Hardy? Anyone? Hardy?

Beerball

Nothing? He took drew the coverage on Royals first TD. Its the little things that count. And remember, Buffalo dont want to show all its cards in the preseason. Hardy knowing the plays and running the correct routes is more important to me right now then catching balls for TD's.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just shows the impact he'll have in the redzone, even when not being thrown to he demands a lot of attention b/c he's so freaking tall. Thats going to do a lot for this teams ability to score TDs and not FGs IMHO. :thumbsup:

Exactly. I could care less what he stats are if they can throw TDs to the TE all year.

It's called a learning curve :thumbsup: , you know like a sign curve? You ruined tires because you can't drive for shite.

Do you mean curve sign instead of sign curve? One time I didn't see a curve sign and ran right into the learning curb.

It's funny, those learning curbs really did their job. When I was 16 I was not a good driver but now I haven't had a day in years without hitting at least one squirrel.

Why the F*ck would Hardy get cut are you serious just because he isnt getting it right off then we are going to cut him it is going to take sometime and he is working extremely hard to be ready to be effective and what i can see is that people are all over him in the red zone ohh and Hardy didnt run the wrong route it was overthrown to Schouman who wasnt looking on a crossing route. So get off his back and ohh i watched a replay today and on the first Royal TD Hardy was wide open in the back left corner in the end zone and Hardy was waving his hands but ohh well a TD is a TD and yes he will help take pressure off some people like EVANS which is one REASON we DRAFTED him are you serious why would you even say cut him wow your dumb!

Sweed looked below average, IMO. He only played with the second and third stringers. But he dropped a few.

All of these rookie WR's look lost.

You do have to give him credit for sticking to Kennard Cox downfield on Dixon's TD run.

Somehow I'm not that inclined to care when this happens:

Buffalo Receiving

REC YDS AVG TD LG(formatting is screwed)

L. Evans 3 55 18.3 0 23

R. Royal 2 20 10.0 2 13

because of the very real threat that Hardy represents. Especially when both of these guys only played for 2 friggin series. :thumbsup: Can you imagine the #s if they had been in the whole game? That = a very real possibility that Lee has around 150 yards receiving and at least one TD, probably 2. Royal ends up with around 50 yards and spends the rest of the game drawing the d away from everybody else. How could they possibly not cover him after the first 2 series?

The intention of drafting James Hardy is to produce the very results you see above. He is not here to be the main guy every game. He is here to represent an extra threat, making it impossible for teams to account for everyone on the field.

If he also produces similar #s when teams throw all of their focus on these other guys, then we are in business. The simple fact is, there are going to be teams that focus on whoever they think is the biggest threat and they may take that guy away. Teams used to try and do that to Andre Reed all the time. And, then Beebe or Lofton early on, would start to dominate and catch everything thrown their way for 2 TDs and 100+ yards, and then those teams would try to adjust and then Reed was open on crossing route, and well, you know the rest = that usually ended up doing well for us in terms of RAC and extra TDs.

If he also produces similar #s when teams throw all of their focus on these other guys, then we are in business. The simple fact is, there are going to be teams that focus on whoever they think is the biggest threat and they may take that guy away. Teams used to try and do that to Andre Reed all the time. And, then Beebe or Lofton early on, would start to dominate and catch everything thrown their way for 2 TDs and 100+ yards, and then those teams would try to adjust and then Reed was open on crossing route, and well, you know the rest = that usually ended up doing well for us in terms of RAC and extra TDs.

Good post. This is phase 1 of the plan for utilizing Hardy. Now, he still has to hold up his end of the bargain when Evans/Royal and co. get neutralized, but if he can show good route running and hands then it will make it difficult on opposing defenses.

Why the F*ck would Hardy get cut are you serious just because he isnt getting it right off then we are going to cut him it is going to take sometime and he is working extremely hard to be ready to be effective and what i can see is that people are all over him in the red zone ohh and Hardy didnt run the wrong route it was overthrown to Schouman who wasnt looking on a crossing route. So get off his back and ohh i watched a replay today and on the first Royal TD Hardy was wide open in the back left corner in the end zone and Hardy was waving his hands but ohh well a TD is a TD and yes he will help take pressure off some people like EVANS which is one REASON we DRAFTED him are you serious why would you even say cut him wow your dumb!

B-):bag::doh:

Hardy was pretty much invisible on the field last night. I'm beginning to get worried and hope the Bills bring in another WR when other team cutdowns begin. :thumbsup::):lol:

:bag::lol::bag:

It's called a learning curve :) , you know like a sign curve? You ruined tires because you can't drive for shite.

No, "learning curb" is correct. As in: "I kept ruining tires because I kept hitting the learning curb with them." :thumbsup:

It's already been said, but that's the real value of a guy like Hardy. As long as he's on the field, the defense has to respect his ability. If they do, someone else will be open. If they don't, it's up to him to respond by making them pay.

Agreed 100%. This is the impact a lot of people were talking about and its not reflected in the numbers. If defenses fear Hardy in the redzone, and thus have to back off coverage, this opens the door for others to be open. In my book, a TD is a TD, no matter who scores it.

Watching the replay now....on the first TD it looked like the safety took an extra step or two outside towards Hardy. Royal was open in the seam.