throwback jerseys

Pitta

does anyone know if there are any plans in the not-too-distant future to either tweak the current jerseys or go back to the throwbacks full time? I personally love the throwbacks, and even lovd the old Super Bowl royal blue uniforms before they switched. I've just always hated the current jerseys and was wondering if anyone here knows if there has been any talk on that at all.

Yes, I realize they just changed to the current jerseys a few years ago.

sorry if this has been brought up, I haven't posted here in a long time.

I think someone would have leaked it already if there was any kind of permanent uniform change in the making. Personally, I'd be happy if they just ditched the current blue/blue look and wore their white pants with the blue jersey's.

I think someone would have leaked it already if there was any kind of permanent uniform change in the making. Personally, I'd be happy if they just ditched the current blue/blue look and wore their white pants with the blue jersey's.

I agree on all accounts... I wish they got rid of the Blue pants altogether. The white pants look much classier with both Home/Away uniforms.

Someone will eventually provide the specifics, but jersey modifications have to be turned in to the league something like 18-24 months prior for review/approval. Unless the Bills have submitting something without it leaking (not likely) we're stuck with what we got for a while.

Someone will eventually provide the specifics, but jersey modifications have to be turned in to the league something like 18-24 months prior for review/approval. Unless the Bills have submitting something without it leaking (not likely) we're stuck with what we got for a while.

so no one else prefers the throwbacks? I think our alternate jerseys are one of the best in the league next to San Diego's.

I hate to admitt it, but the current home uni's, in all blue (like they wore last night against the Steelers) have kind of grown on me. They look particularly nice when we dominate another team. I hate the road uniforms (but all white is better), and I like the thorwbacks, but if it were me, I would take one white stripe off the sleeves...

so no one else prefers the throwbacks? I think our alternate jerseys are one of the best in the league next to San Diego's.

The throwbacks are awesome but I think they would lose their novelty if they wore them for all 16 games. Also, maybe it's me...but the throwbacks look best when they are all stained with grass and mud, like the old Rockpile days. Nowadays with all the Field Turf they just look a bit out of place sometimes. The uni's stay too clean!

Almost everybody loves the throwbacks. I work with a Bears fan, Packers fan, Chargers fan, and a bunch of Skins fans, and they all comment on how cool our uniforms look when they Bills wear their throwbacks.

But of course, we'll keep the crap we wear now.

IIRC, a team that has changed its uniform design cannot make new major changes w/in 5 years. They introduced the new design in May 2002, so this no longer applies. Also, teams must inform the league of their intent to make changes a year in advance of said change --- like the State of the Union, this could technically be a long drawn-out to-do involving mock-ups and Photoshop files, or it could be as simple as sending a letter saying, "Dear Roger, We're gonna be changing our duds. Thanx, Russ." Evidently this team has chosen not to do this and is content to using the throwbacks twice a year (plus some in camp and the pre-season to break the gear in) --- this despite all the positive feedback about how much the vast majority of fans want to stop all the bitching about the ugly clothes the team wears and install the throwbacks as the full-time jerseys.

My money says they're just going to wait it out until the next owner(s) take over in the coming future and let them decide, which also seems to be what they're doing re: discussion of a new stadium (be it by the league, NYS legislature/politicians, and fans) that pops up almost every offseason.

IIRC, a team that has changed its uniform design cannot make new major changes w/in 5 years. They introduced the new design in May 2002, so this no longer applies. Also, teams must inform the league of their intent to make changes a year in advance of said change --- like the State of the Union, this could technically be a long drawn-out to-do involving mock-ups and Photoshop files, or it could be as simple as sending a letter saying, "Dear Roger, We're gonna be changing our duds. Thanx, Russ." Evidently this team has chosen not to do this and is content to using the throwbacks twice a year (plus some in camp and the pre-season to break the gear in) --- this despite all the positive feedback about how much the vast majority of fans want to stop all the bitching about the ugly clothes the team wears and install the throwbacks as the full-time jerseys.

My money says they're just going to wait it out until the next owner(s) take over in the coming future and let them decide, which also seems to be what they're doing re: discussion of a new stadium (be it by the league, NYS legislature/politicians, and fans) that pops up almost every offseason.

I think it's safe to say there is overwhelming love for the throwbacks. Since this is obviously lost on RW & Brandon et al, I say we call for the change. Just coin the Bills logo onto a sheet of paper, address the letter to the league requesting the change and mail it from a mailbox in the O.P. area. No one in the league office talks to Ralph anyway so it might just go through..

Just a thought.. :thumbsup: