John Digorgio

JD went to Utica Eisenhower, I watched him a few times in high school. He played with his brother Joe who was an exceptional QB and Safety. His brother actually went to Buffalo University for a year before transferring over to Saginaw Valley State to join John.

I saw them both in the MHSA state championship game. I think JD was a senior and his brother a sophomore or freshman. That team was impressive, both brothers stood out as men amongst boys.

:worthy: Awesome! Thanks for the insight!

Last year I was pretty impressed with how well the D held up after all the injuries. Please don't throw stats and rankings at me in response to that statement, I know what they were. But they didn't allow that many points, and for the most part they kept the sputtering offense in games. They also played HARD!

At the center of it all was John Freakin' DiGorgio, an unlikely candidate for signal caller, no doubt. But the defense didn't splash out like you would expect looking at them on paper.

Well this past Saturday I left the Bills bar rocking my Bills jersey en route to a BBQ. At one point in the night this big dude rolls up to me and goes, "Yo, John Digorgio!" Now I don't live in Bills country, it's the friggin' midwest and I was at a party hosted by Clevelanders- who are PROFOUNDLY incestuous, and EVERYtime these particular chicks throw a party, it's just frothing over with Ohians (most of whom suck, by the way).

So when this meatstick calls out DiGorgio -of all players- at the sight of my jersey, I was a bit caught off guard. Turns out this guy is from Michigan, and played high school ball against him.

Allegedly, his squad and JDG's school were two of the best in the state, and it was JDG's team which upset this guy's run in the playoffs. He said that of all the players he played against that went on to do bigger and better things, nobody was as smart as JDG- the guy knew EVERY play they were running, and the crazier the call, the faster JDG was in there breaking it up.

He said JDG wasn't the most athletic, or biggest, or strongest guy he'd ever played against (although he did say he was still pretty beastly), but that his smarts made him an INCREDIBLE football player. JDG WAS EVERYWHERE!

It was great to hear that and I love that we have POZ coming up, competing with, and learning from this guy! Def not TOO big a drop off when JDG gets in there either! Go Bills!

I agree . I can see that he has smarts and is always in a place to make a play, even though he doesn't always. My only concern is he is light in the ass. I like LB'S taller and heavier.