What does it mean for a city to HAVE a team?

What if the Bills were to move to Toronto, their offices, their practice facilities, everything but the stadium? Does a team HAVE to play its games in the city which corresponds to their name?

I ask because on the video of the pep rally there was an interview with Canadian ticket holder who said that they're pumped to have them coming up to Toronto, but Buffalo is a much better place to watch a game, "obviously."

Anyways, I didn't know what the technical rules were for what makes the Buffalo Bills the BUFFALO Bills or any other team for that matter. Seems like the name/stadium location could be arbitrary- i.e. the teams from Arizona, New England, and New York.

If, perchance the Bills would pick up and move to Toronto, but maintain the name Buffalo and keep playing its games at the Ralph, would the locals be quite so bitter? I'm inclined to say no.

Now, I understand part of the reason for migrating the team in the first place is the low ticket prices, but since Canadian fans have shown a willingness to travel, couldn't the corporate sponsorships which are lacking in Western New York be picked up by the Canucks in one way or another? Do they already have access to these sponsorships but just don't use them so they/their clients don't have to cross the border?

In my case, it means an additional 1% sales tax to pay for an already-twice refinanced bond debt for a free House of Worship for a multi-millionaire, four members of his family, several friends and confidants, and 53 other well-to-do individuals. :ph34r:

I don't know what any of that means. Is it an inside joke in Cincinatti?

Was my original post completely retarded or does nobody know the answer to an otherwise pertinent question? <---boy I might have just set myself up big time with that sentence.

What if the Bills were to move to Toronto, their offices, their practice facilities, everything but the stadium? Does a team HAVE to play its games in the city which corresponds to their name?

I ask because on the video of the pep rally there was an interview with Canadian ticket holder who said that they're pumped to have them coming up to Toronto, but Buffalo is a much better place to watch a game, "obviously."

Anyways, I didn't know what the technical rules were for what makes the Buffalo Bills the BUFFALO Bills or any other team for that matter. Seems like the name/stadium location could be arbitrary- i.e. the teams from Arizona, New England, and New York.

If, perchance the Bills would pick up and move to Toronto, but maintain the name Buffalo and keep playing its games at the Ralph, would the locals be quite so bitter? I'm inclined to say no.

Now, I understand part of the reason for migrating the team in the first place is the low ticket prices, but since Canadian fans have shown a willingness to travel, couldn't the corporate sponsorships which are lacking in Western New York be picked up by the Canucks in one way or another? Do they already have access to these sponsorships but just don't use them so they/their clients don't have to cross the border?

Why would the team possibly want to "move to Toronto" but still play games in Buffalo and call the team the "Buffalo Bills?" The entire point of moving to Toronto is to sell tix at Rogers Centre, brand the team as Toronto's team, and profit from the much larger potential fan base. I don't think that they're looking to move their office staff to Toronto solely to take advantage of national health care.

Well, the Buffalo Bills play in Orchard Park right now :ph34r:

:ph34r:

:doh:

:lol:

:wallbash:

In my case, it means an additional 1% sales tax to pay for an already-twice refinanced bond debt for a free House of Worship for a multi-millionaire, four members of his family, several friends and confidants, and 53 other well-to-do individuals. :lol:

:ph34r: Well put brother!! Can I get an AMEN!!!! :doh: