Blog about Bills' Offense

DaGimp

This sure sounds promising....not:

"OFFENSE NOT PLAYING IT CLOSE TO THE VEST: I asked Dick Jauron about the challenge of not putting all of their offensive cards on the table in the preseason, while at the same time trying to determine what plays work best for the offensive personnel in game situations. Buffalo's head coach said waiting to unveil plays until the regular season to keep their 2008 opponents in the dark really isn't an option.

"I think we're not worried about keeping things under wraps in light of the situation we're in offensively becasue we're still trying to find out what our guys can do and do well at a number of critical positions," said Jauron. "Once we get a strong feeling for that then we can fit the offense and concentrate on specific with more of this or less of that, or forget this totally. (We have to) figure out what they can do and what they do well and let them do it, and that's where we're headed. It's not an easy thing because you have to try a lot of things."

So while some of what we're seeing offensivey is likely to resurface in the regular season, it also appears some of what we witness will also be tossed out. I suppose it's up to Buffalo's first couple of regular season opponents to figure out what the Bills felt good about in terms of execution through the preseason, and what they're likely to jettison. " From Buffalo Bills Blog