Interesting

Actually READING the ARTICLE, Powell's camp is denying this to be the case.

In any event if it is true, what will be interesting are his reasons.

Actually, if you REALLY read the article, some nutjob at the Weekly Standard told a bunch of other, worse nutjobs at FoxSnooze that unnamed sources told him...

Yeah, third-hand rumors, from FoxSnooze. I don't even need to know what they are to know they're probably salacious bull sh--.

Actually, if you REALLY read the article, some nutjob at the Weekly Standard told a bunch of other, worse nutjobs at FoxSnooze that unnamed sources told him...

Yeah, third-hand rumors, from FoxSnooze. I don't even need to know what they are to know they're probably salacious bull sh--.

Bill Kristol is definitely not firing on all cylinders, but he's the Weekly Standard editor and has a lot of clout in the conservative press.

Well then it's no wonder that the Powell camp is contradicting the story, isn't it?

Hence the headline that Power is endorsing Obama is technically, probably, incorrect. I myself see it as an improbable occurrence. For Powell to endorse Obama is to repudiate much that he himself has "stood for" if you will in terms of his support of the GOP and its policies. If McCain was some sort of loose cannon I could see Powell breaking with the party but McCain is no more or less a nutjob than the rest of them. Powell would have to be very convincing and apolitical (almost impossible in politics) in making such a break because the GOP smear machine would just turn around and swift boat him.

Actually READING the ARTICLE, Powell's camp is denying this to be the case.

In any event if it is true, what will be interesting are his reasons.

FYI, I read the article. When I posted the link, it was a "News Alert" along the top of the home page and only a couple paragraphs long as it was just released seconds before I posted it here. By the time you read it, Powell had denied it and it had been updated with the following 4 paragraphs which I did not see until your post:

"“This is not an absolute done deal, but these people are very confident that Powell will endorse Obama,” Kristol said, adding that he thinks Powell, a Republican, still has “a high respect” for John McCain, Obama’s Republican rival.

Powell immediately denied the report.

“I do not have time to waste on Bill Kristol’s musings,” Powell told ABC News. “I am not going to the convention. I have made this clear.”

Roll Call executive editor Mort Kondracke, also a FOX News contributor, said he personally has spoken with Powell, who denied the report and said he has made no endorsement decisions, according to Kondracke."

An article I read this morning quoted an aide or someone purporting to be close to Powell as saying Powell is "looking for a reason to vote for McCain". Interesting.

I'm "looking for a reason" to vote for either Obama or McCain

I'll keep looking...