Channel 13 in Rochester is reporting.....

Luvbills

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope something is beginning to happen with Peters and Brandon getting a deal done but do you guys think that Lee Evans would be pissed if Peters got his contract before Evans who deserves it for being the bigger man and reporting to camp on time and doing everything right.

I really hope something is beginning to happen with Peters and Brandon getting a deal done but do you guys think that Lee Evans would be pissed if Peters got his contract before Evans who deserves it for being the bigger man and reporting to camp on time and doing everything right.

Add enough zeroes to the end of his new salary, and he wouldn't stay mad for long. Besides, I still don't think anything happens with Peters until he officially returns to the team.

Holy crap! That looks like a giant turd!

It's a bit harsh but the guy is doing every thing wrong. He needs to get into camp. :wallbash:

OK, this is the honest to God truth...I sent Catalana an email and he promptly responded:

I have 2 sources telling me he was in OP. But I have a very good Bills source telling me there has been no contact at all between the Peters camp and the Bills. There is no speculation at all that he is going to report. But he is in WNY and that can't hurt

If he sits on you that'll hurt.

The second part of that matches what I've been told this morning -- the Bills aren't budging, and it's up to him to make the first move.

Maybe he just stopped by his place in OP to mow the lawn or something?

He needs to get into camp before the Bills will discuss a new contract.

The timing fits with what I have been thinking all along, too. I figured that this is about the time that Parker would have Peters into camp. They wanted to show the Bills that they really can't live without Peters (starting Walker at LT and Chambers at RT) and then see if the Bills would then begin to cave. After one game it was pretty evident. Add to that the injuries, and if the Bills are not going to cave when they are down to three healthy tackles, Parker must take that into consideration. He probably has a better idea of the Bills resolve on this, and he will soon have his client in camp. I thought it was going to be after the first game but perhaps it will be after the second.

The Bills have done the right thing all along on this. Although I still believe in the long run, when Peters gets his big contract, probably next year, the threat of this holdout or a second one will have ultimately helped Parker and Peters get more money. Just an opinion and impossible to know without being in the room.

I think they'll give him a new contract during this season.

No offense to the honest newbies out there but why does it seem that everybody who has first hand knowledge of having seen this on the news has under 100 posts. Seems a bit odd to me that not one reliable poster saw this.

I think the original poster might have started the thread based off of a thread that was on "the zone" last night. That original thread on "the zone" has since been removed because of the lack of any credible information.

No, the original poster started the thread based off of what Mike Catalana said on the air. Which he then repeated later. If you have an issue with what Catalana said, take it up with him.

I'm lost, what's your beef?

The "beef" is that some people don't understand what they read, even after having it repeated for them, but nonetheless continue to spout off unsubstantiated speculation.

So you disbelieve that Catalana said it?

I believe Catalana said it , and I believe the original poster. A "doubting thomas" (RayFinkle) came along and not only missed what the original message was, but he added his own speculation as to the motives of the OP. Thus the reading comprehension comment.

I believe Catalana said it , and I believe the original poster. A "doubting thomas" (RayFinkle) came along and not only missed what the original message was, but he added his own speculation as to the motives of the OP. Thus the reading comprehension comment.

OK, fair enough. I get easily lost.

Been dazed and confused for so long...

I hate that guy.