Channel 13 in Rochester is reporting.....

Luvbills

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I *knew* this morning when I saw a car in the Starbucks lot with the plate "BUFFBLLS" and a "You're in Bills Country" bumper sticker this morning that it would be a good day. Keep in mind, I live up in the Vermont...

Puhhhhh-lease let this be true!

"... the Vermont.." ???

So did mike report it on the air? If so, why is it not on their web site? If not, how would these random chat room guys know?

I'm not expecting you to answer these questions, of course. I'm just venting.

He said it on air. Why it's not on their web site, I don't know.

Doesn't look like their Web site gets much attention, using AP copy for most updates. I wanted to add Mike's blog to the list on the TBD front page, but it hasn't been touched since the end of July.

So, if any of our Rochester contingent want to give us a play-by-play of tonight's sportscast ...

No positive news on either channel 4 or 7 here in Buffalo. One of them showed a small portion of an interview with Brandon, where he simply repeated that they haven't had any contact with Peters, and expect him to be in camp.

Oh well, I actually thought something was afoot. :wallbash:

I also saw it, relax doubters

Hey, I want to believe as much as the next guy, but as an out-of-towner trying to keep up with my team I am anxious for concrete facts. All I am hearing is one newscaster in Rochester said Peters was in the OP, but the stations closer to OP are saying nothing. Either Mike has a big scoop, or he is speculating, or people are misinterpreting what he said.

Hey, I want to believe as much as the next guy, but as an out-of-towner trying to keep up with my team I am anxious for concrete facts. All I am hearing is one newscaster in Rochester said Peters was in the OP, but the stations closer to OP are saying nothing. Either Mike has a big scoop, or he is speculating, or people are misinterpreting what he said.

Not to mention a scoop like that would be on their friggin' website, and every other media outlet would be quoting them. It's not like they keep stuff like that secret. The only other explanation is he did say something but realized it was false.

PTR

Not to mention a scoop like that would be on their friggin' website, and every other media outlet would be quoting them. It's not like they keep stuff like that secret. The only other explanation is he did say something but realized it was false.

PTR

Promo, as I've already mentioned, there's a layer of dust accumulating on that Web site. Other than AP stuff and their camp preview, it doesn't look like they post ANYTHING.

I've got a shout out to Mike C., but I don't know if/when he'll respond ...

PTR

I think you might be right on your second comment, promo. Either that, or he said something much less explosive, which has been whipped up into something bigger through message board repetition... I do think that it would be the right time for some movement, now that we have seen one preseason game, but I guess we will have to be patient.

PTR

Its called a scoop because someone beats everyone else to a story. The dude starting this thread heard it. I watced it(twice with time warners help). Its not a 100% done deal, but its better than the status quo stalemate. It seems like you're the glass half-empty type.