Sounds of The Game

If anyone saw this program on the Bills-Broncos game it was excellent.

My impressions were:

Shannahan is a great coach and has command of everything correcting players constantly and calling plays.

Mularkey seems more of a Levy type letting others run the show and sitting back a bit just trying to keep the focus and tone set.

Like it or not, Bledsoe was clearly the leader of the team and seemed to do it well. There is no way Losman is ready yet although the good news is he does seem like he will be an excellent qb and won't take forever to develop. Our best hope is that Drew plays well while Losman develops. If we go 2-6 or something get Losman in there but Drew has to start just like Henry has to be the first option.

You get an idea of how complex the game is and how many different skills are required to be effective. Tucker was also impressive of what they showed of him. It also gives a good idea of how small the margin is between winning and losing as there are so many good atheletes out there trying to make plays.

My impression of Shanahan is he is an intelligent coach but very robotic. I doubt players can really identify w/ Mike Shanahan but you can't ignore his accomplishments. Mularkey seems like more of a players coach. I hope you're right with that Levy comparison!

Archived