Packers Offense..

otisly00

Aaron Rodgers - project, 1st year starting QB, has proven nothing in the NFL. What do the Pack do last night - they throw, throw, then throw some more to get his confidence up, the WR's confidence up in him, and the Pack Fans confidence in Aaron takin over the reigns. I couldnt help but watch in awe of how refreshing an offense they run, so unpredictable - throw on 1st down, go deep on 1st down, quick outs, quick hits, rollouts/bootlegs, RB draws on 2nd etc etc.

I hope the Turk and DJ were taking notes, and backs up his talk the next few games about 'opening up the offense'. Give our starters a taste of his action in the preseason - and who gives a sh-t about showing your 'all mighty special plays' and new offense. If they dont work in the regular season, what good are they anyways?

Aaron Rodgers - project, 1st year starting QB, has proven nothing in the NFL. What do the Pack do last night - they throw, throw, then throw some more to get his confidence up, the WR's confidence up in him, and the Pack Fans confidence in Aaron takin over the reigns. I couldnt help but watch in awe of how refreshing an offense they run, so unpredictable - throw on 1st down, go deep on 1st down, quick outs, quick hits, rollouts/bootlegs, RB draws on 2nd etc etc.

I hope the Turk and DJ were taking notes, and backs up his talk the next few games about 'opening up the offense'. Give our starters a taste of his action in the preseason - and who gives a sh-t about showing your 'all mighty special plays' and new offense. If they dont work in the regular season, what good are they anyways?

I think the Redskins game was all about formations

I plan on seeing Trent tear it up next game and get a TD to shut people up

I hope the Turk and DJ were taking notes, and backs up his talk the next few games about 'opening up the offense'.

I don't see a confidence problem with our starter. Schonert is doing what he should be doing; working with the offense as a WHOLE.

No way in heaven or on earth that this factored in to their scheming.

If the Bills were playing the Bungles, a team the much-maligned JP torched last year, you'd see Trent's performance being great as well. The Bungles' defense is atrocious and this is just pre-season.

If the Bills were playing the Bungles, a team the much-maligned JP torched last year, you'd see Trent's performance being great as well. The Bungles' defense is atrocious and this is just pre-season.

You're not being very complimentary to the Bills, there. Last season, CIN was ranked 27th in overall D, BUF 31st.

In their pre-season games this year, CIN gave up 17 points and 383 yards in a win, BUF gave up 17 and 341 in a loss.

You're not being very complimentary to the Bills, there. Last season, CIN was ranked 27th in overall D, BUF 31st.

In their pre-season games this year, CIN gave up 17 points and 383 yards in a win, BUF gave up 17 and 341 in a loss.

I wasn't being complimentary. And I was saying that JP, who apparently sucks, torched them, so Rodgers doing it means nothing.

Aaron Rodgers - project, 1st year starting QB, has proven nothing in the NFL. What do the Pack do last night - they throw, throw, then throw some more to get his confidence up, the WR's confidence up in him, and the Pack Fans confidence in Aaron takin over the reigns.

This just in: The Packers are 0-0 in the 2008 regular season...same as the Bills.

It was fun to watch and I'm sure the ESPN-ophiles loved it. But if Rogers had been busted up by a FA rookie trying to make the Bengals roster, what do you think Cheese Heads would be calling McCarthy today?

This just in: The Packers are 0-0 in the 2008 regular season...same as the Bills.

It was fun to watch and I'm sure the ESPN-ophiles loved it. But if Rogers had been busted up by a FA rookie trying to make the Bengals roster, what do you think Cheese Heads would be calling McCarthy today?

i have no clue what the cheeshead were calling McCarthy yesterday or today and dont really care. If you have read the board lately, its been non stop fuss about how bad edwards and our offense was, and how our O looks the same as last year. It was plain and simply just looking at another teams 'pre season' work compared to ours. I dont care if edwards goes 0-12 (ok i might a little) in the game tomorrow, but at least it shows me that we are attempting to separate ourselves from last years run,run, pass mentality.

the most important part of that game was they have a young QB that hasnt had a lot of playing time so they actually decided to play him....Im amazed they were able to figure that out, let your young player get some decent playing time instead of taking him out after 3 plays

this is my biggest problem with Jauron and this team in general, they dont play their players enough in training camp or the preseason and it takes them til October to start playing well

yes its preseason but the starters barely played last preseason and it carried over into the season and contributed to a poor start

the most important part of that game was they have a young QB that hasnt had a lot of playing time so they actually decided to play him....Im amazed they were able to figure that out, let your young player get some decent playing time instead of taking him out after 3 plays

this is my biggest problem with Jauron and this team in general, they dont play their players enough in training camp or the preseason and it takes them til October to start playing well

yes its preseason but the starters barely played last preseason and it carried over into the season and contributed to a poor start

Agreed. Get them acclimated early. They are athletes that play once a week, if they need rest dont run them ragged in the practice. I know in the first few pre season games they like to see what they have as far as free agents and scout depth chart fill ins. But Trent is just as green as the rest, especially because he is a QB in a new system. I dont care about the OTA's and staying after practice notthing compares to an actual game, where guys want to actually hit the QB because all week they cant.

And its not like our guys didnt get hurt in the reg season last year. If its going to happen its going to happen. Get them working together in a game situation as much as possible. Thats the only way a young team will click.

Agreed. Get them acclimated early. They are athletes that play once a week, if they need rest dont run them ragged in the practice. I know in the first few pre season games they like to see what they have as far as free agents and scout depth chart fill ins. But Trent is just as green as the rest, especially because he is a QB in a new system. I dont care about the OTA's and staying after practice notthing compares to an actual game, where guys want to actually hit the QB because all week they cant.

And its not like our guys didnt get hurt in the reg season last year. If its going to happen its going to happen. Get them working together in a game situation as much as possible. Thats the only way a young team will click.

and maybe many were getting hurt so early last year b/c we didnt give them enough 'action' in the preseason to get ready for a full 4 quarters....

my other thought was that since we are playing on a thursday night this week, which is a short week, maybe DJ was going light on saturday to give them extended action tomorrow night. i can only hope, and here is to praying that a big time LT makes his (or her) way to buffalo soon.

DJ went light all preseason last year so I dont think it matters when they play....what really bugged me last year was they had 3 new starters on the O-line and a new starting RB and they barely played together in the preseason

I fear the same slow start will happen again this year