Obama and the Olympics

Chilly

From people blowing this out of proportion... trying to stir up more nonsense. I sure did defend him for that.

Uh...Obama started this dialog with his asinine statement. So now, making legitimate criticism (I notice you couldn't come up with a response to Tom's point) of the Messiah is stirring up more nonsense? So much for the 'progressives' wanting to hear all viewpoints. <_<

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ironic that you're complaining about Paris Hilton and George Bush (the "moron") when your party's solution to our problems is nominating a handsome young guy who is completely lost without his teleprompter.

Thanks for proving my point - judging him on his appearance, eh? I don't know about the teleprompter, please share with the board the facts around Obama's never being able to give a speech without one.

But it is fun what one learns here. SD Marine is bald and since you object to Obama's appearance you must be old and ugly.

But thanks again for proving me right, it must means SO much to me to be validated by narrow-minded neocon pinheads.

Thanks for proving my point - judging him on his appearance, eh? I don't know about the teleprompter, please share with the board the facts around Obama's never being able to give a speech without one.

But it is fun what one learns here. SD Marine is bald and since you object to Obama's appearance you must be old and ugly.

But thanks again for proving me right, it must means SO much to me to be validated by narrow-minded neocon pinheads.

So how was your weekend Debbie? Apparently you didn't take my advice as you seem to be as full of piss and vinegar as usual. You really should knock back a few shots and give it up to your man once in awhile-it'll change your whole attitude believe me! I thought you hippies were all about free love anyway...what gives? I mean really, can't we all just get along? <_<

Make Love not War!

Really? You can't think of any Obama gaffes over the past few months once he's not reading a script? You don't remember anything about "bitter people" clinging to "guns and religion"? Or how properly inflated tires equates to "all the oil" that could be drilled? How about his bizarre answer when a 7 year old asked him why he wanted to be president last week?

Face it, if Obama wasn't a pretty face and a good speech reader, he'd be nowhere near where he is today. Half a term as a U.S. Senator and a few years as a "community organizer" don't really make you fit to lead the free world. Lucky for him, he's young and exciting (if you're a moron) so we should all paint pictures of him and adopt a new "O" hand symbol when he speaks. It's hilarious that after 8 years of calling Bush stupid, your party nominated a charismatic airhead of their own and you're really excited. It's different when it's your party, right?

Also extremely ironic that you're saying I judge Obama based on his appearance. Haven't you spent years on this board talking about "Republican hair"?

Good job piling up the irony.

How about all the ums and ers when he doesn't have a teleprompter. I expect him to start saying "okay" or " you know" soon.

Speaking of needing a teleprompter.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xob2HyCbj50...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCagyQT5Y9g...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaR1CnfyrEo...feature=related

I hope he checked with one of those McCain sponsored tire gauges. What an ass McCain is.

Wow :devil:

my post mentioned nothing about John McCain yet you still feel the need to call him an ass :)

When you were a child, were you molested by a Republican or something? You've got some serious issues dude, seek help :D

Wow :devil:

my post mentioned nothing about John McCain yet you still feel the need to call him an ass :)

When you were a child, were you molested by a Republican or something? You've got some serious issues dude, seek help :D

Your post (in true McCain campaign fashion) mocked Obama mentioning the inflation of tires. I guess you still mock the idea that works.

I have the same issues you have my friend. You dislike Obama, I dislike McCain. Pretty simple.

Your post (in true McCain campaign fashion) mocked Obama mentioning the inflation of tires. I guess you still mock the idea that works.

I have the same issues you have my friend. You dislike Obama, I dislike McCain. Pretty simple.

Actually I dislike them both. You however despise one and apologize for the other.

I pick on Obama because he's the flavour of the month. If McCain takes a lead in the polls and starts acting a fool like Obama, I'll start ragging on him more

*Edit: And I love how you associate me with the McCain campaign because i pick on Obama. Gotta love that "us vs them" mentality of Democrat and Republican Kool-Aid® drinkers. :)

Actually I dislike them both. You however despise one and apologize for the other.

I pick on Obama because he's the flavour of the month. If McCain takes a lead in the polls and starts acting a fool like Obama, I'll start ragging on him more

*Edit: And I love how you associate me with the McCain campaign because i pick on Obama. Gotta love that "us vs them" mentality of Democrat and Republican Kool-Aid® drinkers. :)

Really, you dislike them both? That's actually shocking to me, since 99% of your political posts are about bashing Obama. And I associated you with McCain because you repeat their nonsense. And "Kool-Aid" drinker, what are you four?

Yes, I do despise McCain and many of his politic beliefs.

Ahahahahah. Thanks for the laugh this morning. You Obamians still can't admit that he was wrong.

Ahahahahah. Thanks for the laugh this morning. You Obamians still can't admit that he was wrong.

Really so even when experts come out say that the idea would work. Granted not an energy policy - but it would work. He's still wrong.

Really so even when experts come out say that the idea would work. Granted not an energy policy - but it would work. He's still wrong.

Yes, there have been plenty of experts saying we would save as much as offshore drilling. :)

Yes, there have been plenty of experts saying we would save as much as offshore drilling. :)

Most the experts that I have seen when asked about offshore drilling say yes, it could lower costs at the pump in about 10 years. The other option at least does something now.

Most the experts that I have seen when asked about offshore drilling say yes, it could lower costs at the pump in about 10 years. The other option at least does something now.

Oooh boy, that must mean we can't do both, right? Our only options are to do one or the other.

Its very easy math. There are 18 billion barrels contained in offshore drilling. It would take 270 years before we reached that point if everyone that had under inflated tires inflated them, and we'd empty offshore drilling well before that.

How the hell would you enforce tire inflation anyway?

Once again: He said you could save just as much. He was wrong.

Nice try at spin though with the whole "10 year" thing.

Oooh boy, that must mean we can't do both, right? Our only options are to do one or the other.

Its very easy math. There are 18 billion barrels contained in offshore drilling. It would take 270 years before we reached that point if everyone that had under inflated tires inflated them, and we'd empty offshore drilling well before that.

How the hell would you enforce tire inflation anyway?

Once again: He said you could save just as much. He was wrong.

Nice try at spin though with the whole "10 year" thing.

Ok, who ever said anything about enforcing it? Jesus take it for what it was a simple statement that clearly pointed to the fact that if people inflated their tires properly - that action could help out with gas consumption. So again, how it wrong to say that?

About drilling from Time:

But there's a flaw in that logic: even if tomorrow we opened up every square mile of the outer continental shelf to offshore rigs, even if we drilled the entire state of Alaska and pulled new refineries out of thin air, the impact on gas prices would be minimal and delayed at best. A 2004 study by the government's Energy Information Administration (EIA) found that drilling in ANWR would trim the price of gas by 3.5 cents a gallon by 2027. (If oil prices continue to skyrocket, the savings would be greater, but not by much.) Opening up offshore areas to oil exploration — currently all coastal areas save a section of the Gulf of Mexico are off-limits, thanks to a congressional ban enacted in 1982 and supplemented by an executive order from the first President Bush — might cut the price of gas by 3 to 4 cents a gallon at most, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council. And the relief at the pump, such as it is, wouldn't be immediate — it would take several years, at least, for the oil to begin to flow, which is time enough for increased demand from China, India and the rest of the world to outpace those relatively meager savings. "Right now the price of oil is set on the global market," says Kevin Lindemer, executive managing director of the energy markets group for the research firm Global Insight. President Bush's move "would not have an impact."

The reason is simple: the U.S. has an estimated 3% of global petroleum reserves but consumes 24% of the world's oil. Offshore territories and public lands like ANWR that don't allow drilling may contain up to 75 billion barrels of oil, according to the EIA. That may sound like a lot, but it's not enough to make a significant difference in a world where global oil demand is expected to rise 30% by 2030, to nearly 120 million barrels a day. At best, greatly expanding domestic drilling might eventually lower the proportion of oil the U.S. imports — currently about 60% of its total supply — but petroleum is a global commodity, and the world market would soak up any additional American production. "This is a drop in the bucket," says Gernot Wagner, an economist with the Environmental Defense Fund.

Drill Here. Drill Now. :)