Play Calling

Dante

One of my most consistent gripes over the last 10 years or so, is the Bills predictable offense. Nothing new but I really think they are putting both the QBs and RB's at a disadvantage. D's are stacked against Lynch on first down and everyone knows TE is going to be passing on 2nd and third. Couldn't we just throw it on first down once and a while? On Sunday that was what I bitched about to my son. #1 complaint.

http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/a...les/bills/12335

Feelin' your pain, Dante, as I'm sure we all do. That said, let's hold on to the fact that it is pre-season (I know, we've said this year after year..) and it's a new co-ordinator that doesn't want Seattle thinking anything but Run, Run, Pass..

Interesting though that JP threw a lot on first down. It also appeared to me the QB's -including Hamdan- checked out/audibled at the line. If true, this is definately a new wrinkle..

Check back on this topic after the opener. For now, let's try to believe :lol:

Feelin' your pain, Dante, as I'm sure we all do. That said, let's hold on to the fact that it is pre-season (I know, we've said this year after year..) and it's a new co-ordinator that doesn't want Seattle thinking anything but Run, Run, Pass..

Interesting though that JP threw a lot on first down. It also appeared to me the QB's -including Hamdan- checked out/audibled at the line. If true, this is definately a new wrinkle..

Check back on this topic after the opener. For now, let's try to believe :lol:

For the first three or four plays on Saturday Washington had EVERY defender within three yards of the line of scrimmage. It wasn't until the 18 yarder to Roscoe that they backed off and went into something that ACTUALLY resembled a defensive formation.

while i hear the complaints about play calling, you can't factor in the redskins game. in the preseason, teams do NOT gameplan for a specific opponent. They usually have their list of items to work on, and are going to work on those regardless of what the other team displays.

One of my most consistent gripes over the last 10 years or so, is the Bills predictable offense. Nothing new but I really think they are putting both the QBs and RB's at a disadvantage. D's are stacked against Lynch on first down and everyone knows TE is going to be passing on 2nd and third. Couldn't we just throw it on first down once and a while? On Sunday that was what I bitched about to my son. #1 complaint.

http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/a...les/bills/12335

And if we notice, it's not too hard for opposing teams to pick up on game film.

I know it's way early to gripe about anything. This particular habit of the Bills is kinda of a open wound, historical deal. When I see them play call like that I guess I'm ultra sensitive to it. I know I'm probably jumping the gun but I get frustrated quickly with the conservatism.