Anyone going to Toronto Thursday?

Just Jack

Well that sucked.

Get to Buffalo, they recommend being there at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure, I had about 25. Bus arrives about half an hour after the scheduled departure, so by time everyone got checked in and loaded, we were leaving about 45 minutes late. Get to the border, and everyone plus luggage needs to get off to go through customs. Everyone gets done with that, we get on, driver does the count, missing one person. Turns out for some reason (never heard why) they took that one person into a back room, so we had to wait for them. Back on the road, once we got close to Toronto, construction and traffic slowed us down alot. We didn't even get to the bus terminal till just before 7:30pm. They did have the dome open when we went by. I really wished I'd asked the driver if he could just drop me off anywhere near there, than having to go all the way to the terminal. A trip that on there webpage should take 2.25 hours ended up taking 3.5 hours.

Found the entrance to the PATH, I was planning on walking to Rogers underground to avoid having to wait for walk signals at the crosswalks. Got as far as the Hudson Bay company and couldn't find where it continued, so I went up to street level instead. Got to the dome just about 8pm. Scalpers were standing a lot closer than I'm used to, a few were only about 20-30 feet from the doors. Got in found my section, went and grabbed a hot dog and a diet coke. It appears that unlike RWS, if you have an upperdeck ticket, you can only get to the upper deck from the gate they tell you to use on the ticket. Got to see the Bills second score and Pittsburgh's first score, before needing to leave to catch my return bus. The last one of the night was leaving at 9pm, thankfully just a couple blocks away from Rogers.

In hind sight, I probably should have stayed over and taken the first one out, even if it meant not getting home till 1pm Friday.

Observations - Saw many empty seats, including whole sections. And even some tarped off sections, not sure if it was intentional, but they really stood out since they were field level seats.

So, trip back, making good time, we should be back in Buffalo as schedule for a little after 11pm, just got to deal with customs. Except customs was backlogged with buses. So we had to wait just over an hour before even being allowed to get off to get in line. (While waiting, saw a car get surrounded by customs people and the two women in it taken into a building, for questioning maybe.) So we're in line, being called one at a time, I had just finished, and these two girls were near me, had also just finished being questioned (not Americans). They were saying something about the questions they were asked, one of the customs agents overhears them, and verbally B word slaps them, and tells them if they don't like the questions they ask, don't come back to this country.

Later, just about everyone is back on the bus and ready to go, when we hear four guys from our bus are being questioned more than usual. This went on for over an hour. Finally the bus driver must have had enough, and said we're leaving, that they could be another three to five hours if they're lucky. We finally get to the Buffalo bus terminal at 2am. I jump in my car, and head back to Syracuse. So here it is, just after 6am, and I've been awake for just about 24 hours. I'm never taking Megabus again for getting across the border.

The few pictures I took

Jack--sorry it wasn't a fun experience for you, but, nice pics! Especially those of Royal's second TD. Well done!

Thanks, now that I know how the stadium is laid out, I should be able to get more/better ones in December.

A few more things I remembered now that I've woken up....

The upperdeck seats are steep, I don't think RWS is this steep. When sitting, your knees are about level with the peoples heads in the row in front of you.

No cup holders.

Leg room? What's that?

Thanks, now that I know how the stadium is laid out, I should be able to get more/better ones in December.

A few more things I remembered now that I've woken up....

The upperdeck seats are steep, I don't think RWS is this steep. When sitting, your knees are about level with the peoples heads in the row in front of you.

No cup holders.

Leg room? What's that?

No offense, but this had rotten night written all over it the moment you decided to take a bus up to toronto. Why would you do that? Your going to drive all the way to buffalo & then take a bus to Toronto just makes no sense to me. I could of told you beforehand you going to have problems getting thru customs or at least a delay with all the people on the bus. Why didn't you just take your car up to TO? I think your lack of forsight caused you misery last night man.

Why didn't you just take your car up to TO? I think your lack of forsight caused you misery last night man.

Because I didn't want to have to deal with traffic and finding parking. Plus having a 3 hour drive home from Buffalo beats have a 5-6 hour drive home from Toronto after the game.

Or you could have just driven to Rochester and taken the ferry over... :worthy:

I really wish that was still an option. Even when it was running, I think I figured out that time and money wise (when gas was cheaper) it would cost about the same as driving. The benefit would be being able to relax on the way.