Going to WWE Raw tonight in Richmond.....

The Poojer

the 2 younger Poojers are fanatic about it....got the "cheap" 20.00 seats....they are thrilled.....i can't wait to see Superfly and Bob Backlund.... :D

Fill me in Pooj and help me relive memories from childhood in the Midlo. Is this event taking place at the Richmond Coliseum where I used to watch my Richmond Renegades? Is the Coliseum even still around? Are the Renegades?

Its an interesting experience. I usually buy the "cheap seats" cause if they have trouble selling out, they give you a free upgrade to the lower levels to make the place looked more full

Its different seeing it live without the commentators and only hearing the noise of the wreslters and the ring. It looks tiny though compared to TV

Fill me in Pooj and help me relive memories from childhood in the Midlo. Is this event taking place at the Richmond Coliseum where I used to watch my Richmond Renegades? Is the Coliseum even still around? Are the Renegades?

I'll answer for the Pooj. The big brown turd is still there. They changed out all of the seats in a $7mm remodel about 5 years ago. They built a club about as big as my back yard shed and they added a new scoreboard. As they say "you can put purfume on a turd, but its still a turd".

Now as for the Renegades - I don't know how much you know about the history of the team, but Allan Harvie was the original owner, sold them after three years and the club had up and down seasons for a number of years. In about 2003, the original Renegades folded and the Richmond Riverdogs of the UHL (formerly CHL, currently IHL) were formed (coached by NHL great Rod Langway). This team lasted for 3 seasons as poor ownership ran them into the ground. We are now embarking on the 3rd season of the "new" Renegades once again owned by Allan Harvie. Former Renegade/Riverdog connections include Head Coach Brian Goudie (John Brophy was the first year coach) and D-man of the year Dan Vandermeer. It is lower level minor league hockey (equivalent of "A" baseball). But it is still a heckuva lot of fun and at $300 for season tix my son and I don't miss a game.

I'll answer for the Pooj. The big brown turd is still there. They changed out all of the seats in a $7mm remodel about 5 years ago. They built a club about as big as my back yard shed and they added a new scoreboard. As they say "you can put purfume on a turd, but its still a turd".

Now as for the Renegades - I don't know how much you know about the history of the team, but Allan Harvie was the original owner, sold them after three years and the club had up and down seasons for a number of years. In about 2003, the original Renegades folded and the Richmond Riverdogs of the UHL (formerly CHL, currently IHL) were formed (coached by NHL great Rod Langway). This team lasted for 3 seasons as poor ownership ran them into the ground. We are now embarking on the 3rd season of the "new" Renegades once again owned by Allan Harvie. Former Renegade/Riverdog connections include Head Coach Brian Goudie (John Brophy was the first year coach) and D-man of the year Dan Vandermeer. It is lower level minor league hockey (equivalent of "A" baseball). But it is still a heckuva lot of fun and at $300 for season tix my son and I don't miss a game.

Nice to hear, I was around back in the Scott Gruhl days.....those were my boys.

Nice to here, I was around back in the Scott Gruhl days.....those were my boys.

Gruhl was the man. He still lives in town and is active coaching his boy's hockey teams, etc. His oldest son just won a state high school baseball championship with James River High School.

There was a poor attempt at a "Legends of Richmond Hockey" game last seaon and Gruhl was the marquee player scoring about 6 or 7 goals...

Gruhl was the man. He still lives in town and is active coaching his boy's hockey teams, etc. His oldest son just won a state high school baseball championship with James River High School.

There was a poor attempt at a "Legends of Richmond Hockey" game last seaon and Gruhl was the marquee player scoring about 6 or 7 goals...

God how old is the coliseum now? Got to be pushin 40 years old right?

Sadly, all it is is the TV show and you are the studio audience. when USA goes to commercial, the action stops...no more multiple troupes of wrestlers traversing the country and putting on shows. I must say the hits really do look pretty rough in person, i expected to see big time whiffs and misses...but really, my 9 year old is a huuuuuuuuge fan, and he was so frigging thrilled to be there, i thought he would wet himself, so that alone made it worth every penny

How was it? I used to love going to WWF events when I was younger

Sadly, all it is is the TV show and you are the studio audience. when USA goes to commercial, the action stops...no more multiple troupes of wrestlers traversing the country and putting on shows. I must say the hits really do look pretty rough in person, i expected to see big time whiffs and misses...but really, my 9 year old is a huuuuuuuuge fan, and he was so frigging thrilled to be there, i thought he would wet himself, so that alone made it worth every penny

You did good, Dad! :wallbash:

Thats cool man, I'm glad to hear your son had a really good time. Thats what its all about <_<

...no more multiple troupes of wrestlers traversing the country and putting on shows....

Back in the mid 80's, we saw the traveling show at the Watertown High School gym. They used step ladders to get into the ring, and Harley Race vs Macho Man was the headlining act. Since they had been in Syracuse a day or two before, I'd already seen the results in the paper before we even went. Highlight of the evening was when the popcorn machine set off the fire alarm, forcing everyone to go outside and wait till the fire dept said it was okay to go back in. While out there, Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth came out the same exit, since they had parked their car there. Miss Elizabeth sat in the car while Macho watched us all very carefully, even though security was there also. I was less than 10 feet away from them.

Back in the mid 80's, we saw the traveling show at the Watertown High School gym. They used step ladders to get into the ring, and Harley Race vs Macho Man was the headlining act. Since they had been in Syracuse a day or two before, I'd already seen the results in the paper before we even went. Highlight of the evening was when the popcorn machine set off the fire alarm, forcing everyone to go outside and wait till the fire dept said it was okay to go back in. While out there, Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth came out the same exit, since they had parked their car there. Miss Elizabeth sat in the car while Macho watched us all very carefully, even though security was there also. I was less than 10 feet away from them.

Did the Macho Man get a quick hummer in the backseat while everybody was waiting to get back inside? OOOOHHH YEAAAAHHH SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM