Ed Thompson Scout.com Bills Q&A

Beerball

Found this in a 'strange' place, but perhaps some interesting tidbits:

Peters has made a huge mistake. He's sitting at home deepening the divide between himself and a team that I believe will negotiate a new deal with him -- if he simply reports to camp. If he was trying to to squeeze more money from a team that was in cap trouble or that was showing no good-faith effort to negotiate with players once they reported to camp, I would understand (but still disagree with) his strategy of staying at home. But the Bills currently have $21 million in cap space, are actively negotiating a new deal with Evans, and Peter's dealing with the same team that renegotiated his contract as recently as 2006 that gave him a $1.5 million signing bonus in addition to a $1.25 million roster bonus that year.

As for Evans, Buffalo will get a deal squared away soon as he's demonstrated both his value and loyalty to the team. There's no way they want him hitting the free agent market at the end of this season, and it's yet another way to show Peters and others on the team that the offensive tackle's tactic has been a huge error in judgement.

ET: Working out a new deal for both Butler and Williams was a very smart move by Buffalo.

I really like the Bills' chances of being in the thick of the wildcard hunt this year. They managed to win seven games last year despite their reliance on rookies at key positions and the incredible rash of injuries that would have brought a number of NFL teams to their knees. I think they'll be one of the teams clamoring for one of the wildcard spots the final two weeks of the season.

Full story linky