willis

we got rid of him just in time. per rotoworld

Willis McGahee is scheduled to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee as soon as Monday.

The knee has been bothering him throughout camp. Recovery generally takes 2-4 weeks, which would put Week 1 of the regular season in doubt. Ray Rice was already a must handcuff for McGahee owners, and this news makes it even more imperative. Given McGahee's history, this "clean-up" procedure is enough to knock him down a few pegs on the draft board.

we got rid of him just in time. per rotoworld

Willis McGahee is scheduled to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee as soon as Monday.

The knee has been bothering him throughout camp. Recovery generally takes 2-4 weeks, which would put Week 1 of the regular season in doubt. Ray Rice was already a must handcuff for McGahee owners, and this news makes it even more imperative. Given McGahee's history, this "clean-up" procedure is enough to knock him down a few pegs on the draft board.

You do know he played a whole season right? While I wouldn't spit on this guy if he were on fire he did have a good year. This is a lil scope to clean out the scar tissue. He will be fine by week 2. But from what I heard Baltimore loves the way Rice is running the ball. Could be a late steal.

You do know he played a whole season right? While I wouldn't spit on this guy if he were on fire he did have a good year. This is a lil scope to clean out the scar tissue. He will be fine by week 2. But from what I heard Baltimore loves the way Rice is running the ball. Could be a late steal.

Late steal? He was a second rounder. But I do think he's going to be a good one...

I know, but you can't like that they have to go into the same surgically repaired knee, Rice has looked great, and they seem to be losing the love for him, if they had any to begin with

I know, but you can't like that they have to go into the same surgically repaired knee, Rice has looked great, and they seem to be losing the love for him, if they had any to begin with

You are right. This is not just a scope to clean out a little scar tissue. This is a knee that no one ever thought would allow him to play football again. He has 3 ligaments reconstructed in this knee. This does not sound good for Willis. Now that he has his millions, I wonder how motivated he will be during his rehab.

That 3rd we got for Willis, is that the pick we gave away for Stroud?

We got 2 3rds and a 7th for Willis. using those picks we:

2007:

With 2 3rds, we were able to both trade up for Poz and then take Edwards. The Edwards pick was the pick we got for Willis.

2008: We sent the 3rd round pick to Jax for Stroud.

That 3rd we got for Willis, is that the pick we gave away for Stroud?

Yes. I need to add this to my sig. We:

Traded McGahee, Spikes and Holcomb and got 2 3rds, 1 5th and 2 7ths.

We used those on:

Poz = used the our 3rd and our second to trade up.

Stroud = used the extra 3rd and our 5th in trade.

Used the extra third to draft Edwards last year, used our third to draft Ellis this year, used the extra fifth to draft Bowen :huh: .

The sevenths end up being: a guy we cut and Steve Johnson(I think).

So yeah, we robbed Baltimore and Philly blind. Edit(and Chicago if you count that Darwin Walker only played 8? games and they released him).

Yes. I need to add this to my sig. We:

Traded McGahee, Spikes and Holcomb and got 2 3rds, 1 5th and 2 7ths.

We used those on:

Poz = used the our 3rd and our second to trade up.

Stroud = used the extra 3rd and our 5th in trade.

Used the extra third to draft Edwards last year, used our third to draft Ellis this year, used the extra fifth to draft Bowen :huh: .

The sevenths end up being: a guy we cut and Steve Johnson(I think).

So yeah, we robbed Baltimore and Philly blind. Edit(and Chicago if you count that Darwin Walker only played 8? games and they released him).

Thanks, Marv! :P