Buffalo sports media vs. DC's

Fewell733

Spending both a lot of time in DC and in Buffalo, the last two days I've had the joy of listening to sports radio around DC and Buffalo following basically a meaningless game. In DC it is amazing how they twist every negative into an obvious positive and have basically convinced themselves that their team is a legit superbowl contender. Caller after caller calls in praising their team and pumping themselves up - Colt Brennan is a future stud, 3rd string running backs are future stars, etc. Basically Bills fans in Buffalo seem to have the exact opposite reaction. Disparage the team, the qb, call for everyone to be fired, write off the season. All this for a meaningless game that was tied at the half.

I'm not sure which is more irritating.

Spending both a lot of time in DC and in Buffalo, the last two days I've had the joy of listening to sports radio around DC and Buffalo following basically a meaningless game. In DC it is amazing how they twist every negative into an obvious positive and have basically convinced themselves that their team is a legit superbowl contender. Caller after caller calls in praising their team and pumping themselves up - Colt Brennan is a future stud, 3rd string running backs are future stars, etc. Basically Bills fans in Buffalo seem to have the exact opposite reaction. Disparage the team, the qb, call for everyone to be fired, write off the season. All this for a meaningless game that was tied at the half.

The DC AM sports guys are a bunch of homers. They always expect a win. Unlike Rochester Radio Boob Matthews who calls it like he sees them.

Last year all you hear in the week wht Bills played them was how bad Buffalo was and how easy the Skins would win the game

----------------------------------------------

And what about Theisman masterbating everything Redskins duting the game??? I muted the audio frequently.

These people are supposed to be unbiased.

Redskins made the playoffs in 2005 and again in 2007.

Bills haven't sniffed the playoffs in a decade.

Do the math.

The broadcast on NFL network came straight from the Redskins. Patrick and Theisman were an abomination! -is that redundant? :D

Never thought I'd see the day Theisman would be out-homered regarding the 'Skins, but it happened!! Hamden was in his third series before they even noticed he was on the field. When Lindell missed the tying FG, Patrick said "they've heard 'Wide Left' in Buffalo many times in their history!".. refering -I think- to Norwoods SB kicked that could've used a little 'left'..

I realize it was Homervision, but they made Levy/Tasker look like Summeral/Madden!

I gotta get Sirius Radio!!

It would be nice if after one of these preseason games, in the past umpteen years, we could have meaningless, unbridled enthusiasm, instead of game in, game out - year in, year out of having to excuse yet another listless performance.

Had the Bills been in the NFC for the past 8 years they would have made the playoffs at least twice.....so it's not a fair comparison. Making the playoffs as an 8-8, 9-7 team playing in a weaker division is simply easier to be a playoff team. So let's be fair.

Untold billions of dollars get extracted from the general population under pain of ruin and incarceration. It's always a good day in DC.

:huh:

Redskins made the playoffs in 2005 and again in 2007.

Bills haven't sniffed the playoffs in a decade.

Do the math.

As Ray pointed out ...

When you are in the lousy NFC where 7-9 can get you a WC, then the Bills could have qualified.

thanks for thinking before replying.

There is plenty of reason for both teams fans to be excited. Bills defense will be much improved, offense has a huge wideout now, Lynch is a monster......Skins have a solid WR core a nice RB, a solid D.......No reason why both teams fans cant be a little excited.

Granted Buffalo may have not looked sharp right off the bat, but man, I dont ever recall a season I was this excited. This includes the season we got Bledsoe!

The broadcast on NFL network came straight from the Redskins. Patrick and Theisman were an abomination! -is that redundant? :lol:

Never thought I'd see the day Theisman would be out-homered regarding the 'Skins, but it happened!! Hamden was in his third series before they even noticed he was on the field. When Lindell missed the tying FG, Patrick said "they've heard 'Wide Left' in Buffalo many times in their history!".. refering -I think- to Norwoods SB kicked that could've used a little 'left'..

I realize it was Homervision, but they made Levy/Tasker look like Summeral/Madden!

I gotta get Sirius Radio!!

I thought it was worse that that. The Redskins announcers would cut to the sideline announcers to interview Redskin players while the Bills had the ball. I don't mind Theisman yapping away about how great the skins are, but have the courtesy to show the game. The NFL network really ruined the game with all the interviewing and commercial breaks. They timed it so well that we missed an entire set series because of inappropriate commercials and stupid interviews. Somebody needs to put a sock in Theisman's mouth. He is just annoying.

Perhaps the dumb blond sideline announcer might learn to talk to, or at the very least spit the gum out of her mouth first. :wallbash:

Perhaps the dumb blond sideline announcer might learn to talk to, or at the very least spit the gum out of her mouth first. :wallbash:

Speaking of the dumb blond reporter, did anyone else notice that she was about a foot taller than London Fletcher? :lol: