Someone please explain the Roscoe Parrish lovefest

Adam

All I hear is about how we need to get him the ball more, and how great he is and how he can build a rocket.....this and that

He is one of the best punt returners in the league- there is no arguing that. He is very fast and there is no arguing that.

He is tiny. He tries to make all these athletic moves and it rarely works. He has below average hands. He is not a route runner, much less a good one- and when he tries, he rounds off his cuts instead of making sharp cuts to get open.

All of this is one of the main reasons he was an underachiever at Miami and continues to be an underachiever.

His play if going to hurt Edwards' development- and could make him hold the ball too long and get hurt, you can count on that

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Adam, I'll try to explain it to you:

First, he's just plain ol' darn cute running around out there...like a chipmunk...who doesn't like chipmunks? Of course, I have a cat that catches them all the time...but I'm pretty sure Roscoe could survive an attack from my cat.

Then there's the David and Goliath angle...everyone loves to root for the little guy to rise again after a collision with a monster defender. When that happens it kind of reaffirms your faith in God.

Finally, there's precedence for his kind of player on the Bills...Doug Flutie, remember Doug Flutie? Roscoe is a latter day Doug Flutie.

:D

yeah, saturday night they were all ga ga over him and than showed his stats from last year, 325 yards with one touchdown, hope they aren't paying him very much. I was never sure why they used such a high draft pick on him in the first place

I'll try too, Adam. He is threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. True, his routes are not precise. But he's capable of the occasional GREAT catch and in the open field, he has moves and blurring speed. We haven't had many long distance threats in recent memory but he's one and would be coveted by all other 31 teams.

Utilized correctly, he's an important piece to the offense.

He tries to make all these athletic moves and it rarely works.

:D

He has below average hands.

:D :D

He is not a route runner, much less a good one- and when he tries, he rounds off his cuts instead of making sharp cuts to get open.

:D:lol: :lol:

His play if going to hurt Edwards' development- and could make him hold the ball too long and get hurt, you can count on that

:D:D:D:D

All I hear is about how we need to get him the ball more, and how great he is and how he can build a rocket.....this and that

He is one of the best punt returners in the league- there is no arguing that. He is very fast and there is no arguing that.

He is tiny. He tries to make all these athletic moves and it rarely works. He has below average hands. He is not a route runner, much less a good one- and when he tries, he rounds off his cuts instead of making sharp cuts to get open.

All of this is one of the main reasons he was an underachiever at Miami and continues to be an underachiever.

Who would like to have one of the best punt returners in the league??? :D

Roscoe doesn't have any hands? You gotta be joking, right?

you can count on that

Really. I thought the only thing you could count on is death, taxes and TSW negativity.

If Roscoe does nothing more than return punts, he's a huge weapon. If the new offense puts him in better position to offset his size disadvantage and emphasize his RAC, he'll be even more valuable.

Wow. Explain to me how exactly Roscoe is going to hurt Edwards' development.

Let me guess - you aren't a fan of JP?

I never wanted JP taken out- he wasn't given the opportunities that people keep mentioning. He was put in prematurely on with a joke of a supporting cast. Same for Edwards.

He'll hurt Edwards by running terrible routes, not getting open and causing sacks and turnovers by doing that.

Put me in the camp for getting him the ball more. He's electric. Turk wants an offense based on YAC and that is something Roscoe does very well.

Well, you have to get the ball first. Exactly how many catches do you expect out of him?

Who would like to have one of the best punt returners in the league??? :D

Roscoe doesn't have any hands? You gotta be joking, right?

I have no problem with him as a punt returner- he is good at that

So I guess Wes Welker's 10.5 average was dogfood too... :D

The two are not comparable. Welker is one of the best route runners in the league- he provides an outlet for Brady to get rid of the ball when nobody else gets open. He was as respoobsible for their 16-0 regular season as much as anyone.

Roscoe just tries to run until he's open, which doesn't work in the NFL. He doesn't provide that outlet. He can look good once he gets the ball, which isn't often. Maybe his fans should start looking at him as the reason he doesn't get the ball, instead of looking at the coaches. If Rob Johnson was as coddled by his fans as this guy...........