RIP Isaac Hayes

Bmwolf21

Isaac Hayes, the pioneering singer, songwriter and musician whose relentless "Theme From Shaft" won Academy and Grammy awards, has been found dead at home. He was 65.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office says a family member found Hayes unresponsive near a treadmill on Sunday. He was pronounced dead about an hour later at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis. The cause of death was not immediately known.

LINK

RIP, Chef.

how can you be "found dead at home" and then "pronounced dead about an hour later at Baptist East Hospital...."

Isaac Hayes, the pioneering singer, songwriter and musician whose relentless "Theme From Shaft" won Academy and Grammy awards, has been found dead at home. He was 65.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office says a family member found Hayes unresponsive near a treadmill on Sunday. He was pronounced dead about an hour later at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis. The cause of death was not immediately known.

LINK

RIP, Chef.

how can you be "found dead at home" and then "pronounced dead about an hour later at Baptist East Hospital...."

I think (and I'm just taking a stab at this) that only a doctor (or medical professional) can "pronounce" you dead. I'm guessing he had no vitals at home (dead) but not for long enough for them not to attempt recovery.

Just a guess, but either way, RIP.

I think (and I'm just taking a stab at this) that only a doctor (or medical professional) can "pronounce" you dead. I'm guessing he had no vitals at home (dead) but not for long enough for them not to attempt recovery.

Just a guess, but either way, RIP.

You're probably right. I think Dennis Miller once said that the only time you're ever 'pronounced' anything is "Man and Wife" & "Dead on Arrival". Take from that what you will.

Anyway, he's in Xenu's hands now.

This is sad. He was an interesting guy.

He was dead when they found him and deader an hour later.

You're probably right. I think Dennis Miller once said that the only time you're ever 'pronounced' anything is "Man and Wife" & "Dead on Arrival". Take from that what you will.

Anyway, he's in Xenu's hands now.

What happens when he gets into the afterlife and finds out Scientology is BS.

Linkage

After death: Rebirths continue until one consciously confronts all pre-birth, current life, and previous life traumas and realizes one's true nature as a "thetan," immortal spirit -- transcending matter, energy, space, and time. Achieving this state enables the spirit to escape the cycle of birth and death, to operate independently of the physical universe, and become one with God. Why evil? Painful experiences and harmful acts in one's pre-birth, current, and past lives become imprinted in the reactive mind and lead to irrational behavior. Departures from rational thought and untrue ideas ("aberrations") can result in wrongdoing.

Bernie Mac... Issac Hayes.... who completes the triplet?

According to this part of an article found on MSN

Hayes was about to begin work on a new album for Stax, the soul record label he helped build to legendary status. And he had recently finished work on a movie called "Soul Men" in which he played himself, starring Samuel L. Jackson and Bernie Mac, who died on Saturday.

I would say that Samual L. Jackson better take it easy for a few weeks and maybe go into hiding, stay away from anything dangerous......

The article - http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx/?n...2&GT1=28102

It was sad to see his relationship with South Park go so bad at the end, He was my favorite as Chef