Getting the Pre-Game Jitters Out

I know. I know. This is silly and has been discussed at great length already. I just can't help myself.

I was watching some footage from last year and I came to a startling realization: we have the most god-awful uniforms in professional sports. I mean honestly, what in the hell were we thinking making the move to this trash? They're low-rent, tacky and just plain amatuerish. They aren't fit for an arena league team. The worst part of it all is the fact that we get a glimpse of true uniform greatness every now and then; our throwbacks are nothing short of glorious.

I know there is an extensive process to changing the uniform, but maybe Goodell could show us some mercy and allow us to just change on the spot -- some sort of emergency intervention perhaps. Until then, I guess I'll just have to deal with the dry heaving when I see those ridiculous shoulder panels on our white kits.

Go Bills! The waiting is almost over!

Not even close to the worst uniforms in professional sports. Not even close to the worst uniforms in the NFL (Bengals, Titans, Chargers, Arizona, Falcons come to mind).

I don't even think that the throwbacks are that great. The super bowl era are without a doubt the best imo.

I know. I know. This is silly and has been discussed at great length already. I just can't help myself.

I was watching some footage from last year and I came to a startling realization: we have the most god-awful uniforms in professional sports. I mean honestly, what in the hell were we thinking making the move to this trash? They're low-rent, tacky and just plain amatuerish. They aren't fit for an arena league team. The worst part of it all is the fact that we get a glimpse of true uniform greatness every now and then; our throwbacks are nothing short of glorious.

I know there is an extensive process to changing the uniform, but maybe Goodell could show us some mercy and allow us to just change on the spot -- some sort of emergency intervention perhaps. Until then, I guess I'll just have to deal with the dry heaving when I see those ridiculous shoulder panels on our white kits.

Go Bills! The waiting is almost over!

I disagree...our own sabres have the worst uniforms in all professional sports. They are really embarassing. They are actually worse than those horizontal rainbow bars the astros used to wear circa JR Richard. The bengals are the worst uni's in the NFL.

Worst (in order of awfulness)

Titans - flaming thumbtack has to go, and the color is 2nd worst to Dolphags

Seahawks - Color change iced second place, and the logo is nightmare

Miami - 3rd worst logo, and the worst team colors.

Panthers - Cool helmet

Patriots - second worst logo in the NFL

Browns - Where's the Brown?

Falcons - should be a caged dog

49'ers - Worst logo?

J-E-T-S - Green, White. Whoah.

Bengals - If you're the Bengals, you have to have a striped helmet.

Fair:

Colts - a horseshoe?

Bills - out with the new, in with the old

Ravens-

Eagles-

Saints-

Lions-

Cardinals -

Bears - Unimaginative. But black.

Best (best first):

Texans - Great logo, great colors, and zippy uni

Green Bay - Bias from my youth. Only bad part is that green and school bus is not scary

Rams - The ramhorn is excellent

Jaguars - anything on black looks better, and a jaguar is sharp.

Dallas - A star is sort of cowboyish

Steelers - Why is the logo only on one side of the helmet?

Denver -like the stripe on the side of the pants

Buccaneers - beats the face with the knife in his mouth

Raiders - Silver and black is cool.

I disagree...our own sabres have the worst uniforms in all professional sports. They are really embarassing. They are actually worse than those horizontal rainbow bars the astros used to wear circa JR Richard. The bengals are the worst uni's in the NFL.

The slug is an awful abortion of a logo, and like the Bills, the white jerseys are pretty bad. (Although they would be much better if they would adopt an alternate-color slug for the whites - maybe a blue slug for the white jerseys, like the Laffs do with their maple leaf.)

The Sabres blues are pretty good (again, slug notwithstanding) and the third jerseys are supposed to be pretty cool this year - darker versions of the blue throwbacks.

But there is no way you can call them the worst uniforms in all of pro sports, and there is no way in hell they are worse than the Astros horizontal color scheme. Hell, they're not even the worst unis in the NHL - but they are bottom 5.

Any team that features orange, purple or teal as one of their primary colors is automatically under suspicion (I'll allow exceptions for the Browns, because they have a classic look, and the Jags, since they went with teal and black.)