demetrius bell

He is working with the second team already. This, coming from a guy who was drafted in the 7th round and had to work to make the roster. Has anyone seen him at camp? How does he look?

He's working with the 2nd team by default, seeing as how Peters isn't in camp. But I think he has potential, given his pedigree and rawness. He needs to add strength and experience.

He is working with the second team already. This, coming from a guy who was drafted in the 7th round and had to work to make the roster. Has anyone seen him at camp? How does he look?

I can't comment on how he's doing, but this makes me want to root for him.

He'll get a chance to stick around because he has athleticism, but he'll never have enough strength to be a starter. He just has WAY too long to go in that department.

Strength is the one thing you can add- of course you need a willing player and a smart strength coach it's not as easy as doing a few sets on the machines especially if nothing artificial is being used.

He's working with the 2nd team by default, seeing as how Peters isn't in camp. But I think he has potential, given his pedigree and rawness. He needs to add strength and experience.

Bell is working a lot harder to stay on the squad than Jason Peters. (Of course, so are the other 79 guys in camp).

I'm pullin' for Demetrius big time - he's making the best of every opportunity life presents him.

hasnt even played in a preseason game much less a regular season game yet and you're asking if he could he be a future stud

yeah that makes sense

thanks for the positive input Max. I'm not an idiot. Just posing an innocent questiob. Of course we'll see how he does when he actually plays in a game. Looking forward to more intellectual insight

Bell is working a lot harder to stay on the squad than Jason Peters. (Of course, so are the other 79 guys in camp).

I'm pullin' for Demetrius big time - he's making the best of every opportunity life presents him.

+1

peters before last year was a could be great, 2 years ago was a might start. i like him, but he's in overdraft in his karma bank account.

Peters ran a 4.83 at 336 before the draft, compare to Joe Thomas 4.93 at 313 - not saying Peters is better but he's not some kind of fluke- before the draft most publications had him as a 3rd-4th round pick- but no one wanted to take a chance on him to make the transition from TE to OT possibly because of his very low wonderlic score- consider the progression - game 1-11 practice squad 12-16 special teams where he does some amazing things including blocking a punt and running it back for a touchdown - season two back up RT until he takes over from Mike Williams- season 3 starting RT until he takes over LT from Mike Gandy- season 4 starting LT nominated to Probowl. Peters has only been playing LT for less than 2 years he got nominated to a Probowl and being from Buffalo you know that it has to be on merit not some type of media hype- and he still has upside

He'll get a chance to stick around because he has athleticism, but he'll never have enough strength to be a starter. He just has WAY too long to go in that department.

If your assessment is right: loads of athleticism, but low strength, I would disagree with him having no future in the league. You can't teach Athleticism, but you can teach technique (good coaches) and strength (weight room). If he can get stronger then we might see him get a chance.

Peters ran a 4.83 at 336 before the draft, compare to Joe Thomas 4.93 at 313 - not saying Peters is better but he's not some kind of fluke- before the draft most publications had him as a 3rd-4th round pick- but no one wanted to take a chance on him to make the transition from TE to OT possibly because of his very low wonderlic score- consider the progression - game 1-11 practice squad 12-16 special teams where he does some amazing things including blocking a punt and running it back for a touchdown - season two back up RT until he takes over from Mike Williams- season 3 starting RT until he takes over LT from Mike Gandy- season 4 starting LT nominated to Probowl. Peters has only been playing LT for less than 2 years he got nominated to a Probowl and being from Buffalo you know that it has to be on merit not some type of media hype- and he still has upside

I'm sure the wonderlic score might have been a turn off for some of the scouts but I rememeber by that time that some scouts were preoccupied with his weight and most important with his apparent lack of desire to be an NFL player.

The huddle report mentioned how bad his interviews were and how they thought he would not be drafted at all. They all agree the guy was a freak of nature, though.

Pretty sure he was a lot lighter than 336 at the combine, I thought he came into the league around 305 and has put on weight to get to 340.

I have no idea how Bell is doing, but his pathetic effort in the bench press at the combine doesn't mean he can't get better and in a hurry. Jared Allen put the bar up only about a dozen times at his combine showing and went on to become a quality player even as a rookie. Last year, he was arguably the best DE in the NFL.