What will you be looking for in tonight's game?

The PS opener will be a good test for the Bills. The Redskins have a game under their belt. A game in which they looked very sharp and disciplined. I'm psyched to see the '08 Bills in action. Some of the things I will focus on:

-- How does TE look in running the new O?

-- Does JP still look like an inaccurate asz clown and will he be outplayed by GH?

-- The DT play, how will Stroud, McCargo, and Spencer Johnson look?

-- How will Poz do coming off of his injury?

-- How will new additions James Hardy, Kawika Mitchell, and Xavier Omon look?

-- Who will be the diamond(s) in the rough that shine tonight? Possibly one of the 10 receivers that are in camp.

Anyway, 7:00 can't get here soon enough. What will you be looking for?

God, there is really a ton of stuff I'll be looking for this preason.....

1. Can't Wait to see Pos back in action, especially with the improvements in front of him.

2. Does the new D-Line actually hold up at the point of attack this year?

3. Youboty and Dwayne wright, will they step up or flame out?

4. Trent and Marshawn, year two........throw Marshawn the ball a little bit.

5. The playcalling minus Steve Fairchild :thumbsup:

6. James Hardy to go up and battle for some jump balls

7. Does Leodis get a few returns this preseason.....want to see if his return skills are as good as advertised and possibly better than T. McGee who is a stud in his own right.

8. Steve Johnson, is he the steal I think he is.

9. Reggie Corner is he the steal I think he is.

10. How does the O-line do without their best player on the field.

A strong positive contribution from Roscoe...I hope he gets some extra reps

Something, anything from the TE position

Hardy lookin like he mostly knows what he's doing

Some strong D-line play

LBs coming clean & making plays

God, there really a ton of stuff I'll be looking for this preason.....

1. Can't Wait to see Pos back in action, especially with the improvements in front of him.

2. Does the new D-Line actually hold up at the point of attack this year?

3. Youboty and Dwayne wright, will they step up or flame out?

4. Trent and Marshawn, year two........throw Marshawn the ball a little bit.

5. The playcalling minus Steve Fairchild :thumbsup:

6. James Hardy to go up and battle for some jump balls

7. Does Leodis get a few returns this preseason.....want to see if his return skills are as good as advertised and possibly better than T. McGee who is a stud in his own right.

8. Steve Johnson, is he the steal I think he is.

9. Reggie Corner is he the steal I think he is.

10. How does the O-line do without their best player on the field.

... I know, I could have just said "everything, but that would have made a pretty short thread.

2. We do have Poz and K Mitchell this year but A LOT of this team's potential is riding on Stouds ability to stay healthy and return to his old form.

4. A lot of drives were ended last year by incompletions to ML. They definitely need to improve on that.

5. That is simple addition by subtraction. :D

10. No doubt that Peters will be missed. Last year I thought that the O line was much better at pass protection than run blocking. I would like to see an improvement there.

And most importantly... NO INJURIES!

A strong positive contribution from Roscoe...I hope he gets some extra reps

Something, anything from the TE position

Hardy lookin like he mostly knows what he's doing

Some strong D-line play

LBs coming clean & making plays

Tight end ? I think I've heard of other teams still using that position. But as a Bills fan I'm not too sure that it really exists. :thumbsup:

I know that this is just vanilla time and some don't really care about the preseason because back in the early 90's we would lose all our pre-games and then come out storming during the regular season. But I truly hope to see progress offensively, moving the ball on third down is really the main thing that I would like to see the Bills accomplish. Just stay on the field longer. A couple of 7's rather than 3's would be nice as well.

On D I would simply like to see us have some decent rush defense. Remember last year at the Saints when they just kept gashing us in the first quarter of the first game? That was pretty telling for what the rest of the season was going to be like.

I am so pumped that live football is back and i cannot wait to see these things

1.Is Stroud the big man he once was and can he help our defense back to dominance?

2.Is Poz back to early last season form?

3.Is Hardy the big wideout we have wanted for so long or is he still lost?Can he be effective this year?

4.Is Trent really ready to lead us to the postseason?

5.Is Leodis really as good as advertised?

6.Are Stevie Johnson and Reggie Corner the steals of the draft as they have been looking good in camp?

7.Is our Oline horrible without Peters?

8.Is our Defense better?

9.Is our offense better?

10.Can we make it to the playoffs?

that is what i want to see tonight

I :thumbsup: know that this is just vanilla time and some don't really care about the preseason because back in the early 90's we would lose all our pre-games and then come out storming during the regular season. But I truly hope to see progress offensively, moving the ball on third down is really the main thing that I would like to see the Bills accomplish. Just stay on the field longer. A couple of 7's rather than 3's would be nice as well.

On D I would simply like to see us have some decent rush defense. Remember last year at the Saints when they just kept gashing us in the first quarter of the first game? That was pretty telling for what the rest of the season was going to be like.

I remember last preseason how terrible our offense/Losman looked and that everyone excused it to not opening the playbook up. I think we'll learn quite a bit about our offense tonite.

The one common theme that occured in the previous two preseasons that played out into the regular season (big time) was the bills piss poor defense... specifically... they couldn't get off the field... regardless of who they played and who was in on defense...yeah, even the first string... they repeatedly and consistently got dinged for 12-18 play drives... and that happened in all 8 preseason games over the previous 2 preseasons.

That said... if that happens again tonight... especially considering the aquisiton of Stroud, Johnson, & Mitchell, plus a more experienced Poz.... you can mail it in, pretty much... unless other teams have a lot of injuries... the bills ain't making the playoffs.

The Bills D must make a quantum leap... if not, Ralph will order Jauron to dump Fewell... if he doesn't lose his own job first.

Another common theme from last preseason - the starting O's total inability to move the ball or score points. JP, God love him, just couldn't keep a sustained drive going or convert anything into a TD. Whether that was all his fault, or part O-line, or part Fairchild, or all of the above, this season has to be different - our O needs to be able to sustain clock-burning drives and convert TDs when they're in the red zone. I'm hoping to see signs of that in the 10-12 snaps TE takes tonite.

The H-back/fullback position - Neufield added nothing as a pass catcher and his run blocking wasn't very good either- 25 catches and better run blocking might win us an extra game-

James Hardy - Josh Reed is adequate until the Bills are in the red zone then he's a liability - if Hardy could get 30 catches and 5 TDs that would be huge

Steve Johnson- like Josh Reed not a burner but 4 inches taller -does he have the stuff to hang on this year and push Reed out the door in a year or two?

D Bell- DEs have gotten smaller so do you really have to be 330+ to play LT? but Bells 10 reps at 225 is kind of shocking since Hardy did 18. I hope he's a hard worker in the weight room.

Mckelvin- The Bills had some pretty good Offensive linemen to chose from with their pick so I hope Mckelvin is pretty special.

Stroud- Friends who have seen him at camp are very impressed - I'd love to see the Bills winning battles at the line of scrimmage for a change.

McCargo continuing his upbeat play from the end of last year.

McKelvin/Greer competition (I think Greer has this one locked up)

JP most likely to light up the 2nd stringers

RB's making catches out of the backfield.

Langston Walker to be a beast so Peters gets his lazy ass into camp

TE Position

Front 7 as a whole

overall look of the new offense (how efficient will we be)

big STEVIE JOHNSON

4. A lot of drives were ended last year by incompletions to ML. They definitely need to improve on that.

I don't recall this. any proof? You can say a lot of drives were ended by his inability to convert on short runs though..