Bad news for the Bills

The last times the Bills played the Pats in the final game of the season:

December 28, 2003: Patriots 31-0 (Pats have home field wrapped up already)

I'll also throw in this gem:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=251211002

Good point, but I do remember the Pats were probably pretty motivated to avenge that 31-0 defeat the Bills game them in Week #1...they were looking for payback.

Again, doubtful that we will beat the Pats, but the Bills should be much better this year, and being at home, maybe bad weather, etc...maybe somehow we can eek out a W.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the Dolphins' QBs last year? For all his weaknesses, Pennington is a far better player than any of them.

We swept the Jets and Phins last year. While the Jets were a pretty weak team the Fish were horrible. Almost the first team to go winless. So the suck a$$ Jets give their QB to the even more suck a$$ Phins and now they are a threat. I'm not following your logic here. While I like Farve he is old. I think as someone mentioned earlier, is going to have a similar end to his career as Montana did. Maybe not as good because the Chiefs were a better team.

It's amazing how people instantly assume any castoff QB is suddenly the second coming of Johnny Unitas. Favre I'll grant you is an improvement, although I'm skeptical how much an improvement. Certainly no Super Bowl. But Pennington was a dud in NY. Why all of a sudden does he qualify for "major upgrade" status? I seem to recall the last time the Fins made a "major upgrade" at QB: Daunte Culpepper. How did that work out?

PTR

Who's calling Chadwick the second coming of No. 19 in hightops?

John Beck. Chad Henne. Josh McCown. Seriously? Pennington became the Dolphins' best quarterback the instant he autographed his contract. Doesn't mean he'll make people forget about Marino.

Who's calling Chadwick the second coming of No. 19 in hightops?

John Beck. Chad Henne. Josh McCown. Seriously? Pennington became the Dolphins' best quarterback the instant he autographed his contract. Doesn't mean he'll make people forget about Marino.

Chadwick may be a step up (barely) but I ain't quivering in my boots either.

PTR

Here is something that we have not factored in: The last game at home vs the Pats*, say the Pats have the division wrapped up (hopefully not)...it is NOT impossible to think the Bills might be able to steal that game.

It's very promising before the season starts to bank on NE running away with the division so they can rest their starters at the end of the season.

With all due respect, the Bills will need to earn a playoff spot, and that means winning at least 10 games during the regular season. Nothing is worse than getting close at the end of the year and hoping another team wins or loses to gain a playoff berth.

If after 2 seasons of rebuilding they can't get into the playoffs and need help getting in, it tells me a lot about where this team is going into the future.