(OT) Boston v. NY Game 6 Thread

millbank

My first thought is I'd start Wake too but then again, sinkerball pitchers are typically better when they are somewhat fatigued.

Kevin Brown for the Yankees tomorrow?   

The big advantage for NY however is that Rivera did not pitch tonight and Foulke did, how much will he have in the tank tomorrow?

76979[/snapback]

Things have changed

Its Derek Lowe for Red Sox and Kevin Brown for Yankee's

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns back has been causing him problems, if he can get loose he will be fine , he has been there before.

77383[/snapback]

True...Im not even sure if the starting pitchers are that relevant tonight....they both will be on short leashes, at least I imagine they will be.

Tom Gordon is the P that REALLY scares me

True...Im not even sure if the starting pitchers are that relevant tonight....they both will be on short leashes, at least I imagine they will be.

77389[/snapback]

I agree with that, they need find cure for whatever ails Gordon , he has been a gas can

very frustrating, he need just give one good innning , both teams will use there entire staffs however they are able.

Both teams are due for break out games offense wise

I agree with that, they need find cure for whatever ails Gordon , he has been a gas can

very frustrating, he need just give one good innning , both teams will use there entire staffs however they are able.

Both teams are due for break out games offense wise

77418[/snapback]

Wasn't Gordon a former Red Sox in the late 90's???

He may be a loser-by-association. Luckily, Boggs & Clemens were able to be converted,

I'm not sure about TG, especially after the game the other night.

Hopefully we won't need to use him.

77389[/snapback]

Say Brownie starts to implode...do you go to Vasquez (shakey) and save El Duque for possible extra innings, or do you send out El Duque and hope Vasquez and Loiza never see the mound.

Say Brownie starts to implode...do you go to Vasquez (shakey) and save El Duque for possible extra innings, or do you send out El Duque and hope Vasquez and Loiza never see the mound.

77445[/snapback]

Interesting thought.

Id say go with El Duqe and then its all hands on deck....

Interesting thought.

Id say go with El Duqe and then its all hands on deck....

77454[/snapback]

Totally. Damn straight you go to the Duke. This could come down to who blinks first. Francona's pen has issues, which is why he's got to go to Lowe on 2 days rest. I think he goes Lowe, then Wake, but when Tito panics will be key. Torre already has shown that he'll yank a starter early. If it's really tight, I say go with Duke. Herredia and Loiza shouldn't even bother putting on uniforms tonight.

Both teams seem to be playing around with the starting pitchers on Yankee's web site it says Lowe v Brown , but radio report are saying Torre has not said for sure and given that the Sox have taken their decision off the board .

Both teams playing games .

To bad Yankees didnt find a way to get Randy Johnson :devil:

Yankees are on the verge of the greatest collapse in baseball history.  Definitely the greatest implosion in a generation.

77584[/snapback]

Indeed they are.

I am a Yankee fan and it's been hard to watch...what's even harder is all my friends are Redsox fans (since i used to live there lol). So either way I am screwed. If the Yanks win tonight, I will catch flack for allowing the Redsox to force a game 7. If they lose tonight I will catch even more flack for the biggest choke in history.

My phone hasn't stopped ringing all day. But, hey, that's what this rivalry is all about right? The games are supposed to be fun, and when the ribbing is good natured, it's fun. When it degenerates into bickering and fans on both sides taking it to another level it loses some of it's luster.

I was glad that last night's thread was all in good humor (on both sides). And I am glad T-Bone made his posts today. That's fine, he has every right to celebrate. And he is good natured about it, so it's all good.

I am just looking foward to a fun game tonight. And if the Sox win, it will complete possibly the greatest comeback in sports history. Their fans will have every right to celebrate. But I will still be a Yankee fan tomorrow regardless ;)

Yanks bats are gonna come alive tonight.  I expect huge days from Arod, Hideki and Chef.  Thats my prediciton and I am sticking to it!  Keep the line moving Yanks! 

Go Yanks!

77952[/snapback]

Pete, I hope to God you are right.

Goodness, can you imagine what Big George will do if the Yanks lose? Is it possible that Torre could be shown the door ;) ?????