(OT) Boston v. NY Game 6 Thread

millbank

My first thought is I'd start Wake too but then again, sinkerball pitchers are typically better when they are somewhat fatigued.

Kevin Brown for the Yankees tomorrow?

The big advantage for NY however is that Rivera did not pitch tonight and Foulke did, how much will he have in the tank tomorrow?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps.  i'm not canadian, but there are a hell of a lot of folks on this message board who carelessly throw out insults at our northern neighbors.

76971[/snapback]

As someone who has relatives in Canada, most of the insults crossing the border are southbound.

Of course, most Americans don't care enough to notice.

Congrats SOX - but I really don't think God had anything to do with it.  what is that weird song in the background in the stadium?

76973[/snapback]

Liza Minelli singing "New York, New York!"

The Sox have made history tonight.  Before tonight, no team had ever gone down 0-3 in the playoffs and forced a Game 7.

Tomorrow, more history can be written.

76975[/snapback]

No one's gonna care if they lose, though TH. Interesting game tonight. I think Torre bagged it in the 7th and left it up to the bats. Tito panic'ed a little and brought in the defensive replacements and Arroyo/Foulke. Should be a good one tomorrow.

No one's gonna care if they lose, though TH.  Interesting game tonight.  I think Torre bagged it in the 7th and left it up to the bats.  Tito panic'ed a little and brought in the defensive replacements and Arroyo/Foulke.  Should be a good one tomorrow.

76982[/snapback]

The Defensive replacements (Mientkiewicz, Reese and Kapler) usually come in late in the game. Arroyo was the only "panic" move I could think of but that was because Schilling was fried and the rest of the bullpen had virtually nothing.

perhaps.  i'm not canadian, but there are a hell of a lot of folks on this message board who carelessly throw out insults at our northern neighbors.

76971[/snapback]

agree.

by the way...

JANKEES SUCK!! :lol: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

mm. that felt good. and i don't even like baseball...

The Defensive replacements (Mientkiewicz, Reese and Kapler) usually come in late in the game.    Arroyo was the only "panic" move I could think of but that was because Schilling was fried and the rest of the bullpen had virtually nothing.

76985[/snapback]

not a panic move at all. francona said they were thinking about pulling schilling after 5 innings, and when he came off the mound at the end of the 7th it was obvious "he was done."

too much analysis if you ask me. great game by the sox. on to game 7.

God I feel so weird at Brockport as a Blue Jay fan from Buffalo. the yankee fans always rub it in on me, where the sox fans are usually kind and sympathic/empathetic... main reason why i am rootin for the sox... that and steinbrenner spending much more than the rest of the league can afford (baseball needs a cap)

as i read just the last page of this thread i really have to wonder how it has become one more time a place for messages of hatred toward the canadians and the french... you're amazing people sometimes! anyway you're not gonna make me mad today. it's even better than the Houston game, cause it has lasted 3 days! I love you Red Sox!! I can't wait for tonight! and after this i'm not even nervous about what could happen cause even if we lose this 'd have been one hell of a fun season! Go Red Sox!

The New York Stankees are one loss away from the most embarrassing moment in sports history.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You can all root for the Astros tomorrow as hard as you want, but if NY loses tomorrow night you will feel far more pain then I will if St. Louis loses.

Who's your daddy now fools???

as i read just the last page of this thread i really have to wonder how it has become one more time a place for messages of hatred toward the canadians and the french...

Because the French and Canadians and even more, French Canadians have expressed nothing but love and respect and kind words for America and its citizenery both at home and around the world, right?

Please.

Because the French and Canadians and even more, French Canadians have expressed nothing but love and respect and kind words for America and its citizenery both at home and around the world, right?

Please.

77050[/snapback]

Yeah, that justifies it. :lol:

The New York Stankees are one loss away from the most embarrassing moment in sports history.

You can all root for the Astros tomorrow as hard as you want, but if NY loses tomorrow night you will feel far more pain then I will if St. Louis loses.

77025[/snapback]

yawn

77025[/snapback]

Another post that I laugh at...

You were CERTIAN St Louis was gonna win it all, and with ease...and I pray they go belly-up now, when is the last time St Louis did anything of significance? When MTV was ACTUALLY a Music station???

Another post that I laugh at...

You were CERTIAN St Louis was gonna win it all, and with ease...and I pray they go belly-up now, when is the last time St Louis did anything of significance?  When MTV was ACTUALLY a Music station???

77088[/snapback]

I think it was more recent then the last time a team forced a game 7 after being down 3-0..........

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please.

77050[/snapback]

Sweeping generalizations always do the world good.

Clap-clap-clap, once again.