Atta Boy Edwards!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things do change, like the 5 inches of height McCain's wife lost after she was mangled in a car wreck.

What a classy guy you are. :worthy::P

Is there anything you won't say or any situation you won't exploit to score political points? I'm sure if I was injured in a car crash, I'd love for someone to term me "mangled" decades later.

Ready to admit there aint much difference between the R and the D yet?

Maybe getting pu$$ywise...

I have always admitted that. Me? I take a cynical approach... No Dem has ever set my immediate family or myself back...

Sorry, I am selfish.

Again... Unless one can organize all the people to think differently... Americans usually like two choice. I don't though. But, if you believe you can change that structure... You are way more a dreamer than me... Have at it.

What a classy guy you are. :worthy::P

Is there anything you won't say or any situation you won't exploit to score political points? I'm sure if I was injured in a car crash, I'd love for someone to term me "mangled" decades later.

"On Christmas Eve 1969, while she was driving alone in Philadelphia, Carol McCain's car skidded and struck a utility pole. Thrown into the snow, she broke both legs, an arm and her pelvis. She was operated on a dozen times, and in the treatment she lost about 5 inches in height."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/na...61.story?page=2

I'm not insulting her by saying she was mangled, I'm just stating how severe her accident was. I'm sure someone saying that she was mangled in a car wreck on a message board isn't as painful to Carol McCain as the man who she stuck by for over 5 years while he was a POW cheating on her and then abandoning her for a 24 year old. That's how McCain repays loyalty!

McCain and Edwards are both scumbags.

"On Christmas Eve 1969, while she was driving alone in Philadelphia, Carol McCain's car skidded and struck a utility pole. Thrown into the snow, she broke both legs, an arm and her pelvis. She was operated on a dozen times, and in the treatment she lost about 5 inches in height."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/na...61.story?page=2

I'm not insulting her by saying she was mangled, I'm just stating how severe her accident was. I'm sure someone saying that she was mangled in a car wreck on a message board isn't as painful to Carol McCain as the man who she stuck by for over 5 years while he was a POW cheating on her and then abandoning her for a 24 year old. That's how McCain repays loyalty!

McCain and Edwards are both scumbags.

No doubt.

Cindy was on the pill...

"Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days."

:worthy:

Maybe getting pu$$ywise...

I have always admitted that. Me? I take a cynical approach... No Dem has ever set my immediate family or myself back...

Sorry, I am selfish.

Sure they have, you just don't realize it because the effects weren't happening directly to you.

Again... Unless one can organize all the people to think differently... Americans usually like two choice. I don't though. But, if you believe you can change that structure... You are way more a dreamer than me... Have at it.

Gotta start somewhere. You've got a choice to be part of the problem or part of an eventual solution.

Describing another human being as "mangled" is an insult whether you understand that or not.

Not having the decency to understand that a marraige can fall apart when two spouses are forced apart for over 5 years (during which time he is tortured in the jungle for 5 years and she is in a severe accident) is fairly pathetic too. Coming back from war and readjusting to normal life is hard even when you're not a former POW. Try to come up with the hardest thing you've ever overcome in your life and tell me if that even comes close to what McCain and his wife went through. Marraiges fall apart under way less strain than that.

Leaving your wife is never a good thing and I hate this part of McCain's bio, but exploiting this situation to make a point is just low.

Describing another human being as "mangled" is an insult whether you understand that or not.

It's not an insult, it's the truth. She was severely disfigured in the accident.

"Carol, his wife, had been in a disfiguring traffic accident in 1969, a development that McCain first heard about from an officer's offhand remark.

Like her husband, Carol was enduring a painful episode. On an icy Christmas Eve, she lost control of her car and crashed into a telephone pole. Authorities found her thrown from the wreckage, in shock and with serious injuries. Her legs were crunched, her arm and pelvis smashed and internal organs were bleeding. She almost died, and doctors discussed amputating her legs. It took months of operations, physical therapy and convalescence before Carol could walk without crutches.

"You might be upset when you see me," Carol warned him from Jacksonville in their first post-release telephone conversation.

McCain reassured her: "Well, you know, I don't look so good myself. It's fine."

According to McCain's account of Carol's recovery in Faith of My Fathers, she lost 4 inches off her height as a result of the accident and the related medical procedures.

In the book, McCain praised Carol's "determined spirit" and refusal to succumb to "despair and self-pity.""

Not having the decency to understand that a marraige can fall apart when two spouses are forced apart for over 5 years (during which time he is tortured in the jungle for 5 years and she is in a severe accident) is fairly pathetic too.

It didn't fall apart on her end! She lived up to her end of the bargain. Carol McCain was a model, she could have moved on while John was a POW and no one would have blamed her. She spent those years actively supporting the POW/MIA movement!!!

Coming back from war and readjusting to normal life is hard even when you're not a former POW. Try to come up with the hardest thing you've ever overcome in your life and tell me if that even comes close to what McCain and his wife went through. Marraiges fall apart under way less strain than that.

He ddn't cheat on her (at least that I know of) until 1980, 7 years after he was released. Seems like enough time to "readjust to normal life". In fact he was "readjusted" enough to serve as the US Navy's liaison to the Senate. Even McCain acknowledges that his personal failings not Vietnam caused his infidelities.

"But my marriage's collapse was attributable to my own selfishness and immaturity more than it was to Vietnam, and I cannot escape blame by pointing a finger at the war. The blame was entirely mine"

"Carol McCain was distraught at being blindsided by her husband's intention to end their marriage, said her friends in the Reagan circle.

"They [the Reagans] weren't happy with him," Fitzwater said. Carol McCain "was this little, frail person. . . . She was brokenhearted."

By that time, Nancy Reagan had come to Carol McCain's aid, hiring her as a press assistant in the 1980 presidential campaign.

When the Reagans moved to Washington, she was named director of the White House Visitors Office.

"Nancy Reagan was crazy about her," Reynolds said. "But everybody was crazy about Carol McCain. . . . And the Meeses were very generous and helpful and comforting to her.""

Leaving your wife is never a good thing and I hate this part of McCain's bio, but exploiting this situation to make a point is just low.

So it's low to point out a Republican's infidelity but pointing out a Democrat's infidelity is fair game??

Sure they have, you just don't realize it because the effects weren't happening directly to you.

Gotta start somewhere. You've got a choice to be part of the problem or part of an eventual solution.

For now... I just say phuck it and be part of the problem I guess... Oh, and cover my arse.

And I thought I was a dreamer.

So it's low to point out a Republican's infidelity but pointing out a Democrat's infidelity is fair game??

No, it's low to say he left her because she was "mangled." Or to imply at all that you know how or why their marriage fell apart.

Trying to score points screaming about how John McCain wasn't loyal to his "mangled" wife 30 years ago (while, at the same time, pretending to care about that "mangled" woman) is pathetic.

No, it's low to say he left her because she was "mangled." Or to imply at all that you know how or why their marriage fell apart.

Trying to score points screaming about how John McCain wasn't loyal to his "mangled" wife 30 years ago (while, at the same time, pretending to care about that "mangled" woman) is pathetic.

No, it's pathetic for you to act like McCain is any less of a scumbag than John Edwards.

No, it's pathetic for you to act like McCain is any less of a scumbag than John Edwards.

He's less of a scumbag because he didn't make a life for himself by chasing ambulances and promoting class warfare as a politician. McCain's personal life from 30 years ago is very ugly, but even that isn't as bad as the disaster Edwards made for himself while simultaneously trying to become President of the United Staes.

And, yeah, really sorry I had to point out that calling a woman "mangled" (and implying she was too "mangled" for her husband to stay with her) while pretending to care about her is low class.

He's less of a scumbag because he didn't make a life for himself by chasing ambulances and promoting class warfare as a politician. McCain's personal life from 30 years ago is very ugly, but even that isn't as bad as the disaster Edwards made for himself while simultaneously trying to become President of the United Staes.

And, yeah, really sorry I had to point out that calling a woman "mangled" (and implying she was too "mangled" for her husband to stay with her) while pretending to care about her is low class.

I'm sure that the fact that she was no longer physically attractive had nothing to do with McCain cheating on her with a hot 24 year old. Just a coincidence right?

I'm sure that the fact that she was no longer physically attractive had nothing to do with McCain cheating on her with a hot 24 year old. Just a coincidence right?

Not physically attractive? Oh, you mean "mangled" right?

No, I don't presume to know why John McCain's marriage fell apart. A lot of people stay together after the physical appeal is gone and a lot of people cheat even when their partner is very attractive. I don't know how much of a factor it was, let alone if it was *the* factor. It doesn't even matter; It's unappealing no matter how you look at it.

So I won't pretend to know exactly what happened 30 years ago and I wouldn't call other human beings "mangled." You do what you want, though. Anything to help the party.

Not physically attractive? Oh, you mean "mangled" right?

No, I don't presume to know why John McCain's marriage fell apart. A lot of people stay together after the physical appeal is gone and a lot of people cheat even when their partner is very attractive. I don't know how much of a factor it was, let alone if it was *the* factor. It doesn't even matter; It's unappealing no matter how you look at it.

So I won't pretend to know exactly what happened 30 years ago and I wouldn't call other human beings "mangled." You do what you want, though. Anything to help the party.

But you'll pretend to know exactly what happened with John Edwards?

But you'll pretend to know exactly what happened with John Edwards?

Oh really? Go ahead and find the post where I did that, smart guy. Find the specific posts where I give my thoughts on why Edwards did it and what his marriage was like. Or how he feels about his wife.

Take your time.

Not to mention that JMac himself was --- and still is --- "mangled."

JK2000, only the latest iteration of ellegantelliot, et al. The tags change, the arguments and posting styles remain the same. Dude goes through screen names here like babies go through diapers, and for the same reason.