Atta Boy Edwards!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week or 30 years ago?

Didn't you say "Here's the thing. If you profess or aspire to be a LEADER, then you MUST set the example. If you accept lack of character in someone's personal life as none of your business then shame on you for being so naive." How does cheating on a woman who was in a severe car accident in which she lost 5 inches of height after she was faithful to you the entire time you were a POW (with a 24 year old no less) make McCain a "leader" with "character" who can "set the example"?????? Who cares if it was 1980, he was 42 years old! This wasn't some youthful indiscretion.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/na...61.story?page=2

Are you really that much of an idiot? If you're a teacher, I'm concerned. Edwards was getting serious consideration from The Messiah as a running mate. If you're really unaware of this fact you're a bigger fool than you're posts suggest.

Depends on what you mean by serious consideration I guess. I suggest looking at the intrade prices of the John Edwards VP contract which peaked at 15.0. This puts him in the same tier as people like Jack Reed (12.0), Chuck Hagel (15.0), and Dick Gephart (12.0) while trailing the serious candidates like Tim Kaine (50.0), Evan Bayh (50.0), Katherine Sebelius (22.0), Joe Biden (20.2), and Hillary Clinton (33.0). He was never more than a second tier possibility.

More to the story and when/if it gets out, this will surely clean JE's clock. This whole affair is downright disappointing. This man had the stones to run for president after a fling he had to know would eventually reveal itself. He affected the course of the nomination and willfully put his party at risk (at least of getting its agenda derailed and at most of being blackmailed --- he was already arguably paying hush money for the woman's videos that I don't think his campaign really ever used) were he given the nod. But his association with a woman of Ms. Hunter's ilk is what's most appalling for someone of his stature --- New Age, yoga-practicing, tofu-munching, breezy bimbo airhead who would talk about people's 'cosmic energy/aura.' It's just flabbergasting that he let a person like this get into his circle, and it's really telling both of his judgment of people and his readiness to throw it all away for a fleeting desire (these last two points being two of the bigger faults of the GWB presidency vis-a-vis his initial trust in Putin as one example, and the gut instincts of wanting to take out Saddam that started the course toward all that has is Gulf War II). nd then bald-faced lying about it when he was caught red-handed. An Edwards candidacy or political appointment would have been ruinous for his party and for the country. That he was so callus to put both in jeopardy shows he cares about neither -- he just wanted to see "John Edwards" in big letters. It's funny how some here are defending him, when even JE's campaign head says he feels betrayed and humiliated.

It's not admissible, but a show did a segment where you watch his body language in the Nightline piece. When asked, he said sure he'd take a paternity test... while he's moving his head side to side to say "no." While he was being asked about the affair, one hand was gesticulating... his other hand was held closely shielding his nether regions. When the spoken message conflicts with the body language, trust the body language.

Lawyers’ Ties Hint at Extent of Hiding Edwards’s Affair

The revelations of ties among the lawyers emerged through public records and interviews with people close to Mr. Edwards and Ms. Hunter, which suggested that their affair went on longer than Mr. Edwards admitted and that the effort to conceal it by Mr. Edwards’s inner circle was much more extensive than has been reported.

Good post and spot on about the quality of his conquest. I too am bewildered that a rich, famous, powerful guy with all the resources he could want at his disposal couldn't find a woman to have a fling with that was not complete trash. Instead he hooks up with some kook who was dumb enough to get knocked up (or trashy enough to want to get knocked up)? Not to mention fuglier than hell.

As for the hush money, I don't think there's much argument about it aside from his lingering supporters' desperate attempts to deflect the truth (ahem...nozzlenut). $100,000 for a video that looks like an 11 year old produced it? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

But he has nice hair! [/NozzleNUT]

Seriously though, I was bashed awhile ago when I opined that I couldn't understand why a man with two young children and a wife dying of terminal cancer would still be running for President. That didn't sit right with me and I could see through the fake smile and felt that he was generally a bad actor.

We can disagree on how seriously he was being considered as The Messiah's running mate, but clearly he was still a power player in the party.

I truly feel sorry for Edwards wife and children that their Dad is a steaming turd...but at least he's got nice hair.

But he has nice hair! [/NozzleNUT]

Seriously though, I was bashed awhile ago when I opined that I couldn't understand why a man with two young children and a wife dying of terminal cancer would still be running for President. That didn't sit right with me and I could see through the fake smile and felt that he was generally a bad actor.

We can disagree on how seriously he was being considered as The Messiah's running mate, but clearly he was still a power player in the party.

I truly feel sorry for Edwards wife and children that their Dad is a steaming turd...but at least he's got nice hair.

Is McCain also a steaming turd?

Is McCain also a steaming turd?

No, he's a dried out, old turd. Which reminds me of a joke...

Q: What does NozzleNUT and dog poo have in common?

A: The older they are, the easier they are to pick up!

Good post and spot on about the quality of his conquest. I too am bewildered that a rich, famous, powerful guy with all the resources he could want at his disposal couldn't find a woman to have a fling with that was not complete trash. Instead he hooks up with some kook who was dumb enough to get knocked up (or trashy enough to want to get knocked up)? Not to mention fuglier than hell.

As for the hush money, I don't think there's much argument about it aside from his lingering supporters' desperate attempts to deflect the truth (ahem...nozzlenut). $100,000 for a video that looks like an 11 year old produced it? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

I have a close family member (and I choose not to say who) who is dealing with two terminal illnesses. It is amazing what dealing with that can do to the surrounding family. While I don't condone what Edwards did, it doesn't surprise me, nor do I condemn him for it. Watching a loved one fade away like that takes a lot out of you, and can lead you to some very bad decisions

I have a close family member (and I choose not to say who) who is dealing with two terminal illnesses. It is amazing what dealing with that can do to the surrounding family. While I don't condone what Edwards did, it doesn't surprise me, nor do I condemn him for it. Watching a loved one fade away like that takes a lot out of you, and can lead you to some very bad decisions

Bullshiit!! Thats complete Bullshiit. Watching a loved one fade away makes you make bad decisions?? I've had three family members die in my arms after having long terminal illnesses.

You're giving that scumbag a pass. And that's Bullshiit!! Matter of fact its making me sick.

Note: that's not my quote, it's KD's.

Doesn't surprise me either, especially for the type of people who go into Edwards' lines of work. I'd have a tough time condemning him for his actions --- I leave that for his family and friends who know him. But any amount of trust in him as a leader or modicum of respect people had for him is gone and won't be coming back, especially if/when this story plays out to the end. If the man doesn't honor the oath he took when he got married for a 10 second orgasm, can he be trusted to honor the oath to the Constitution w/o making similar moral trade-offs? My answer is a firm no.

Adam-you're kidding right? Are you seriously rationalizing that he had this affair because his wife is dying? I also have had immediate family members sick over time with terminal cancer, specifically my step mom who developed leukemia. You know what my Dad did? The right thing. He focused his life on her comfort and treatment for a year and a half until she passed. I have another family member who has pancreatic cancer and is slowly wilting away. His wife is doing the exact same thing.

With life being as short as it is why would you run for the highest office in the land when your (supposed) best friend in the world is suffering and dying? He's rich beyond comprehension, so he clearly doesn't need the money. Again, I know I am being very judgemental, but I have felt this guy was a worm since he came on the national scene. Don't ask me why, it was a gut feeling. But he has confirmed what I felt to be true. Please understand that I'm not gloating, I feel true sympathy for his family, that Elisabeth has to go through this in her last days.

I'll speak for self here and give you my example. I was assigned to Japan without my family for a year from 05-06. If you've never been there, the Japanese LOVE American's and had I allowed myself to, I could've easily found myself in a compromising situation. I had a 'libo' buddy with me the whole year who never left my side while we were out drinking. He pulled me out of the 'fire' as I did for him when things became sketchy. We both valued our families and wives and believed in honoring our commitments. I'm not sharing this to profess to be holier than thou, but to call BS on you weak azz rationalization.

I guess my value system is all screwed up though. I must not be 'new age' enough?

Bullshiit!! Thats complete Bullshiit. Watching a loved one fade away makes you make bad decisions?? I've had three family members die in my arms after having long terminal illnesses.

You're giving that scumbag a pass. And that's Bullshiit!! Matter of fact its making me sick.

I'm calling bullschit on that too

Elizabeth Edwards has been fighting breast cancer that had spread to her bones

My Mom also has been fighting breast cancer that spread to her bones and a couple other places. (btw, Elizabeth Edwards' glorious public struggle with Breast Cancer pales in comparison to my Mom's private struggle)

John Edwards went out and cheated

My Dad has been by my Mom's side the whole tiime

John Edwards is a selfish man. Plain and simple

Adam-you're kidding right? Are you seriously rationalizing that he had this affair because his wife is dying? I also have had immediate family members sick over time with terminal cancer, specifically my step mom who developed leukemia. You know what my Dad did? The right thing. He focused his life on her comfort and treatment for a year and a half until she passed. I have another family member who has pancreatic cancer and is slowly wilting away. His wife is doing the exact same thing.

You're mistaking me saying I can see how it can happen with justifying that it happened.

Why is this still an issue? It has nothing to do with Obama. Edwards has been vetted and found lacking, so he's no longer a consideration, if he ever was. That's what vetting is supposed to do. Now going forward it's a personal problem, unless and until he tries to run for public office.

Why are we consumed with the infidelity of a man whose presidential campaign has long been over while we excuse the infidelity of a candidate still in the race? Here's my favorite rationalization- He was a POW!

Why are we consumed with the infidelity of a man whose presidential campaign has long been over while we excuse the infidelity of a candidate still in the race? Here's my favorite rationalization- He was a POW!

While I don't know the whole story, they were apart for a long time- things change over time

While I don't know the whole story, they were apart for a long time- things change over time

Things do change, like the 5 inches of height McCain's wife lost after she was mangled in a car wreck.

Things do change, like the 5 inches of height McCain's wife lost after she was mangled in a car wreck.

Maybe that was the reason, maybe not. It doesn't interest me enough to find out. Not interested in reading about other celebrities either