Atta Boy Edwards!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your personal life, what level of "passing" would you give to a personal friend that has cheated on his wife?

Depends on the situation. Situation is a stronger determining factor in most things than the people it affects. Good people can do bad things, bad people can do good things.

Yes, except for the fact that he was running for President and potentially angling for a cabinet position should Obama win the election in November.

:D

Its over and done with. Why dig dirt on a guy now, when he wasn't a Veep candidate? Seems like an agenda to ruin the man's life.

Its over and done with. Why dig dirt on a guy now, when he wasn't a Veep candidate? Seems like an agenda to ruin the man's life.

Are you really that much of an idiot? If you're a teacher, I'm concerned. Edwards was getting serious consideration from The Messiah as a running mate. If you're really unaware of this fact you're a bigger fool than you're posts suggest.

I really don't want to insult you, but in post after post you display your ignorance. Your claim of being a moderate is laughable at best and probably deliberately false. Just come clean and declare who you are. It is ridiculous that soem here treat you with kid gloves because you are young.

Here's the thing. If you profess or aspire to be a LEADER, then you MUST set the example. If you accept lack of character in someone's personal life as none of your business then shame on you for being so naive. Edwards is a vain, power hungry POS in my book. I have felt this about him for some time, but this story confirms to me what I have suspected. If your wife is dying of terminal cancer and you have two young childeren at home why the fug run for President or politic for VP? We've beaten this dead horse in another thread awhile back where I was called various names for calling him out on this.

Bottom line. If you post ignorant schit expect to be called out on it. If you can't see that Edwards is a POS in the way he treated his dying wife than your a idiot to.

Are you really that much of an idiot? If you're a teacher, I'm concerned. Edwards was getting serious consideration from The Messiah as a running mate. If you're really unaware of this fact you're a bigger fool than you're posts suggest.

I really don't want to insult you, but in post after post you display your ignorance. Your claim of being a moderate is laughable at best and probably deliberately false. Just come clean and declare who you are. It is ridiculous that soem here treat you with kid gloves because you are young.

Here's the thing. If you profess or aspire to be a LEADER, then you MUST set the example. If you accept lack of character in someone's personal life as none of your business then shame on you for being so naive. Edwards is a vain, power hungry POS in my book. I have felt this about him for some time, but this story confirms to me what I have suspected. If your wife is dying of terminal cancer and you have two young childeren at home why the fug run for President or politic for VP? We've beaten this dead horse in another thread awhile back where I was called various names for calling him out on this.

Bottom line. If you post ignorant schit expect to be called out on it. If you can't see that Edwards is a POS in the way he treated his dying wife than your a idiot to.

Bottom line, he wasn't considered one, as he publicly stated that he had no interest in doing so, as he intended on taking care of his wife.

Edwards was getting serious consideration from The Messiah as a running mate. If you're really unaware of this fact you're a bigger fool than you're posts suggest.

According to whom? As someone who has followed this campaign all year long, since Obama pretty much clinched the nomination, I had yet to hear Edwards' name mentioned as a possible VP candidate at all. I've heard both Senators from Virginia mentioned, Richardson, Clinton, Bayh, the senator from Kansas whatever her name is, Biden, the republican Hagel, even Al Gore for chrissakes but no Edwards, unless you mean the congressman from Texas. Only recently have some in the corporate media come down with a case of revisionism and decided to tack Edwards name on the list to pump life into this inane story. This also ignores the fact that this is the media saying this...how in the world would you know what Obama was thinking in regard to his VP choice, let alone possible cabinet positions? Leave the suppositions to Rush, Fox and the Enquirer please.

Bottom line, he wasn't considered one, as he publicly stated that he had no interest in doing so, as he intended on taking care of his wife.

Yea sure there was never any mention of him being a VP candidate. I'm making it all up. :D And please spare me the BS line from Bishop Head (R Cow) that Rush and Hannity made this rumor up.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/08/08/america/edwards.php

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=710466

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080808/ap_on_.../edwards_affair

http://www.newser.com/article/d92epia00/ad...al-outcast.html

Those were just the first few article on a quick Google search. While I'm certainly not in The Messiah's inner circle, there had been talk of Edwards possibly being his running mate before this story broke.

A couple what if / hypotheticals that make me wonder how the scenarios would have played out:

What if....Edwards had won the Democratic Nomination?

Would the party stick with him or would the delegates defect and open the nomination to a floor vote?

What if...The story had broke before the primaries?

Edwards would likely have pulled out. His ~30% of the Iowa Caucus is up for grabs. Maybe enough of those votes go to Hillary so that she wins the Iowa Caucus and Obama doesn't get his jump start. Would Hillary have won the nomination?

Good job in not listening to a word AD just said. No one gives a rats ass about the plain and simple fact that he cheated on his wife. The bigger problem is, as AD said, is that high level officials have access to extremely sensitive information, and that creates a potential very tenuous situation that these guys can be put in. Lets try to simply this so maybe you can understand.

Government official X has access to sensitive information.

Government official X cheats on his wife with a girl/guy/animal/multiple of the aforementioned 3.

Government official X does not want affected parties (his wife) to find out.

Sketchy guy gets a hold of info that official X cheated.

Sketchy guy knows people who would like and pay real good money for sensitive information.

Sketchy guy tells official X that unless he gives him info, he'll leak info of the secret liaison to the press.

We now get to find out just how bad government official X does not want anyone to find out about the midget/bowling ball/gerbil escapade.

See the potential problem? Politicians simply cannot afford to put themselves into this position.

What? You mean the KGB's general gameplan for the entire time it existed? Or the CIA's for that matter? Nah, they never did those things and therefore we all have nothing to worry about. :lol: Government agencies don't routinely have their people take lie detector tests that consistently ask questions about infidelity, that's all made up. :lol: And, cheating of any kind isn't a court martial in the military, they just tell you that "they don't want to get too deep into your personal life". :huh: So, I suppose that these policies don't exist and that the government doesn't routinely screen people in sensitive jobs and/or watch them if they think something is up?

</sarcasm>

Once again, we see this guy talking about things he has no clue about. And, when confronted with evidence that blatantly contradicts his line of "reasoning", he cries about being insulted. Ok, dude, where's the insult here? All I'm doing is relaying what has happened in this thread.

I wonder if this thread qualifies as a "cripple fight" as well because it's not going the way justnzane pictured it = every other "moderate" agrees with him and we all make fun neo-cons. :P

Also, I wonder how many of the justnzane's here actually know what a neo-con is? Anybody wanna lay odds on whether that also gets added to the list of things justnzane knows nothing about, but makes definitive judgments about regardless?

What about the ignorant putz from Alaska? He is no leader either.

What's Alaska Darin got to do with this subject? :huh:

If you're referring to Sen. Stevens, then yes, I hope that, if convicted, he spends the rest of his days telling 'war stories' in a cell next to 'Duke' Cunningham. I can't stand corrupt politicians of ANY party.

But by the same token, he wasn't running for President nor was he lined up on his knees waiting to service the Messiah in the hopes of becoming his running mate.

Sen. 'Wide Stance' Craig is another one. That guy should be gone and back in the private sector so could get tips from George Michael on how to pick up dudes in park restrooms. Fug all of 'em.

But that doesn't make Edwards any less of a POS than he is...

Here's the thing. If you profess or aspire to be a LEADER, then you MUST set the example. If you accept lack of character in someone's personal life as none of your business then shame on you for being so naive.

So can we assume you will not be voting for McCain? He also cheated on his wife.