Atta Boy Edwards!

now this is the b.s. i am talking about, instead of attacking my message, you neo-cons attack me :thumbsup:

:D

Do some research buddy. Show me posts where I've identified myself as a neo-con (or conservative for that matter) or taken a neo-con stance

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could "care less" what they do in their personal time? These people have incredible power and influence and stuff like this is just ripe for blackmail.

This P.o.S. is getting EXACTLY what he deserves.

No I don't care what politicians or so-called celebrities do in their personal time- and YES, they do have personal time, which is NOT for public consumption. They have just as much right to privacy as we do. This is just as bad as the people who tried to derail McCain's campaign because of his failed marriage.

Since when do we expect our politicians to be any better than us- just like regular people, some are better than others.

:D

Do some research buddy. Show me posts where I've identified myself as a neo-con (or conservative for that matter) or taken a neo-con stance

Leave him alone. He's a "moderate with some conservative stances" who hates it when people pidgeon-hole or stereotype.

:thumbsup:

No I don't care what politicians or so-called celebrities do in their personal time- and YES, they do have personal time, which is NOT for public consumption. They have just as much right to privacy as we do. This is just as bad as the people who tried to derail McCain's campaign because of his failed marriage.

Since when do we expect our politicians to be any better than us- just like regular people, some are better than others.

That's nice, but you ignored his point. Do they or do they not put themselves in a position to be blackmailed by engaging in such behavior?

And why on earth would we not expect our politicians to be better than us? We are putting enormous trust in them and granting them enormous power. I for one think that responsibility should come with some expectation of higher personal standards than the average Joe.

McCain has a history of infidelity, Edwards didn't. Just like all the stories in the past few years of Bill Clinton having affairs since leaving the White House, which were reported as rumors but never proven. Once you're known as a cheater, people are more likely to believe and publish rumors without proof. It's not fair, but it occurs to politicians from both parties.

So...John McCain is a known serial cheater and Bill Clinton and John Edwards are not (you know, despite the fact that McCain is the only one of the 3 who hasn't publically admitted an affair in the past 10 years). Don't hurt yourself bumping into anything with those blinders on. :thumbsup:

And that is what's wrong with our country when people have no problem with a politician that lies and shows poor judgement. And a politician that is running for the most powerful position in the world.

Really, what is there to research on this specific topic? The wife is on her way out, so let her die in peace and solitude. It's just common decency at this point.

Can you link a story stating that she is going to die? Or do you just assume that since she has breast cancer she's about to check out?

On a personal note, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer about 2 years ago and told she had 6 months to live. Mom didn't give up 2 years ago and she beat it.

A couple weeks ago some new tumors were found on her bones. Just like the last time she won't give up, and she'll beat it again

So do everyone a favor and spare us the boo-hoo John Edwards' wife has cancer so lay off sob story

Really, what is there to research on this specific topic? The wife is on her way out, so let her die in peace and solitude. It's just common decency at this point.

If you would have done the research you would have known, wouldn't you?

- The story broke in the National Enquirer, not Fox News.

- The story broke in October, before the primaries.

- It was the Democrats who were forcing him to publicly respond to allegations, which led to the MSM picking up the story.

And why on earth would we not expect our politicians to be better than us? We are putting enormous trust in them and granting them enormous power. I for one think that responsibility should come with some expectation of higher personal standards than the average Joe.

Just wanted to reiterate this point. Also, politicians aren't just like the common man, you have to have a ton of ambition to run for office.

If you would have done the research you would have known, wouldn't you?

- The story broke in the National Enquirer, not Fox News.

- The story broke in October, before the primaries.

- It was the Democrats who were forcing him to publicly respond to allegations, which led to the MSM picking up the story.

from what i understood, she is not doing all that well (i mean in relation to progress against the cancer). There is a time to dig dirt on a guy, and now isn't the time. Yes, the Dems are being douches about it by forcing him to talk about, but that still doesn't absolve the two media sources that kept digging at something at a poor time. To tie in slash's response, if the woman makes a full recovery, then you can start digging and prying at this story, but exposing her to the media is a very cowardly move by all media outlets.

That's nice, but you ignored his point. Do they or do they not put themselves in a position to be blackmailed by engaging in such behavior?

There lies the problem- many do not hold themselves to any standard, then they point the finger at those in positions of power. If its good enough for us, its good enough for them. If they shouldn't be doing it, neither should we- if our society cleans itself, up they people reaching seats of power will already be clean and won't be put in positions to be blackmailed.

In the case stated- they should come clean and not allow themselves to be blackmailed. Other than that, their private lives are not for public consumption any more than mine is.

from what i understood, she is not doing all that well (i mean in relation to progress against the cancer). There is a time to dig dirt on a guy, and now isn't the time. Yes, the Dems are being douches about it by forcing him to talk about, but that still doesn't absolve the two media sources that kept digging at something at a poor time. To tie in slash's response, if the woman makes a full recovery, then you can start digging and prying at this story, but exposing her to the media is a very cowardly move by all media outlets.

Just FYI, there are more than 2 "media outlets" in the industry.

Just FYI, there are more than 2 "media outlets" in the industry.

Really? :thumbsup: The two i was referring to are the National Enquirer and FOX News. and every media outlet should be ashamed to follow NE's and FOX's lead on this story.

lol, cept they didn't

O Rlly?

Way to cheat on your dying wife, and Kudos to Fox News and the Enquirer for sticking with the story unlike the liberal media.

The Edwards are supposed to give a statement soon, think they'll come out in the "Spitzer pose"?

and every media outlet is covering it now.

Yup - ask yourself why they are covering it now, and it should be pretty apparent

Well yeah, but I still don't support it though. The point is that the personal life should be respected, especially when situations are as morose the Edwards family is dealing with.

In the case stated- they should come clean and not allow themselves to be blackmailed. Other than that, their private lives are not for public consumption any more than mine is.

Uh, yeah it is. Those people have security clearances and access to extremely sensitive classified information. Their backgrounds are completely vetted (financial, personal, contacts, mental, etc) and they are briefed that the kind of behavior that Mr. Edwards engaged in is a bigtime no-no.

You're incredibly naive.

Uh, yeah it is. Those people have security clearances and access to extremely sensitive classified information. Their backgrounds are completely vetted (financial, personal, contacts, mental, etc) and they are briefed that the kind of behavior that Mr. Edwards engaged in is a bigtime no-no.

You're incredibly naive.

I don't buy into this moral value baloney. I can give a rat's arse if he has extramarital affairs, the real question is does he do his job voting for his constituents? If the answer is yes, then I don't see the problem. After all, its not like he was banging a hooker or killed someone while drunk driving.