Atta Boy Edwards!

Way to cheat on your dying wife, and Kudos to Fox News and the Enquirer for sticking with the story unlike the liberal media.

The Edwards are supposed to give a statement soon, think they'll come out in the "Spitzer pose"?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Elizabeth is dusting off the pearls and powder blue dress? Be nice if she told him to f*$k off instead of playing the typical 'supportive wife' role.

Can't wait to read the NY Times rip Edwards apart for paying his mistress six figures in hush money. Oh, wait.... :lol:

:lol::wallbash:

I'm really glad we delve into the personal lives of politicians so much. Hey- I didn't hear a name, but I hear one of our wonderful politicians who voted for the wiretapping is upset because he went to the Olympics and the Chinese government can monitor what he looks at online.

:lol::wallbash:

I'm really glad we delve into the personal lives of politicians so much. Hey- I didn't hear a name, but I hear one of our wonderful politicians who voted for the wiretapping is upset because he went to the Olympics and the Chinese government can monitor what he looks at online.

And that has to do with the Presidential and VP candidate banging a reporter while his wife is dying of cancer how?

LOVE IT! Hannity and Colmes has the Editor of National Enquirer on who just said (and I'm paraphrasing) "The NY Times published that story on McCain having an affair that had no backup and I would have been fired for trying to publish, yet they gave Edwards a pass on this story and ignored it."

Even Colmes isn't arguing for Edwards, saying there's probably more to the story (ie: the kid.)

Thank god for Fox News.

And that has to do with the Presidential and VP candidate banging a reporter while his wife is dying of cancer how?

LOVE IT! Hannity and Colmes has the Editor of National Enquirer on who just said (and I'm paraphrasing) "The NY Times published that story on McCain having an affair that had no backup and I would have been fired for trying to publish, yet they gave Edwards a pass on this story and ignored it."

Even Colmes isn't arguing for Edwards, saying there's probably more to the story (ie: the kid.)

Thank god for Fox News.

The National Enquirer of TV. Wow, the politicians are just like everyone else. Maybe they can delve into the lifestyles of my neighbors. This is stupid, I couldn't care less about what McCain and Edwards do in their personal time.

The National Enquirer of TV. Wow, the politicians are just like everyone else. Maybe they can delve into the lifestyles of my neighbors. This is stupid, I couldn't care less about what McCain and Edwards do in their personal time.

Given your concern about pandering, tell me how much you do care that a major "news" outlet like the NY Times would fabricate an adultery story about one candidate while simultaneously refusing to report on a real affair of another candidate, strictly based on the political opinions of the candidates?

Given your concern about pandering, tell me how much you do care that a major "news" outlet like the NY Times would fabricate an adultery story about one candidate while simultaneously refusing to report on a real affair of another candidate, strictly based on the political opinions of the candidates?

I think its stupid and a horrible use of their influence.

But...but...but...they're racist! Colbert and some rapper proved it!

/justnidiot

now this is the b.s. i am talking about, instead of attacking my message, you neo-cons attack me :lol:. now I do not support Edwards cheating on his wife, but Jesus Christ the poor woman is on her deathbed. Maybe some things are better left unsaid, instead of being dragged thru the media. Fox News at the very least should have waited until the poor woman died before airing the story, just out of courtesy of the woman's pain as it is. I think this is a rather Bush League move on Fox News' part.

now this is the b.s. i am talking about, instead of attacking my message, you neo-cons attack me :lol:. now I do not support Edwards cheating on his wife, but Jesus Christ the poor woman is on her deathbed. Maybe some things are better left unsaid, instead of being dragged thru the media. Fox News at the very least should have waited until the poor woman died before airing the story, just out of courtesy of the woman's pain as it is. I think this is a rather Bush League move on Fox News' part.

Was it Fox that "broke" the story? After Edward's bald-faced lying to the press, what news outlet wouldn't run the story?

Did you miss the lengthy coverage throughout the day by the neo-libs on CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and CBS? I saw Wolf Blitzer on CNN yesterday afternoon ask a GOP stratagist, and Clinton attack dog Paul Begala about it.

The Republican said how sad for Edwards' wife, and how it further erodes people's opinion of politicians. Begala started a rant... "It's done all over society! Clergy! Edwards didn't start a war! Edwards didn't torture anybody!

You know this MIGHT have meant something had it been revealed like half a year ago but as it stands know it clearly resides in the who gives a damp fart catagory. I mean it isn't like the republican candidate for president having a romantic liason for years with a telecommunications lobbyist is it? Edwards dropped out of the race awhile ago, wasn't being remotely considered for the VP spot so what's the point now. Not being much of a fan of Edwards (I liked him even less than Hillary) I'm disappointed and upset over the potential damage he could have caused for the party and the continuation of a republicon nation but that didn't happen so who cares.

But if it gives the republicon crew here the opportunity to toot the horn of their media favorites (Rush Limbaugh, Fox News and the National Enquirer) then bully for them. It's not like they have much to cheer about now anyways.

Was it Fox that "broke" the story? After Edward's bald-faced lying to the press, what news outlet wouldn't run the story?

Did you miss the lengthy coverage throughout the day by the neo-libs on CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and CBS? I saw Wolf Blitzer on CNN yesterday afternoon ask a GOP stratagist, and Clinton attack dog Paul Begala about it.

The Republican said how sad for Edwards' wife, and how it further erodes people's opinion of politicians. Begala started a rant... "It's done all over society! Clergy! Edwards didn't start a war! Edwards didn't torture anybody!

Of course he is going to lie :thumbsup:. Anyone who has been exposed as a cheater, wouldn't want to have the truth come out.

Now I was going of the impression from the first post that Fox News was the one that broke it. Now I bet after the story was broken every other network had to tag in. However, there should have been some journalistic integrity from whoever that broke the story. Now if the story was being exposed in January, I'd give kudos to the network for exposing the story. However, there was nothing to gain by breaking the story other than watching others' misery.

The National Enquirer broke the story, and Fox News carried it for the last few weeks when the other major media sources did not. Edwards admitted the affair to ABC because of the pressure from the Enquirer and Fox News. Not many people take the NE very seriously, so you have to give credit to FN for backing them up and keeping the story in the headlines over the last few weeks.

This article kills me from MSNBC/AP, saying the mainstream media didn't report it earlier because they couldn't prove it. Oh yeah? Then why wasn't the same standard held when it came to the NY Times publishing the story on McCain's non existing affair?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26099046/

I'm not entirely convinced that this viewpoint is correct. I'm not sure that we'll ever have enough information to know what the real story is behind the MSM not reporting it.

This broke in the National Enquirer, a magazine tabloid that has even less journalistic standards than our good friends in the MSM. Hell, the NE was wrong about part the whole child part of it if we are to believe Edwards. I'm sure the tendency in the MSM is to dismiss reports coming out of tabloid sources, especially when you have other, much cheaper stories to write about (hey look, Obama today spoke in an elegant manner, that increased he elegantability by .1%!)

Seems like the best Fox News could do with it is place one person confirming that Edwards went to the hotel where she was all of one time (while also saying he didn't actually recognize Edwards, but said he thinks it had to be Edwards), and the Observer reported that the birth certificate had no father listed. Quite a lack of evidence for the allegations.

One side effect of everyone complaining about the MSM not picking it up could be, ironically, to lower journalistic standards and get the news out faster, which just about everyone on here rails against.

now this is the b.s. i am talking about, instead of attacking my message, you neo-cons attack me :thumbsup:.

lol, B word about people calling you a liberal, and then label other people neo-cons. :D

You mean politicians responded based on what their party's involvement would have been? Shocking.

Now I was going of the impression from the first post that Fox News was the one that broke it. Now I bet after the story was broken every other network had to tag in. However, there should have been some journalistic integrity from whoever that broke the story. Now if the story was being exposed in January, I'd give kudos to the network for exposing the story. However, there was nothing to gain by breaking the story other than watching others' misery.

It helps to research stuff before you post on it.

The National Enquirer broke the story, and Fox News carried it for the last few weeks when the other major media sources did not. Edwards admitted the affair to ABC because of the pressure from the Enquirer and Fox News. Not many people take the NE very seriously, so you have to give credit to FN for backing them up and keeping the story in the headlines over the last few weeks.

Wrong. He admitted it because of pressure from the Democratic party.

This article kills me from MSNBC/AP, saying the mainstream media didn't report it earlier because they couldn't prove it. Oh yeah? Then why wasn't the same standard held when it came to the NY Times publishing the story on McCain's non existing affair?

Great logic. MSNBC and the AP said they didn't report it because they didn't have the facts, but since the New York Times did it once, then MSNBC and the AP should have reported it. :thumbsup:

McCain has a history of infidelity, Edwards didn't. Just like all the stories in the past few years of Bill Clinton having affairs since leaving the White House, which were reported as rumors but never proven. Once you're known as a cheater, people are more likely to believe and publish rumors without proof. It's not fair, but it occurs to politicians from both parties.