Pennignton a Dolphin?

K-Gun10

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:38 PM ET | Link

PENNINGTON TO DOLPHINS?: According to the Palm Beach Post's Edgar Thompson, Bill Parcells may just be interested in signing Chad Pennington, the QB he drafted in the first round back in 2000.

Pennington has been released by the Jets as they needed to clear $10M in cap space to accommodate Brett Favre's salary. Pennington saved them $6M.

While I understand that the QB situation is a mess in south Florida and Pennington is a cerebral quarterback that doesn't make mistakes, I don't know if he's the answer. Still he's probably an upgrade for them. Times are tough in Miami.

---

Everywhere he's gone since the Pats (and he even did it there to a degree), Parcells has done the whole "Hey, let's get the ol' band back together!!" thing. There's times it worked and many more times where trying to recapture the past blew up in his face.

Chadwick is "a QB who doesn't make mistakes"... until you lay a finger on him.

My-yami's gonna suck so bad! 0-16 is possible.

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:38 PM ET | Link

PENNINGTON TO DOLPHINS?: According to the Palm Beach Post's Edgar Thompson, Bill Parcells may just be interested in signing Chad Pennington, the QB he drafted in the first round back in 2000.

Pennington has been released by the Jets as they needed to clear $10M in cap space to accommodate Brett Favre's salary. Pennington saved them $6M.

While I understand that the QB situation is a mess in south Florida and Pennington is a cerebral quarterback that doesn't make mistakes, I don't know if he's the answer. Still he's probably an upgrade for them. Times are tough in Miami.

---

Probably?! :D

I have a good friend who's a Jets fan, and he's obviously excited about the Favre signing...Not so much for Favre, but just because he was SERIOUSLY dreading a full season with Pennington as the starter.

While the Jets QB job was up for open competition, I know everyone in the Jets' organization was hoping that Kellen Clemens would have an incredible camp and grab the starter's job by the horns. Every report I read said that if the season started this weekend, Pennington would've been the starter. He was outplaying Clemens in practice and in the Green-White scrimmage, and Clemens had been generally awful.

I don't think they make the Favre deal if Clemens had jumped up and won the job with authority. But maybe they do, who knows? Either way, Pennington would be a fine backup QB for a good team. I think if he had to come in for 3 or 4 games- say for a team like the Saints or Jags- he would certainly give them the opportunity to go 2-1 or 2-2 and keep the ship afloat. But Pennington starting for a bottom-rung team for 16 games? Not a recipe for success.