Bowen on IR.

He was placed on the waived-injured list. I thought players lost to injury were put on IR directly. We don't know what we have in him but it would be a shame to lose him to another team. I got the feeling he would be a key contributor on teams and improve on our ranking last year. Having Fletcher busting the wedge was HUGE when he was here; we were at the top then.

yea, I dont understand this move either....they could put him directly on IR and not worry about him this year and he'd be here for training camp 2009...this move allows any team to pick him up and do the same....only reason I can think of besides league rules is that they didnt like what they saw from him so far, and that hasnt been the word so far on him.

He was placed on the waived-injured list. I thought players lost to injury were put on IR directly. We don't know what we have in him but it would be a shame to lose him to another team. I got the feeling he would be a key contributor on teams and improve on our ranking last year. Having Fletcher busting the wedge was HUGE when he was here; we were at the top then.

CIN did it with their '07 2nd round pick, RB Kenny Irons (he tore up a knee in his first pre-season game).

7/25: Irons was waived-injured.

7/28: He cleared waivers, and was then put on CIN's Reserve/PUP list.

8/04: Waived again, with an injury settlement.

I believe i read something the other day that when its not in season, a guy on IR counts against the 80 man roster limit. I may have some detail wrong, but it was something like that.

That makes sense.

Max: are you sure that 100% of his salary is guaranteed?

Both of you make good points, however.