The Girl in the Window

Chilly

That story made me sick. I couldn't read the whole thing.

Read the whole thing. Her new life is a challenge none of us can comprehend, but it is also a positive, loving life.

One of the saddest things I've ever read. The mother, while worthy of all our hate and venom, must be borderline retarded to let something like that happen.

With an IQ of 77, she would have been a robot at Publix, barely able to comprehend store policy and work as a robot to the instructions, let alone have independent thoughts. The story of the mother and child isn't half as sad as the story of the Florida DSS dismissing the case two times previous to her eventual removal from the house.

With that said, for as crappy as that mother was, there's people out there who are saints like her new family. I'd like to think that her new family were just regular six pack joes, like us, and they rose to the occasion like I think we all would.

I posted this earlier, but I'm afraid it might get buried in the thread.

I found this online yesterday:

"The Heart Gallery has set up a fund for those who want to help Danielle's new family. Checks can be sent to: The Heart Gallery -- Danielle Lierow Fund, 1002 E. Palm Ave., Tampa, FL 33605.

Also, a fund has been set up for Danielle's long-term care. Donations can be sent to: Danielle Lierow, c/o Mr. Doy McPhail, Wachovia Bank, 7128 Estero Blvd., Ft. Myers Beach, FL 33931. "

Just want to make sure everyone appreciated this was a ten-year-old boy saying this:

"William was used to living like an only child, but since Dani has moved in, she gets most of their parents' attention. "She needs them more than me," he says simply."

Most amazing thing in the story to me.

The story of the mother and child isn't half as sad as the story of the Florida DSS dismissing the case two times previous to her eventual removal from the house.

Incompetence by a government agency -- shocking. I bet their 'diversity appreciation training' is all up to date though.