Artie Lange in rehab

John Adams

Just another useless celebrity !@#$stick.

Yeah but he's funny Chef. The show isn't the same without him. It is getting old with all the NFLers and show business people who can't handle success though. Not really sympathetic to any of them. I can't understand what they have so many problems but then again Ive never been in their position. But damn, I would think having a lot of cash would make so many things easier. Go figure :thumbsup:

Yeah but he's funny Chef. The show isn't the same without him. It is getting old with all the NFLers and show business people who can't handle success though. Not really sympathetic to any of them. I can't understand what they have so many problems but then again Ive never been in their position. But damn, I would think having a lot of cash would make so many things easier. Go figure :thumbsup:

Having a good job that pays a good 6 figure salary usually makes things better because you can make things better for you and your family. Worries or concerns typically revolve around money or money issues. But when your making the kinds of money that these celebrities and athletes make is obsene and excessive which, in my opinion, causes many of them to lead excessive lifestyles.

Artie is a hilarious dude, but he's also a fat whiney B word. When he's on his game, my stomach hurts from laughing. When he's in his "Woe is me" mode, it's pathetic. He's clearly got an addictive/excessive/self-destructive personality. Hopefully he can fly straight and focus on what he's good at. Unfortunately, a MAJOR part of his on-air persona is his honesty with is past (and present) and his "hard livin" lifestyle. Even at age 40, he definitely embraces the Belushi/Farley correlations. I fear he has under a decade left on this planet.

Artie is a hilarious dude, but he's also a fat whiney B word. When he's on his game, my stomach hurts from laughing. When he's in his "Woe is me" mode, it's pathetic. He's clearly got an addictive/excessive/self-destructive personality. Hopefully he can fly straight and focus on what he's good at. Unfortunately, a MAJOR part of his on-air persona is his honesty with is past (and present) and his "hard livin" lifestyle. Even at age 40, he definitely embraces the Belushi/Farley correlations. I fear he has under a decade left on this planet.

Holy crap that's EXACTLY how I feel.

He started the whole "WHAAAAA" bit talking about people who complain about sh--. He is the biggest cry baby of ANYONE. As you said, when he's on, he's hilarious. But over the last year, its been nothing but him bitching and moaning. He makes $2MM+ from the show and probably double that from appearences, DVD sales, etc; and he can't stop complaining. CONSTANT complaining.

Its one thing to die young as a celebrity. It's another to make it a goal and/or badge of honor. He wants to be the next Kinnison. He's not.

Dante said above that the show isn't the same without him. I would have agreed a year ago. I no longer do. Now I think I would miss Sal, Ronnie, or Richard far more.

You must have been listening to the replay today when he thought Howard was making fun of him because he is fat. He was a total ahole. I'm not sure how long it went on but it had to be a hour of back and forth bickering and him whining.

Holy crap that's EXACTLY how I feel.

He started the whole "WHAAAAA" bit talking about people who complain about sh--. He is the biggest cry baby of ANYONE. As you said, when he's on, he's hilarious. But over the last year, its been nothing but him bitching and moaning. He makes $2MM+ from the show and probably double that from appearences, DVD sales, etc; and he can't stop complaining. CONSTANT complaining.

Its one thing to die young as a celebrity. It's another to make it a goal and/or badge of honor. He wants to be the next Kinnison. He's not.

Dante said above that the show isn't the same without him. I would have agreed a year ago. I no longer do. Now I think I would miss Sal, Ronnie, or Richard far more.

What is it about the Stern show that turns people into such crybabies? Or does Howard like to hire crybabies because they are so pathetic without realizing it?

PTR

You must have been listening to the replay today when he thought Howard was making fun of him because he is fat. He was a total ahole. I'm not sure how long it went on but it had to be a hour of back and forth bickering and him whining.

Nah, didn't catch it today...I rarely listen to the replays when they are on one of their MANY vacations that Artie neglects to think about when he's crying, not to mention the four day work week @ 5 hours per day. It's tough listening to a millionaire B word about how hard he has it, when it's Thursday and I've already put in 45 hours that week!!!! I understand a major portion of the show is the TRUE lives of the cast, but I have to change the channel when all of them start bitching about nonsense in their lives that are "problems" most people would kill to have.

I'm sure when they come back from vacation, Howard will be distraught about some mansion party in the Hamptons, and Robin will detail how her British Airways first class flight to Rome had an uncomfortable seat.

Nah, didn't catch it today...I rarely listen to the replays when they are on one of their MANY vacations that Artie neglects to think about when he's crying, not to mention the four day work week @ 5 hours per day. It's tough listening to a millionaire B word about how hard he has it, when it's Thursday and I've already put in 45 hours that week!!!! I understand a major portion of the show is the TRUE lives of the cast, but I have to change the channel when all of them start bitching about nonsense in their lives that are "problems" that most people would kill to have.

I'm sure when they come back from vacation, Howard will be distraught about some mansion party in the Hamptons, and Robin will detail how her British Airways first class flight to Rome had an uncomfortable seat.

That's really what the show has boiled down to. No more "Who's the Jew" or "Bestiality Dial-a-Date". Not even anymore Butt Bongo. Just 4 hours of whining. $500M will spoil you.

PTR

That's really what the show has boiled down to. No more "Who's the Jew" or "Bestiality Dial-a-Date". Not even anymore Butt Bongo. Just 4 hours of whining. $500M will spoil you.

PTR

You forgot 4 hours of talking about how they aren't going to talk about the wedding anymore.

PTR

You forgot 4 hours of talking about how they aren't going to talk about the wedding anymore.

I'm starting to like the wrap up show more than the main show.

Nah, didn't catch it today...I rarely listen to the replays when they are on one of their MANY vacations that Artie neglects to think about when he's crying, not to mention the four day work week @ 5 hours per day. It's tough listening to a millionaire B word about how hard he has it, when it's Thursday and I've already put in 45 hours that week!!!! I understand a major portion of the show is the TRUE lives of the cast, but I have to change the channel when all of them start bitching about nonsense in their lives that are "problems" most people would kill to have.

I usually hate the old shows too, but this week is funny...Artie Roast a few days ago....Colin Quinn killed

PTR

I don't know, some of the booey song parodies last week were pretty funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adfl6d7mqt8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_kOpmFN1jI

I know alot of people bash the Howard Stern show. Personally, it cracks me up. I love the sophomoric humur. But what really gets me is that after this long....Howard, Robin, Fred & Gary, still seem to truly enjoy what they do, you hear them laugh and giggle constantly. At this point in their long careers together(another accomplishment they should all be proud of) it would almost be expected of them to mail it in, but they really seem to be having a great time. I think that more than anything keeps me listening every morning......oh god and I hate that eric the midget so much, but i cant stop listenting when he is on the air......

Stern sucks. It's been 15 years since he was funny. I hate him but I love to diss him on message boards.

see that's why i put in the thread title "Artie Lange in rehab...." it really amazes me why people feel compelled to make disparaging comments on things they do not care about or do not like...or I guess "hate". But if you must you must, thanks for the contribution and even more so, bumping this thread up for even more exposure.

I know alot of people bash the Howard Stern show. Personally, it cracks me up. I love the sophomoric humur. But what really gets me is that after this long....Howard, Robin, Fred & Gary, still seem to truly enjoy what they do, you hear them laugh and giggle constantly. At this point in their long careers together(another accomplishment they should all be proud of) it would almost be expected of them to mail it in, but they really seem to be having a great time. I think that more than anything keeps me listening every morning......oh god and I hate that eric the midget so much, but i cant stop listenting when he is on the air......

I love most all of the bits. I think the show is, overall, pretty damn funny. I love Stern, Artie, Fred...Robin is okay....Richard is funny and Sal, while latently homosexual, is good too. Baba Booey is classic and for all the heat he takes (the song parodies were HILARIOUS) he's great at what he does.

It is very put-offish when they start talking about their visits to their shrinks, or Artie talking about needing drugs just to get through the day, or bitching about how crowded it was at some premiere they went to. It's not reality and I think they've lost touch and become less-grounded over the past five years.

However, unlike some people here when they listen to Buffalo sports radio, I am able to just change the channel when I don't feel like listening to that stuff.

Eric the Midget needs to fly with balloons and never come back.

dont' sweat that response, it is now a stock answer used in a joking manner...and it is not limited to Stern discussions

see that's why i put in the thread title "Artie Lange in rehab...." it really amazes me why people feel compelled to make disparaging comments on things they do not care about or do not like...or I guess "hate". But if you must you must, thanks for the contribution and even more so, bumping this thread up for even more exposure.