Do people still love their country, or do they love to say they do?

Adam

The subject line is NOT an attack on anyone, maybe its just a bit of cynicism from me.......

I look around, and think many people just think we should accept things as they are and not push for better- that is not love of country, that is complacency and it is very dangerous.

I see two major political parties that basically stir up hatred between their two bases. This helps prevent anything from getting done to fix our problems.

I see a broken educational system. No Child Left Behind is completely cosmetic and would be more appropriately named No Child Left Untested. Other countries have educational systems that see their students put in twice the amount of time and with tougher coursework. We don't want to push kids in our country- we pamper them, and prevent them from failing, lest it crush their poor feelings- they get to sit around and play mindless video games, while kids in other countries pass them by and our economy continues top crrumble as we don't develop young minds to turn things around in the future.

I see a government that is more concerned with what goes on overseas- starting a war and not finishing it, then moving on the the next country- then building that country up, while we crumble at home.

I see people mesmerized by this leader- claiming that we should hold people indefinitely because they do not have rights declared by our constitution. True enough, they don't have those rights. BUT, if we truly beleive in our own constitution, and our own freedoms, how can we not hold ourselves to the highest of standards. We need to set the example, and treat people justly- whether they deserve it or not.

I look at what happened at Abu Ghraib, and I think about the past- the war on terror is a war on evil, everybody knows that. Look at any war on evil in the past- what has it resulted in. The ones waging the war become the vile things they fight against- and that is not because they are bad people- most are not. Situation dictates what we become, always has and always will. Torture is not an act of americans, it is an act of terrorism. It is not an interrogation form that works, it was not only used for interrogation either.

We are fighting amongst ourselves instead of fighting for our countries. Every democrat, republican, libertarian, green party member, independent, etc... has a duty as an american first. We need to hold ourselves to the highest of standards and not waver from them. Terror CAN be fought and defeated, but not on the battlefield, not in their own kind of fight. We have to remember the founders when they fought in the Revolutionary War and their vision of a free country INDIVISABLE with liberty and justice for ALL.

I see a government that is more concerned with LINING THIER OWN POCKETS AND STAYING IN OFFICE- starting a war and not finishing it, then moving on the the next country- then building that country up, while we crumble at home.

Fixed it for you...