PFW on Peters holdout

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/A.../sohn080608.htm

'The Bills also know Peters as a person. He’s a polite, soft-spoken, team-first guy who they know won’t go all Terrell Owens on them. The fact that the public hasn’t heard so much as a whisper of complaint out of Peters isn’t surprising to those who know him best. In fact, there’s a line of thinking from sources close to the team that Peters never wanted to hold out in the first place, and that everything’s being orchestrated by his agent, Eugene Parker. It only stands to reason that eventually, Peters is bound to override his overzealous agent’s advice, and report.'

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/A.../sohn080608.htm

'The Bills also know Peters as a person. He's a polite, soft-spoken, team-first guy who they know won't go all Terrell Owens on them. The fact that the public hasn't heard so much as a whisper of complaint out of Peters isn't surprising to those who know him best. In fact, there's a line of thinking from sources close to the team that Peters never wanted to hold out in the first place, and that everything's being orchestrated by his agent, Eugene Parker. It only stands to reason that eventually, Peters is bound to override his overzealous agent's advice, and report.'

I think Kelly the dog called that one too. Thanks for the up-date.

Wait? :cry:

everything’s being orchestrated by his agent, Eugene Parker. It only stands to reason that eventually, Peters is bound to override his overzealous agent’s advice, and report.'

Or that it's still being orchestrated by Parker--in terms of having Peter's appear to override his advice and report to camp, thereby looking like a good guy--and putting the onus on the Bills to pay up in response to his show of good faifth....

Eugene Parker is seemingly out of control. Peters and Stephen Jackson have themselves a narcissistic fool for an agent.

Last I checked, the Seattle game's still a month away...the 'fool' stuff won't apply until the calendar turns another page.

Look, if Jason Peters or Steven Jackson wanted to play football, absolutely nothing is stopping them from firing their agents and hiring someone who'll get a deal done. They know who's out there. They work with people represented by every different agent out there - it's not like they feel they don't have options.

Eugene Parker has chosen the tactics that are approved by his clients, and and while I'm sure he's pressuring them to take a hard-line stance, Peters and Jackson are big boys. They could say 'no' any time they wanted to, with nothing to lose.

Eugene Parker is seemingly out of control. Peters and Stephen Jackson have themselves a narcissistic fool for an agent.

"Narcissistic fool" is actually listed as the job requirement for any high-profile sports agent.

It sure reads like its Eugene Parker being the issue; read the kffl abstracts on Steven Jackson... "The Rams continue to fine him $15,000 per day and told his agent, Eugene Parker, they will no longer negotiate with him if he remains out of training camp."

Great avatar. :thumbsup:

That should be the official logo of any JP vs Trent threads

I'd actually welcome another retarded JP vs edwards debate. It would break up the monotony of deciding which threads to read on the board.

"Hmmm, do i want to read about peters, peters, peters, favre, peters, favre, favre, peters, favre, peters, peters, or favre?"

So in other words, it's all about just business and money, it's nothing about injuries, it's nothing about Peters being a jerk, it's all about his agent insisting he be paid now and the Bills insisting he should be paid later even though it's clear he deserves more, and all about that Peters will be starting at LT sometime soon.

What a shocker.

Given the unreliability of past PFW reports (actually I take seriously them labeling someone a narcisisstic fool since it does take one to know one) I think that it is reasonable to take this one with a grain of salt.

The grain I would take on this one is that the "insider" perspective they describe in terms of Peters normally being a team guys is believable since this is consistent with other reports.

However, the rant about Parker being some Svengali who has faked pushed Peters into this stance smacks of sillness. It does not matter because whatever Parker says Peters has empowered Parker to represent him so what Parker says or does is Peters' thang. One cannot let Peters off the hook even with a tale if it is true that his agent made him do it.

As far as it goes, I can see why Peters is not saying anything because he really has nothing to say that will produce an outcome consistent with him wanting the Bills to pay him more than they have agreed to pay him and for what would be by far the largest contract the Bills ever did.

Peters is in a situation where folks think he is a craven money-grubbing athlete. There is nothing honest that he can say that would not simply eliminate all doubt that he is a money-grubbing jock. It makes perfect sense for him not to communicate since the only way he will win will be for the Bills to cave into the concept of paying his as though he were competing in an FA market.

Given that he has decided to try to create a FA market for himself does anyone suggest what he should say to produce this outcome. No wonder he is silent.

So in other words, it's all about just business and money, it's nothing about injuries, it's nothing about Peters being a jerk, it's all about his agent insisting he be paid now and the Bills insisting he should be paid later even though it's clear he deserves more, and all about that Peters will be starting at LT sometime soon.

What a shocker.

Yes - assuming PFT is accurate.

Yes - assuming PFT is accurate.

Pro Football Weekly. Please, I beg of you, don't confuse the two.

The lack of a dateline leads me to believe Sohn isn't in Pittsford, but he's been talking to someone who is there ...

Last I checked, the Seattle game's still a month away...the 'fool' stuff won't apply until the calendar turns another page.

Except if Peters doesn't report by Friday he loses a year of NFL service. That's kind of a big deal.

PTR

Except if Peters doesn't report by Friday he loses a year of NFL service. That's kind of a big deal.

Actually since he didn't report yesterday, he lost an accrued season, which goes towards unrestricted FA (mostly if there is an uncapped year in 2010). But it's moot since he's under contract for 3 more years. If he doesn't show by week 10, he loses a credited year and will still have 3 years remaining on his contract.

Who got screwed by this, potentially, is Steven Jackson, who as we all know is also represented by Eugene Parker.

Actually since he didn't report yesterday, he lost an accrued season, which goes towards unrestricted FA (mostly if there is an uncapped year in 2010). But it's moot since he's under contract for 3 more years. If he doesn't show by week 10, he loses a credited year and will still have 3 years remaining on his contract.

Who got screwed by this, potentially, is Steven Jackson, who as we all know is also represented by Eugene Parker.

No, he has until Friday August 8th (30 days before the first regular season game)