Bush foreign policy as comic book

I'd have no problem with Cheney and Bush dressing up as Batman and Robin and going to fight the bad guys. But of course the reality is they just make decisions that put other people in danger while they're safe and secure; more like Amanda Waller (for the other comic geeks).

Many republicons are hailing the dreadful and unredeeming new Batman flick

So 'dreadful and unredeeming' that reviews from both fans and critics have been overwhelmingly positive and it will be one of the biggest hit movies of all time. :cry::D

It's an excellent movie that doesn't pander to the audience by giving nice, easy answers. When you're dealing with terrorism/insane people, there are no easy answers.

So 'dreadful and unredeeming' that reviews from both fans and critics have been overwhelmingly positive and it will be one of the biggest hit movies of all time. :thumbsup::(

It's an excellent movie that doesn't pander to the audience by giving nice, easy answers. When you're dealing with terrorism/insane people, there are no easy answers.

Yeah, box office success definitely merits critical kudos. That's why pieces of crap like The Passion of the Christ, Forrest Gump and the last three Star Wars films are such great flicks...because of their ticket take. <_<

I caught Batman the first day it opened and was surprised to find myself with maybe only 15 other people in the theater. I guess some didn't buy all the pre-hype. Face it, without capitalizing on its stars' unfortunate demise this turgid garbage would have sank like a stone. Two and a half hours of negative repetition, confused visuals and incoherent theme was much more than this movie fan could tolerate.

Thank god for Ironman to save the summer blockbuster season. But I guess Ironman's theme of the redemption of a weapons manufacturer would be too much for the republicons to appreciate.

Yeah, box office success definitely merits critical kudos. That's why pieces of crap like The Passion of the Christ, Forrest Gump and the last three Star Wars films are such great flicks...because of their ticket take. :thumbsup:

Almost all of the positive reviews from critics came out before the movie ever opened. And the vast majority of the people who saw it have said they liked it. A lot of the money it's making is based on people seeing it multiple times.

I caught Batman the first day it opened and was surprised to find myself with maybe only 15 other people in the theater. I guess some didn't buy all the pre-hype. Face it, without capitalizing on its stars' unfortunate demise this turgid garbage would have sank like a stone.

It was the most anticipated movie of the summer well before Heath Ledger died. They didn't "capitalize" on anything.

Thank god for Ironman to save the summer blockbuster season. But I guess Ironman's theme of the redemption of a weapons manufacturer would be too much for the republicons to appreciate.

That's pretty funny that you hate a movie simply because people can (if they want) find it to be supportive of President Bush and like Iron Man better because it's theme of "the redemption of a weapons manufacturer" is more your style. The Dark Knight was an excellent movie. It's too bad you're so screwed up in the head that you have to post ridiculous arguments about it on the internet because it didn't give you enough of an "anti-republicon" theme.