For all you CSI fans this is a shocker.

K-Gun10

Apparently he is going to do a few episodes and then he will be leaving the show. He is going to stay on as a producer, and will make an occasional return, so they won't be killing him off, he will just be leaving for personal reasons.

If thats the case, they they should just wrap up the series. I've loved the show since its inception, but when you have main characters starting to go away (Sara, Warrick, now grissom), it means your show is in decline. CSI has had a great run of what, 8 seasons now? End it while you are still a good show, and dont drag it down by "replacing" main characters. Look at how terrible the final 2 seasons of X-files were without duchovny. Dont let CSI turn into that.

Look at how terrible the final 2 seasons of X-files were without duchovny.

Boy are you ever right about that. And I like Robert Patrick.

BTW, did you know that Robert is Richard Patrick's older brother? Richard played with Filter and sat in with NIN a couple of times.

If thats the case, they they should just wrap up the series. I've loved the show since its inception, but when you have main characters starting to go away (Sara, Warrick, now grissom), it means your show is in decline. CSI has had a great run of what, 8 seasons now? End it while you are still a good show, and dont drag it down by "replacing" main characters. Look at how terrible the final 2 seasons of X-files were without duchovny. Dont let CSI turn into that.

I wouldn't say every show is like that (although alot do end up dead a few years after main cast members leave) but look at a show like Law and Order. How many main characters have came and went from that show (the original) and its still pretty good. It just depends on the writing and the actors the get to replace them. Sometimes it can help the show because it freshens things up a bit and can add new story ideas.

Boy are you ever right about that. And I like Robert Patrick.

BTW, did you know that Robert is Richard Patrick's older brother? Richard played with Filter and sat in with NIN a couple of times.

I guess you are a Corner Gas fan? Its a good show, and surprising to see it starting to take off a little in the US, too bad this up coming season is the last for it.