Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Fantasy Football

I have been participating in Fantasy Football leagues since 1988 and I can say while the popularity of it is kind of cool, to me the exposure and emphasis that fans put on it is too much anymore. Go to a bookstore, there are so many books for fantasy football it is dizzying.

And now you have these people who would never talk NFL years ago, all of the sudden more worried about the yards Joseph Addai gets against the Texans more then the sport of football itself. Seems that there are more comments like "please make this kick so I can get to 5-5 in my fantasy football league" and stressing over that against their OWN favorite team mind you, rather then just enjoying the games themselves. Has fantasy football become too much??

I somewhat compare Fantasy Football to Texas Hold 'Em Poker: When the events were on once in awhile, it was cool, a novelty and interesting: Now there are 5000 satellite tourneys on it seems, and to me MORE can be LESS, and I think that is starting to happen with Fantasy Football.

Discuss.

I agree. I played for a few seasons, but when you can't watch a pregame without hearing about it, it has become nothing more than a nuisance. I can't even tell you how many arguments I've had with a longtime FF player who thinks Aaron Brooks is a good QB.

Football good, Fantasy football bad

I enjoy it. I play fantasy football and wager on games because I like watching football for 12 hours every sunday and it creates an added level of interest in the other games. However, I watch every single second of bills games and never let the other games that i bet on/have fantasy implications distract me from the bills. I really think the fantasy blow up wouldn't bother me at all if everyone at sports bars could remember one simple thing: NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAMS. Just watch the game with fellow fans of your team, cheer them on, and everyone will be fine. Hearing people yell about fantasy does get annoying.

the fact that there are books out for it is truly sad.

Fantasy Football is just another version of Dungeons and Dragons except made for the kids who used to beat up the dungeons and Dragons kids

Dungeons and Dragons sure beat the video games that everyone plays today- there is no imagination anymore, just people mashing buttons

I often times wish I had the knowledge and time to get involved in Fantasy Football because I'd like to finally have a reason to accept the barrage of crap that streams across the bottom of my screen during every single freaking game.

It really has come to the point of being utterly nauseating....but there is big $$$ involved. E$PN has dedicated a full two hours to a fantasy football preview show at the beginning of the season for the past couple of years. I'm sure the companies/sites that run the fantasy football games are in cahoots with ESPN and use them for advertising, etc.

It really has come to the point of being utterly nauseating....but there is big $$$ involved. E$PN has dedicated a full two hours to a fantasy football preview show at the beginning of the season for the past couple of years. I'm sure the companies/sites that run the fantasy football games are in cahoots with ESPN and use them for advertising, etc.

Sirius NFL has a couple of guys who do a FF show for a couple of hours each night. Not sure if they're any good, but one of them has a magazine and he caught my attention because he put Marshawn Lynch on the cover. He insists he's probably one of the best FF backs for this year.

Just like betting on football increased interest in games, so has fantasy football. More people are watching games they would never care about if not for fantasy implications, which boosts ratings, which is good for all concerned. It's a way to have some friendly competition among friends and coworkers, just like Superbowl squares. I've been running a league for 18 years, and it's been a way to keep connections with old coworkers and friends. You can root for your NFL team to win but still hope a player you have on an opponent's team gets good stats; it's not inconsistant.

Damn people who play fantasy football, we're ruining the sport.

I remember last year at the Tavern, watching the Bills games with my fellow people, no one cared about the Bills because of their fantasy teams. I sure as heck didn't, I was totally rooting for Miami to beat Buffalo so Ronnie Brown could get some more TDs. I can't wait to do it again this year too.

I often times wish I had the knowledge and time to get involved in Fantasy Football because I'd like to finally have a reason to accept the barrage of crap that streams across the bottom of my screen during every single freaking game.

You could have avoided that had you taught your son not to puke at the TV every time there was a QB change over the last 3 seasons.