malcolm kelly

per rotoworld

Redskins rookie Malcolm Kelly is currently in Birmingham, Alabama to have his knees evaluated.

He may need a scope. Kelly has been missing time with a hamstring injury, but is also experiencing stiffness in his knees. NFL Network's Mike Mayock reported before the draft that Kelly had been removed from some teams' boards due to knee woes, so this is a concern. He remains out indefinitely.

I was one of the many here who wanted kelly, and even at our 11 pick. Seems like the injury concerns were valid and maybe very serious. Very happy with Hardy right now

Just saying that seeing James Andrews is never a good, thing. Also, Devin Thomas is hurt, and hasn't come along all that well either. I know it's only camp, but I would have thought he would be doing a little bit better. Out of all the WR's drafted, it seems from things that I've read that Jordy Nelson is the guy catching on the fastest.

The first time we get in the REDZONE and Hardy catches a TD over a smaller defender (or Evans, Parish, Lynch, Reed, Royal get open and catch a TD) he will be worth the selection. Just a few sevens instead of threes can turn a team fron 7-9 to 10-6 very easily

lets not forget that he can make a big impact without scoring at all too.

In other rookie news, Brandon Albert will miss the rest of pre-season at least with a foot injury, making his transition from college OG to NFL LT harder. And DE Derrick Harvey still hasn't signed with the Jags.

The first time we get in the REDZONE and Hardy catches a TD over a smaller defender he will be worth the selection. Just a few sevens instead of threes can turn a team fron 7-9 to 10-6 very easily

What he said.* :wallbash:

* Provided he can stay out of off field and on field problems.

lets not forget that he can make a big impact without scoring at all too.

Not according to sWillis. He likes scoring and making a big impact of baby mama's.

BTW, Rice is looking awesome in Ravens camp and he will probably take a lot of carries away from sWillis this year.

per rotoworld

Redskins rookie WR Malcolm Kelly underwent arthroscopic surgery to remove loose particles from his left knee on Monday.

Kelly's timetable for return is supposed to be two to three weeks, but his knees have been problematic for awhile and that complicates matters. We saw last year with Robert Meachem how far behind a rookie receiver with knee woes can fall. Don't expect much, if anything from Kelly early in the season despite his solid start to training camp.

Just saying that seeing James Andrews is never a good, thing. Also, Devin Thomas is hurt, and hasn't come along all that well either. I know it's only camp, but I would have thought he would be doing a little bit better. Out of all the WR's drafted, it seems from things that I've read that Jordy Nelson is the guy catching on the fastest.

Quite the contrary- NOT seeing Andrews can be MUCH worse. I read about a pro wrestler who had a torn muscle in his arm that decided to save some money by seeing a less accomplished surgeon. Within a week of the procedure, the wound opened and a fluid that he described as looking like chunky soup started gushing out of it. Andrews is the most well known surgeon of his type in the world for a reason. Under his supervision, Kelly gets his best chance of a full recovery.

What he said.* :wallbash:

* Provided he can stay out of off field and on field problems.

Not according to sWillis. He likes scoring and making a big impact of baby mama's.

BTW, Rice is looking awesome in Ravens camp and he will probably take a lot of carries away from sWillis this year.

Willis has a knee tweak........give him a year or two more, he'll be with hometown Dullphins.

I think Limas Sweed is going to win the battle of the big guys stat wise. But.. I like Hardy, he'll be fine and we'll be happy with him.

Sweed is behind Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Nate Washington and Heath Miller for receptions or touches, not to mention the two-headed monster at RB with Willie Parker and Rashard Mendenhall.

Hardy is behind... well... Lee Evans.

Sweed is behind Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Nate Washington and Heath Miller for receptions or touches, not to mention the two-headed monster at RB with Willie Parker and Rashard Mendenhall.

Not to mention the fact that Sweed was also carted off the field last week with a hammy.

Hardy is behind... well... Lee Evans.

If Sweed is behind both Mendenhall and Willie Parker, Hardy is surely behind Lynch.

Quite the contrary- NOT seeing Andrews can be MUCH worse. I read about a pro wrestler who had a torn muscle in his arm that decided to save some money by seeing a less accomplished surgeon. Within a week of the procedure, the wound opened and a fluid that he described as looking like chunky soup started gushing out of it. Andrews is the most well known surgeon of his type in the world for a reason. Under his supervision, Kelly gets his best chance of a full recovery.

The key to that statement is "Well known", although he's known as an excellent surgeon the big reason players go to him is the agents. They control which doctor to send players to, and Andrews has a whole process for pro athletes that caters to their needs (hotel, car service, private patient rooms, entertainment, etc)

There are plenty of surgeons around the country that are equal and can even be considered better than Andrews, he just has a niche for pro athletes because of what he offers them. It's just that most of the other top surgeons will treat the players like ordinary patients and not get the special hospitality treatment.