Yet another wrinkle in the Favre affair....

Buftex

They should trade him to Detroit if he wants to stay in the NFC North so bad. Eff him.

Hey Brett! If you go away now, there's still a good chance that I will have forgotten all this by the time you are inducted into the HOF. I would like to be happy for you.

Anybody else find it a little suspicious that he is always asking to be released, not to be traded, or to get a chance to start for them? Everytime I read something about the situation he is always asking for his release from the packers. Makes me wonder about whats really going on

I don't know, sounds like Favre has a better handle on this thing than anyone from the Packers organization has, at least publicly. I give kudos to Favre for knowing that his showing up for a practice will be a bad thing...and for saying that Aaron Rodgers should be the starter. It just comes down to, Favre wants to play. The Packers don't want him to play. Favre is healty, and coming off one of his two or three best seasons ever. There is no football reason he should not be playing football in 2008, if he wants to, and somebody will let him. If the Packers won't let him, they should release him. If they think thney are better off without him, at this point, they should collectively "man-up" and trade him to the Vikings or Bears, if that is where he wants to go. Get whatever you can for him. What are they so scared of? That he will make them look bad? Too late for that.

Anybody else find it a little suspicious that he is always asking to be released, not to be traded, or to get a chance to start for them? Everytime I read something about the situation he is always asking for his release from the packers. Makes me wonder about whats really going on

He's asked to be traded to an NFC North team, they won't do it, so he wants his release to sign with one.

Nothing suspicious about it. He has at least been frank enough to admitt, he doesn't want to play with Ted Thompson in charge. He really just wants to play where he wants to play. I don't think he has made that a secret.

Nothing suspicious about it. He has at least been frank enough to admitt, he doesn't want to play with Ted Thompson in charge. He really just wants to play where he wants to play. I don't think he has made that a secret.

But he went from a tearful retirement speech about how he no longer had that want to spend time preparing for a week to play against a team, to a couple months later talking about how he wants to come back and wants the team to release him. I did read that he asked that he be traded to Chicago or Minneosota (Chicago apparently has shown no interest, and neither has the Viking according to the article I read this morning about making a trade for him), but why them? The vikings I understand, they are pretty close to being a QB away from a SB championship, but the Bears might be a little further away, plus they are division rivals.

It seems to me that either someone/something from those teams got to him and convinced him to come out of retirement, or something happened that makes him now want to come back and screw the Packers organisation. I just find the entire thing fishy and that there is alot more going on behind the scenes in this entire situation

Either way, talk about sh*tting on a fanbase and a community that has treated you like a god

Don't shoot the messenger...As this is what I heard on the radio

Again, FWIW..

On talk radio this morning here in the Tampa Bay area, they said a deal is all but done for Farve and the Buc's. The Buc's want to give a second while the Pack wants a first.

They added that this will be a deal, as the money part has been worked out.

But he went from a tearful retirement speech about how he no longer had that want to spend time preparing for a week to play against a team, to a couple months later talking about how he wants to come back and wants the team to release him. I did read that he asked that he be traded to Chicago or Minneosota (Chicago apparently has shown no interest, and neither has the Viking according to the article I read this morning about making a trade for him), but why them? The vikings I understand, they are pretty close to being a QB away from a SB championship, but the Bears might be a little further away, plus they are division rivals.

It seems to me that either someone/something from those teams got to him and convinced him to come out of retirement, or something happened that makes him now want to come back and screw the Packers organisation. I just find the entire thing fishy and that there is alot more going on behind the scenes in this entire situation

Either way, talk about sh*tting on a fanbase and a community that has treated you like a god

I think he wants to play in that division, becuase he is already familair with the defenses in that division, thus, cutting down the time he would need to prepare for at least six of the sixteen games this season. He did mention that, in that originail "retirement" press conference, that film study was the hardest thing for him, mentally, at this point in his career. McCarthy mentioned film study, yesterday in his pc, as one of the things he asked Brett if he was ready to do, with the possibility that he would be a back-up. So, it seems obvious to me, game/film preperation have been an issue with Favre and the Packers, at least since McCarthy has been there.

As for sh*ting on the fan base, I see your point, but I think most realize that this is a personal issue between Packers managment and Favre, more than anything. It is Ted Thompson vs brett Favre. I would be willing to bet, by September 2009, both are gone from Green Bay. As poor as Favre has handled this, because he seems overly emotional, the GM, the one who is supposed to be shrewd, and doing what is best for the franchise, completely botched up his handling of this entire affair, IMO.