Manny like Gretz? Dude annoys me!!!

plenzmd1

So i am watching some highlights and I see Manny is wearing #99. What an A- Hole. Dude comparing himself to the Great One( at least in the top 5) of a sport, of which he is not (maybe i am wrong, but i do not think he is top 5 in baseball). OTOH, maybe brings some attention back to the NHL. Just hate this guy, all about him, nothing about team .

I think the bigger travesty is Mariano Rivera wearing #42 still.

It's retired league wide and he's not breaking any rules as he was "grandfathered" in, but in the name of everything respectful, it's time to change it.

I was so FUMED about ^this^ I never even noticed or considered it disrespectful!!! Travesty? Over retired numbers? HAHAHA!! Who cares....

Manny wearing 99? Who knows. The Dodgers have 24 retired, and supposedly Manny was issued 27. He came out in his first game wearing 99. I don't think Manny considers anything nearly as complicated as comparing himself to Wayne Gretzky by picking that number. It's likely he doesn't know who Gretzky is, or that he forgot it if somebody did tell him.

Knowing Manny, he probably asked for 136 and they gave him the closest thing to it.

He's one of the top 5 hitters of his generation and he's closer to 1 than he is to 5. He may be selfish but there isn't a single player I'd rather have at the plate with a big game on the line than Manny Ramirez, and I'm a Yankees fan.

When Manny's happy or when he is miserable? Cause it has been shown, if he's not happy he will go up swinging first pitch or 2 just to get out of the AB...... when he is on and wants to play he is as dangerous as they come, but when he is all upset cause someone pissed in his wheaties then he is a bigger headache for his own team than for the oppositions pitcher

When Manny's happy or when he is miserable? Cause it has been shown, if he's not happy he will go up swinging first pitch or 2 just to get out of the AB...... when he is on and wants to play he is as dangerous as they come, but when he is all upset cause someone pissed in his wheaties then he is a bigger headache for his own team than for the oppositions pitcher

Manny tends to motivate in big spots, whether it's the spotlight or cause he knows that's what will bring the next contract.

8-13; 5 RBI and 2 HR in his first 3 games with LA. I guess he's motivated.

Manny tends to motivate in big spots, whether it's the spotlight or cause he knows that's what will bring the next contract.

8-13; 5 RBI and 2 HR in his first 3 games with LA. I guess he's motivated.

Just have to see how he will react to his first perceived slight from anyone...

Knowing Manny, he probably asked for 136 and they gave him the closest thing to it.

Watching his press conference he said his number wasn't available so they "gave" him this number. I don't know if he was serious but take it FWIW.