First Fantasy Draft of the Season

H2o

Yep, it's that time again. Time to take a whack at the old Fantasy Football. I went and checked out the draft order last night and saw that I nabbed the last pick. :blink: That really sucks. I was completely stoked about it until that point. For the most part all of the top tier RB's, along with Moss and T.O., will almost certainly be gone. :blink:

I'm picking 12th in my pay league too. I assume it's a "snake" draft where you get the 12th and 13th picks? If so, it may not be all bad.

Mine is the initial year of being a keeper league playing 1 RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR. I think I'm likely to end up with Marshawn Lynch, and Romo or Terrell Owens or Brees (whoever is left). This is a solid start to a team, but it sure is a looong time after that 13th pick until we pick again (36th pick). When I ran through a mock draft, it was close whether TJ Houshmandwhatever or Marquez Colston or David Gerrard were left. All are solid picks in my view.

By the way, there's a TBD Fantasy Football forum: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showforum=6. It doesn't get nearly the traffic of the main board, but it's more appropriate to post this there.

I'm picking 12th in my pay league too. I assume it's a "snake" draft where you get the 12th and 13th picks? If so, it may not be all bad.

Mine is the initial year of being a keeper league playing 1 RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR. I think I'm likely to end up with Marshawn Lynch, and Romo or Terrell Owens or Brees (whoever is left). This is a solid start to a team, but it sure is a looong time after that 13th pick until we pick again (36th pick). When I ran through a mock draft, it was close whether TJ Houshmandwhatever or Marquez Colston or David Gerrard were left. All are solid picks in my view.

By the way, there's a TBD Fantasy Football forum: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showforum=6. It doesn't get nearly the traffic of the main board, but it's more appropriate to post this there.

Cool. Yeah, it's definitely a long time between picks for sure. And thanks for the heads up on the fantasy football forum.

Yep, it's that time again. Time to take a whack at the old Fantasy Football. I went and checked out the draft order last night and saw that I nabbed the last pick. :blink: That really sucks. I was completely stoked about it until that point. For the most part all of the top tier RB's, along with Moss and T.O., will almost certainly be gone. :blink:

Many of the guys I play with like the double picks of 12 and 13 better than drafting 6th or 7th, where your second pick comes much later.

With Marshawn ranked to be the 9th best back - he may fall to you (assuming people will go for Brady and Manning early)

Bigger question might be: where does Steve Smith go given his 2-game suspension? I think he'll fall and a lot of people might get a steal picking him in the 6th round or later.

6th round?? I wouldn't count on it.

Well, this is how it went:

Manning, Eli QB NYG

Lewis, Jamal RB CLE

Lynch, Marshawn RB BUF

Moss, Santana WR WAS

Owens, Terrell WR DAL

Williams, Roy WR DET

Daniels, Owen TE HOU

Brown, Josh K STL

Cowboys, DST

Edwards, Trent QB BUF

Taylor, Fred RB JAC

Jackson, Vincent WR SD

Utecht, Ben TE CIN

Bills, DST

Starting line-up on top, followed up by the reserves. Eh, I could do well and I could flop.

Manning, Eli QB NYG

Lewis, Jamal RB CLE

Lynch, Marshawn RB BUF

Moss, Santana WR WAS

Owens, Terrell WR DAL

Williams, Roy WR DET

Daniels, Owen TE HOU

Brown, Josh K STL

Cowboys, DST

Edwards, Trent QB BUF

Taylor, Fred RB JAC

Jackson, Vincent WR SD

Utecht, Ben TE CIN

Bills, DST

Starting line-up on top, followed up by the reserves. Eh, I could do well and I could flop.

It's good to see your representing the bills! Not a bad team overall, I think you have some solid WRs and Marshawn Lynch, whoa, watch out the rest of your league! Good team!

The question of every draft this year has gotta be - who bites on Brett Favre.

If he goes to Minnesota he goes between rounds 7 & 8 depending on the size of the league.

His biggest affect, IMO, will be on AP. We all know about the runner and OL, but with a legit top end QB and Rice and Berrian running the outside, AP will have open lanes which is flat out scary. This is just what the Dr. ordered for AP should this deal go down.

My Team (The Buffalo Ball Busters)

QB: David Garrard

QB: Brodie Croyle

HB: Marshawn Lynch

HB: Maurice Jones-Drew

HB: Ernest Graham

WR: Terrell Owens

WR: Dwayne Bowe

WR: Amani Toomer (I Have a feeling...)

WR: Bryant Johnson

WR: Drew Bennett

TE: Mercedes Lewis

TE: Derek Schouman (for fun)

K: Shayne Graham

D: Buffalo Bills

Happy with my receivers and TE, on the fence with Marshawn, and semi-disappointed with the D, K, and QB though.

The question of every draft this year has gotta be - who bites on Brett Favre.

I got Favre with the first pick of round 14. I had the 10th spot in a 10 team league so I woud not have picked again until the last selection of the draft and I figured someone would take him in round 15. I just didn't draft a kicker. My ligic is that by week one I'll know what Favre is doing and if he's not playing I'll drop him for a kicker, no harm no foul

BTW: With picks 10 and 11 I got Moss and Lynch.

Manning, Eli QB NYG

Lewis, Jamal RB CLE

Lynch, Marshawn RB BUF

Moss, Santana WR WAS

Owens, Terrell WR DAL

Williams, Roy WR DET

Daniels, Owen TE HOU

Brown, Josh K STL

Cowboys, DST

Edwards, Trent QB BUF

Taylor, Fred RB JAC

Jackson, Vincent WR SD

Utecht, Ben TE CIN

Bills, DST

Here's mine from a 10 team draft on Friday. I picked 10th.

QB - Matt Hasselbeck (Rd. 5)

QB - Jay Cutler (Rd. 9)

QB - Brett Favre (Rd. 14)

RB - Marshawn Lynch (rd. 2)

RB - Reggie Bush (Rd. 6)

RB - Ronnie Brown (Rd. 8)

RB - Deuce McAllister (Rd. 12)

RB - Lamont Jordan (Mr Irrelevant, last pick of round 15) I think he's going to vulture TDs.

WR - Braylon Edwards (rd. 3)

WR - Andre Johnson (rd. 4)

WR - Randy Moss (Rd. 1)

WR - Calvin Johnson (rd 10)

WR - Roscoe Parrish (return yards matter and Cribbs was gone) (Rd. 13)

TE - Kellen Winslow (Rd. 7)

DEF- Seattle (Rd. 11)

I know I took too many WRs early but all the top flight backs were gone by the last pick of round 3 and there weren't any worthy of the last pick of round 1 except for maybre Frank Gore but I don't trust his health at all. I liked Moss and Lynch better. By the time the picks came back around there had been 16 RBs taken and only 5 WRs (including Devin Hester which is insane) so I like the quality of Edwards and Johnson to flank Moss better than say Brandon Jacobs.

Here's mine from a 10 team draft on Friday. I picked 10th.

QB - Matt Hasselbeck (Rd. 5)

QB - Jay Cutler (Rd. 9)

QB - Brett Favre (Rd. 14)

RB - Marshawn Lynch (rd. 2)

RB - Reggie Bush (Rd. 6)

RB - Ronnie Brown (Rd. 8)

RB - Deuce McAllister (Rd. 12)

RB - Lamont Jordan (Mr Irrelevant, last pick of round 15) I think he's going to vulture TDs.

WR - Braylon Edwards (rd. 3)

WR - Andre Johnson (rd. 4)

WR - Randy Moss (Rd. 1)

WR - Calvin Johnson (rd 10)

WR - Roscoe Parrish (return yards matter and Cribbs was gone) (Rd. 13)

TE - Kellen Winslow (Rd. 7)

DEF- Seattle (Rd. 11)

I know I took too many WRs early but all the top flight backs were gone by the last pick of round 3 and there weren't any worthy of the last pick of round 1 except for maybre Frank Gore but I don't trust his health at all. I liked Moss and Lynch better. By the time the picks came back around there had been 16 RBs taken and only 5 WRs (including Devin Hester which is insane) so I like the quality of Edwards and Johnson to flank Moss better than say Brandon Jacobs.

Maybe not all that insane.. considering that "return yards matter". Not something I would do personally.. but I see THEIR logic.