Kffl info on Peters

I would predicted no chance of an EXTENDED Peters holdout two months ago....but signing Butler to that extension has to piss him off something crazy.

I still think he'll be around within a week...his leverage is next to nothing. Not only because of his contract situation, but when you consider that the Bills have had a sh-- offense his entire time at left tackle and still managed to be somewhat in the playoff hunt after Thanksgiving. He's the best player on the team...but it's also a team that has accomplished nothing with him as its best player.

I have been saying this for weeks. The Bills are not going to break the bank on a player who has had ONE pro bowl season playing for the 30th ranked offense in the league. If he comes in and plays a very integral role in our offense becoming a "professional offense", than of course the Bills should renegotiate with him after this season. But until than he needs to play under his existing contract, it is as simple as that.

I wonder - let's say Peters' holdout ends in a $50,000,000 contract. His agent gets 3% of that, or $1,500,000. Is is possible Eugene Parker has offered to pay Peters' fines for him? What's a few days at 15 grand if you've got a shot at that kind of money?

I wonder - let's say Peters' holdout ends in a $50,000,000 contract. His agent gets 3% of that, or $1,500,000. Is is possible Eugene Parker has offered to pay Peters' fines for him? What's a few days at 15 grand if you've got a shot at that kind of money?

Even if that were the case, it's a flawed strategy, 'cause Peters ain't gettin' any new contract. The only thing he has managed to do is piss off Ralph, alienate more than a few fans, and let his teammates and coaches down.

He'll report by this Friday, August 8th, tail between his legs, looking quite foolish and about $150K poorer.

Yeah, but even if it doesn't work, it'll make his other clients more likely to trust him during a holdout - if the agent assumes the risk from multiple players (Peters, Hester, Jackson), he makes them all much more likely to hold out. With multiple hold outs, he'll get shot down a few times, but if he strikes gold once or twice, he'll get paid back.