Kffl info on Peters

It's bizarre. And if this were misinformation being put out by the Bills, Peters could dismiss it with a single phone call. Unless his agent has no care for winning a publicity war with the team - a defeat that could cost him fan goodwill (read: endorsements) - this is the truth.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is more Peters than Parker - his other holdouts are clearly stating their issues.

Perhaps Peters and/or his agent believe "He who talks first losses." That's a basic tenet of negotiating, but it doesn't necessarily work when you're dealing with other people who know negotiating. Plus, Peters has no leverage other than the fact that we're not as good without him. Bills own him for 3 years.

Perhaps Peters and/or his agent believe "He who talks first losses." That's a basic tenet of negotiating, but it doesn't necessarily work when you're dealing with other people who know negotiating. Plus, Peters has no leverage other than the fact that we're not as good without him. Bills own him for 3 years.

Wilson's article said:

Even if Peters comes to camp, the Bills expect him to continuing playing under his current contract. Perhaps things could change, but for right now the Bills have no plans to give him a new deal this season.

So much for all the talk about how the team would give him a new deal if he only came to camp. Whether he comes to camp or not, no new deal this year.

Sounds to me like they said they want a new deal this year and the team said "no". Until they say "yes" there is nothing to negotiate, nothing to talk about and no need for any meetings, text messages or faxes.

That all makes sense and explains the utter lack of any activity. Both sides are waiting to see who blinks first.

Peters won't miss significant if any regular season time, just my prediction, mark it down. Guys hold out every year, dozens, and rarely does anyone miss gametime. Id say it creates more worries with a big guy but it never seemed to hurt Walter Jones any.

Peters won't miss significant if any regular season time, just my prediction, mark it down. Guys hold out every year, dozens, and rarely does anyone miss gametime. Id say it creates more worries with a big guy but it never seemed to hurt Walter Jones any.

Was not last year his first full year at LT. He is still learning the position. Yeah is is talented, but no where near Walter Jones level. Jason needs the time in camp. I think his sucess is getting to his head. He has not reached elite status and still needs to work on his game.

Correct, and if he doesn't report, they own him forever, because he will never serve any time off his contract, thus remaining at 3 years until he at least shows up for half of the games for a season, and losing 187K for every game he misses...

Correct, and if he doesn't report, they own him forever, because he will never serve any time off his contract, thus remaining at 3 years until he at least shows up for half of the games for a season, and losing 187K for every game he misses...

He will lose money, we will lose games. Great.

Don't people realize that when kffl "report" anything, they're actually linking to an online article that almost always can be found on the front page of Two Bills Drive (usually the Buffalo News, as in the case of this item)? They're a search bot aggregator, not a news organization.

I just don't get the rationale for starting threads with "kffl info" or "according to kffl...."

Kffl is reporting that as told by Allen Wilson, Buffalo News sports reporter. Peters is giving the Bills the silent treatment. He has not answered text messages or Voice mails. Old Elvis Pig has really got an attitude. :blink:

If hes not happy with this contract, he certainly wont be happy giving $15,000 a day back to the Bills. Peters should fire his Jack Ass agent, the deal will be worked out he needs to get his ass to camp for the teams sake.

He came in as an undrafted tight end which doesnt pay squat, then converted into tackle via the right tackle spot, they gave him his current contract paying him mediocre starters wages at the time was a very fair deal. then he switched to left, afterwards the management brings in Dockery and signing him to a rediculously high contract, the Langston Walker is also overrpaid. Now Peters becomes a very good Left tackle making the probowl. not only is he better then the other two, he plays the highest paid position on the offensive line. Does he deserve a new contract? absolutely, we need to make him a franchise tackle without question, Did the Bills screw themselves by overpaying for Dockery and Walker? Evans is in a contract year so is crowell, If Edwards pans out hes going to have to get paid QB money, Lynch is going to have a big contract. Is there going to be enough money to give another big contract to an o lineman.

I would predicted no chance of an EXTENDED Peters holdout two months ago....but signing Butler to that extension has to piss him off something crazy.

I still think he'll be around within a week...his leverage is next to nothing. Not only because of his contract situation, but when you consider that the Bills have had a sh-- offense his entire time at left tackle and still managed to be somewhat in the playoff hunt after Thanksgiving. He's the best player on the team...but it's also a team that has accomplished nothing with him as its best player.

He came in as an undrafted tight end which doesnt pay squat, then converted into tackle via the right tackle spot, they gave him his current contract paying him mediocre starters wages at the time was a very fair deal. then he switched to left, afterwards the management brings in Dockery and signing him to a rediculously high contract, the Langston Walker is also overrpaid. Now Peters becomes a very good Left tackle making the probowl. not only is he better then the other two, he plays the highest paid position on the offensive line. Does he deserve a new contract? absolutely, we need to make him a franchise tackle without question, Did the Bills screw themselves by overpaying for Dockery and Walker? Evans is in a contract year so is crowell, If Edwards pans out hes going to have to get paid QB money, Lynch is going to have a big contract. Is there going to be enough money to give another big contract to an o lineman.

not a problem

well, as we have seen for the last 15 years, if you have a huge hole as your OL, you won;t genrate much offense and you won't have to worry about your skill players putting up any stats which will justify big contracts

Actually not talking to anyone is to Peters advantage.

Right now everyone is wondering what he, and his agent are thinking and whether they are fools.

Any statement he makes will remove all doubts about this question.

Is there any argument he can make which will help his case?

This is a negotiation and with the Bills I doubt it. As far as any statements to the public any comment from him other than I will be in camp on X date will create such a crescendo of him getting grief I think it is no wonder he has nothing to say.

Actually not talking to anyone is to Peters advantage.

Right now everyone is wondering what he, and his agent are thinking and whether they are fools.

Any statement he makes will remove all doubts about this question.

Is there any argument he can make which will help his case?

This is a negotiation and with the Bills I doubt it. As far as any statements to the public any comment from him other than I will be in camp on X date will create such a crescendo of him getting grief I think it is no wonder he has nothing to say.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to talk about. The Bills won't renegotiate this year. He won't play unless they do. Nothing is going to happen until one side is forced to blink.

Don't people realize that when kffl "report" anything, they're actually linking to an online article that almost always can be found on the front page of Two Bills Drive (usually the Buffalo News, as in the case of this item)? They're a search bot aggregator, not a news organization.

I just don't get the rationale for starting threads with "kffl info" or "according to kffl...."

I am so glad that I am not the only one bothered by this! The only possible use of KFFL is to summarize clips from other teams' home newspapers....