Is Corner outplaying McKelvin?

obviously its real early, but reading the daily practice notes it sure sounds like Reggie Corner has been making a lot more plays and seeing more time with the first unit than McKelvin. It seems like in camp the good players flash ability - I feel like we've heard preciously little about McKelvin and that has me concerned. Just how much of a contributor is McKelvin actually going to be this year? It seems like his chances at starting are looking pretty remote.

obviously its real early, but reading the daily practice notes it sure sounds like Reggie Corner has been making a lot more plays and seeing more time with the first unit than McKelvin. It seems like in camp the good players flash ability - I feel like we've heard preciously little about McKelvin and that has me concerned. Just how much of a contributor is McKelvin actually going to be? It seems like his chances at starting are looking pretty remote.

How about waiting until a couple of pre-season games are played. Are you really concerned after only 2 weeks of camp?

How about waiting until a couple of pre-season games are played. Are you really concerned after only 2 weeks of camp?

I'm not that concerned because I think we're not in dire straights at cornerback and because it's ridiculously early - but there's been apparently little to brag about his play in training camp so far - and I guarantee you that if there was anything to brag about Chris Brown would be all over it. It's good that Corner is doing well though.

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I agree with the other posters. Corner may be outplaying McKelvin but hes also been there a few more days and its McKelvins first work as a pro. Give the poor guy some time to get his feet wet.

As far as worrying about when McKelvin is going to start, I am not. He will start when he's ready, Terrence and Jabari are formidable and we have plenty of depth. A corner is supposed to be arrogant and believe they can cover anyone, I feel it is important to ease him into the lineup as he gets more experience, no need to break him mentally. He might not recover for a while from that. Im also not worried about McKelvin having talent, because if the Bills thought enough to draft him as the top corner and most draft experts had him ranked #1 or 2 at his position he clearly has ability. A co-worker of mine whom I talked to today did say that he did not look as fast at camp as advertised, which I found interesting but am not too worried about. I only attended camp for about an hour last saturday and I don't even think he was there yet at that point.

Thats about all I have to say about that.

Meh, who cares. I really don't want to depend on either of them this upcoming season. McGee, James, & Greer are a very solid starting linup. And Corner and McKelvin and Youboty and jsut good enough to light a fire under all three of their butts.

I noticed this in the CB write ups. You all could be right that it is just taking him a little longer to get the system down. It is early. I think by seasons end LM will be playing a back up role, but at least seeing some action.

I just wonder who is going to return kicks and punts.

I'm worried its going to take him a few years. He seems to have "learning disability" written all over him. I have yet to make it through one of his interviews. Yikes.

Dude is from the deep south. He doesn't enunciate. Has zero to do with intelligence.

I have a feeling you wouldn't be able to make it through an interview with someone who has got a heavy Scottish highland accent. Usually they include subtitles with those things for people with listening impediments, though, so maybe you'd be ok.

The CB position is one of the hardest to learn for a rookie. In college, there's a lot less emphasis on disguising coverages. In the NFL it's elevated to an art form. The other big leap is in film study. Corners have to do a lot of it to get any advantage they can. Another thing that a rookie corner has to learn is that he can't play sloppy or make up for mental mistakes with athletic ability. In college they can get away with it. In the NFL it's a touchdown. So I'm sure he's pretty overwhelmed right now. He probably won't really come into his own until next year.

Wow this post read my mind because i was thinking the exact same thing and i hope McKelvin isnt a bust but it does seem like Corner is outplaying or at least out learning him and progressing further but we shall see in the preseason and ohh ya i still want McKelvin's autograph lol

Dude is from the deep south. He doesn't enunciate. Has zero to do with intelligence.

I have a feeling you wouldn't be able to make it through an interview with someone who has got a heavy Scottish highland accent. Usually they include subtitles with those things for people with listening impediments, though, so maybe you'd be ok.

What does geography have to do with him being stupid? You insult the entire deep south.

Eric Moulds didn't sound like this.

It reminds me of listening to Willis McGahee. Was he a misunderstood genius as well?

Are you Scottish or Southern?

I'm worried its going to take him a few years. He seems to have "learning disability" written all over him. I have yet to make it through one of his interviews. Yikes.

What does geography have to do with him being stupid? You insult the entire deep south.

It reminds me of listening to Willis McGahee. Was he a misunderstood genius as well?

WoW :blink:

Corner may be outplaying McKelvin but hes also been there a few more days and its McKelvins first work as a pro. Give the poor guy some time to get his feet wet.

Corner is a rookie so its his first work as a pro as well

Well, I think you missed my point, but whatever. This is the Internet, afterall.

How exactly do I insult the deep south? Have you ever heard a Creole accent (for example)? Most people have a hard time understanding it. That doesn't mean the person speaking that way is dumb. For you to draw a linear conclusion like that is kinda silly. Next thing you know, you'll be saying I'm trying to argue that McKelvin is from Louisiana.

And, I am not Scottish but I did live in Atlanta for 3 years.

Fans of pretty much any other team in the league would be excited that Corner seems to be playing so well that he's overshadowing McKelvin so far. It's not like McKelvin's talent has disappeared, give him time...to me, this is a positive, especially after the selection of Corner was criticized by some in April.

I'm sure that even Cardinals fans weren't bitching when Anquan Boldin was outplaying Bryant Johnson as a rookie. Worked out ok for them- they've had a very potent passing attack for years.

obviously its real early, but reading the daily practice notes it sure sounds like Reggie Corner has been making a lot more plays and seeing more time with the first unit than McKelvin. It seems like in camp the good players flash ability - I feel like we've heard preciously little about McKelvin and that has me concerned. Just how much of a contributor is McKelvin actually going to be? It seems like his chances at starting are looking pretty remote.

Leodis will come around. If true, then it means we got two stud corners that will patrol the secondary for years to come (much like Whitner and Simpson).