Bills sign LB Donnie Spragan

zevo

I thought we should have signed him a few months ago when we brought him in for a workout. He can play any LB position and is a veteran among a young group. Mitchell and Crowell are the veterans, but if one of them were to get injured, I wasn't so comfortable about who could step in and play. I'm not an Ellison guy, and am not surprised that DiGiorgio is getting the second string reps at OLB ahead of Ellison in addition to his MLB duties. If there is an injury, I still think DiGiorgio comes in at whatever LB position it is ahead of Spragan, but it certainly won't hurt to have an extra veteran around. I wish the best to Bowen and his recovery.

Fairly old for a LB, oldest on our team. Miami did not want him back after three years which is not a good sign. I doubt he will be playing special teams so he may be inactive a lot of games.

I wouldn't be too worried about what Miami wanted, they are rebuilding and hes not a guy you want starting on a rebuilding team. Plus he's not a parcells guy, parcells loves to absolutely clean house when he takes over. On account of the fact that this seems like a response to the alvin bowen injury, I say that in all likelihood this makes our team better this year. Bowen surely could turn out to be a special teams ace in the future, but I understand our ST unit has a more complicated playbook than most and Spragan should be able to fill in there while providing better depth at the LB position. When a 5th round pick is the most significant injury through 10 days of camp, we're not doing too bad. Lets just keep our fingers crossed nothing crappy happens.