Steve Smith Busts CB in the Eye

H2o

Well Mr. Lucas, what did we learn today? Do not mess with Steve Smith.

From what I read it sounded like it might have been a cheap shot. The other players were warned by the coaching staff not to retaliate against Smith and I can't imagine they'd be given that warning if Smith clocked the guy in a straight up fight.

This is the second time Smith has punched a teammate, he did it a few years ago as well. Sounds like a great teammate...

He's no Michael Westbrook.

Oooooooo, I remember that one. He beat the crap out of Stephen Davis in practice one day. Surprisingly the video is nowhere to be found. Oh well.

That was freaky. He might have killed Davis if nobody stopped him, and Davis was no little guy.

Yeah, I think Davis made a reference towards him about being "buddies" with Kordell Stewart when they played together at Colorado.

Yeah, I think Davis made a reference towards him about being "buddies" with Kordell Stewart when they played together at Colorado.

That's actually true, it started over some kind of gay joke. This fight supposedly started over the speculation Ken Lucas got a nose job.

That's actually true, it started over some kind of gay joke. This fight supposedly started over the speculation Ken Lucas got a nose job.

That and Lucas making a good play against Smith and others teasing him about "nosejob" Lucas getting the better of him. Who knows, Lucas might have prodded the bear as well.