Peters info per Chris Brown

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that if he misses past the 1oth game, that year doesn't even count. So Peters would still owe 3 years. So Peters can never hold out long enough to get out from under the Bills, assuming they don't trade him. My opinion is they would rather have him rot on the vine than let him play anywhere else. And face it, no one will give him a nickel if he misses a year. He won't be "elite" anymore.

PTR

Isn't there a rule that if he does not report to camp by the 8th (one month before the start of the season) he loses the year? I heard this on the radio this week but I wasn't sure if it was true or how it worked cause I though the rule about the 10th game was what determined the year

Alot of people would make the same statement about the first pick in the draft needing to ern that money. The system as a whole is at fault here, along with all of these guys who play under this current system for not being men of their word. They all signed contracts that are binding.

Contracts are binding until the team doesn't want them to be anymore.

It is a win now league. It is a what have you done for me lately league. Every organization is looking for every player's replacement the second they sign him. When you are coming off a Pro Bowl season and are widely considered to be a top-5 player, you look to renegotiate. Holding out is your only leverage. It is a physical game, injuries happen, and you don't want to play Pro Bowl seasons for a journeyman salary. It could all end tomorrow.

My understanding is this - if you don't report by the 8th of August, you lose a year of NFL service - which affects restricted free agency, pensions, minimum salaries, and a few other things. However, you still can run off a year of your contract up until week 10. They seem contradictory in principle, but they govern different things.

Since there's a possibility of an uncapped year in 2010, players would need six years of service to be UFAs instead of RFAs, rather than the usual four. Peters, though, is under contract, one way or another, until 2010, so he's not at risk.

You use "AN" in front of vowels. I'd be ashamed to be from the same university as you. :thumbsup:

Except when the "u" sounds like the "y" in "you", like University, therefore "A university degree" is correct. Geesh, what school did you go to?

My understanding is this - if you don't report by the 8th of August, you lose a year of NFL service - which affects restricted free agency, pensions, minimum salaries, and a few other things. However, you still can run off a year of your contract up until week 10. They seem contradictory in principle, but they govern different things.

Since there's a possibility of an uncapped year in 2010, players would need six years of service to be UFAs instead of RFAs, rather than the usual four. Peters, though, is under contract, one way or another, until 2010, so he's not at risk.

So if I understand this correctly, If your not in Camp by the 8th (one month before the season starts) the year doesn't count towards a year of service in the NFL when it comes to eligibility for Pension and FA, etc. But if you come back and play before the 10th game of the season, it will count as a year on your contract with your current team.

Except when the "u" sounds like the "y" in "you", like University, therefore "A university degree" is correct. Geesh, what school did you go to?

It was an inside joke between friends.

And the answer is a better school than the University of Texas.

The question I have is, if you want more money and decide to sit out, don't you or your agent call the team and tell them the situation and what you're looking for? Nobody has even heard from him. The whole way he is going about this is stupid.

I have to ask, what exactly was his Wonderlic score? IIRC, wasn't it pretty low?

So if I understand this correctly, If your not in Camp by the 8th (one month before the season starts) the year doesn't count towards a year of service in the NFL when it comes to eligibility for Pension and FA, etc. But if you come back and play before the 10th game of the season, it will count as a year on your contract with your current team.

Correct.

PTR

The question I have is, if you want more money and decide to sit out, don't you or your agent call the team and tell them the situation and what you're looking for? Nobody has even heard from him. The whole way he is going about this is stupid.

I have to ask, what exactly was his Wonderlic score? IIRC, wasn't it pretty low?

I can guarantee that, at least some point, the Bills' brass has spoken with Peters' agent. Just assuming that whatever is publicly uttered by ANY employee of ANY professional sports organization is automatically true doesn't make you much of a Realist.

I think Peters hasn't got the cards the "normal" holdout has, because he's signed for 3 more years... it won't cost the Bills anything to make him sit if that's what he wants to do. It'll be unfortunate, but he signed on the dotted line. I don't know whether he'll get much sympathy from his teammates either.

I do hope the Bills get a deal done w/ Evans. It'll show that they are negotiating in good faith w/ players who show up (and deserve an extension like Evans does).

What will be interesting is when Langston Walker does a fine job at LT and Kirk Chambers holds his own at the RT spot... who will come crawling back to whom. No player is more important than the team. I feel he is losing the respect of his team mates too. He makes more than Poz, more than jabari greer, more than Trent Edwards, Crowell etc...

You use "AN" in front of vowels. I'd be ashamed to be from the same university as you. :thumbsup:

We did go to one of the top academic universities in the country, where we made friends with some of the dumbest people in the world, go figure.