OK, conspiracy nuts - sharpen your pencils

GG

Ok, I'll start. Whether he was the guy or not, is this the profile of a man to whom you would grant top secret clearance to study chemical weaponry?

"Client has a history dating to his graduate days of homicidal threats, plans and actions towards therapists," Ms. Duley said, adding that his psychiatrist had described him as homicidal and sociopathic.

Ok, I'll start. Whether he was the guy or not, is this the profile of a man to whom you would grant top secret clearance to study chemical weaponry?

Biological weaponry.

And I think that profile is a requirement for the field.

Hell, ten years ago I almost ended up in New Mexico designing nuclear weapons.

Does that seem wise and safe to any of you here? :unsure:

There's a fine line between genius and insanity

When the Anthrax turd crossed the line he mailed out Anthrax

When you cross the line you post on TSW :lol:

It sounded like the guy was a little goofy, but tylenol and codeine doesn't make sense. For a guy that developed freakin strains of ANTHRAX, you're telling me he's going to take himself out with codeine? Heck, I can probably pop 20 of those puppies and have a fair shot of waking up in 4 hours.

For a guy that develops compounds and germs for a living to take himself out with codeine is like a Marine trying to kill himself with a bb-gun. Show some pride and take it Private Pile style.

I talked to the Surgeon General and his top assistant during the height of the Anthrax going out and asked how things were going with finding out what was going on. The assistant told me that Anthrax was the least of their worries compared to what they know is out there. I couldn't believe it. I told her she's supposed to sooth over the public and just tell me everything will be fine. I appreciate honesty, but that caught me off guard.

It sounded like the guy was a little goofy, but tylenol and codeine doesn't make sense. For a guy that developed freakin strains of ANTHRAX, you're telling me he's going to take himself out with codeine? Heck, I can probably pop 20 of those puppies and have a fair shot of waking up in 4 hours.

You'd probably wake up in four hours...then die in three days. Tylenol causes death by liver toxicity. It's slow, and it's painful, and it's pretty irreversible - once you take enough tylenol to kill you, you will die.

It's an odd choice for a microbiologist to make, kind of like a gun owner choosing to suffocate himself. But then, the guy was apparently somewhat off his rocker, so we probably shouldn't go ascribing any rational decision-making processes to him either.

Hell, ten years ago I almost ended up in New Mexico designing nuclear weapons.

Does that seem wise and safe to any of you here? :rolleyes:

I tend to draw a line between suicidal & homicidal tendencies.

(Would be tough to smuggle out a nuke in the Prius. Even for you.)

Dipwad,

No one knew where it was from, but Sadaam seemed like a good guess at the time.

The FBI had to get the genome sequenced to determine it came from Ivins' lab.

Dipwad,

A "good guess at the time"? Right.............

Isn't he running on his supposed foreign policy credentials and judgment as commander and chief?

Dipwad,

And even though it took them seven years to track it down to a specific lab, it was very rapidly determined that it was an American strain made with American methodology. One excuse for invading Iraq - maybe the only one - that you never heard was the Anthrax mailings...probably because they determined Iraq had nothing to do with it well before they started talking about the invasion.

Before that determination...it wasn't even a good guess, it was an ignorant knee-jerk reaction.